Jump to content
North Side Baseball

SeldomSeen

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    940
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by SeldomSeen

  1. Good to hear. I just bought one on half.com for $25. Go me.
  2. A healthy Kerry Wood.
  3. So what about this quote from the winter meetings? Either Prior has made it known that he wouldn't mind such a trade, Hendry was blatantly lying, or this deal is purely speculative. I'd be shocked if anything were to come of this, especially over the holiday. As far as we know, the conversation went something like this: JH: Hey, if you ever get around to trading Miggy, we'd sure like to have him. MF: Yeah, we'd like to have Prior. JH: Good talk, Mike. MF: O.K. Jim, talk to you later. Maybe I'm hoping against hope, but I think Prior will still be a Cub come April.
  4. Here are mine: Patterson BN- $3.00 Blanco BN- $1.50 Hairston BN- $2.00 Perez BN- $2.50 Cedeno SS- $0.35 Ramirez 3B- $10.50 Lee 1B- $9.42 Barrett C- $4.00 Walker 2B- $2.50 Murton LF- $0.35 Pierre CF- $5.5 Jones RF- $5.33 Howry RP- $4.00 Dempster RP- $5.00 Willamson RP- $2.00 Wuertz RP- $0.35 Ohman RP- $0.35 Novoa RP- $0.35 Eyre RP- $2.70 Prior SP- $3.50 Zambrano SP- $5.00 Wood SP- $12.50 Maddux SP- $9.00 Rusch SP- $2.50 Williams SP- $0.35 Total $94.55 I guess I had left Pierre out for some reason. Looks like 5-10 M.
  5. I've got approx. 10 M assuming 100M payroll. This includes estimates for Patterson, Hairston, Z, and Prior.
  6. I couldn't possibly agree more with you Vance. Beat me to it. I agree.
  7. I really don't want to see Prior dealt, but if he is I'd like to see Markakis somehow involved. This is not good news.
  8. If Prior really is unhappy here, perhaps his inclusion in a trade is at his own request/ suggestion. Maybe he won't go public with it, like Tejada ( and he really doesn't have much leverage), but maybe he's made it known that he "wouldn't be opposed" to such a trade. Whatever the reason, Hendry has done an abrupt about face with regard to dealing him if these rumors are to be believed. It definitely seems as though there is smoke here.
  9. We better be getting Manny AND Tejada then... Manny AND Tejada? World Series here come the Cubbies =P~ Sorry, Manny will cost as many runs as he drives in. NO Thanks!!!!!!!! Manny might cost you 10-20 runs on defense. I'm pretty sure he'd generate a few more than that.
  10. I don't trust Murph as far as I could throw him, but if Zito moving to Balto gets Prior's name off the table, that would be wonderful. With your bad knee, Ed, you really shouldn't... ah, nevermind. I agree with Tree, trading Pie looks a whole lot better now that Prior's name has been bandied about.
  11. That's because it sucks. As an aside, does anyone think this makes Pie or even Murton more available trade pieces for a big bat??? I'm looking for a silver lining.
  12. Coke= cola Sprite= lemon/lime drink Beer= what I usually order
  13. I like Nomar, but the Dodgers may set the record this year for most player days on the DL. I wonder how all that stretching at 1B is going to go over.
  14. Joan Rivers oh yeah, joan jett. James Jett (that took me a while) James Andrews. Thea Andrews Thea Hackett. she's a character in one of my short stories. Buddy Hackett
  15. from the trib. Something stinks. There is no way CP is the starting RF for this team. This is Hendry's way of saying "we're not giving him away for scraps." I think it's a little late for that, though.
  16. But it only takes one for a malapropism. :P
  17. That deal, today, doesn't look too bad. However, Guzman has the chance to make it look horrible. I wouldn't worry a lot about Hill and Williams since 1) we'll never see them, and 2) they are middle to back of the rotation guys. We know what we have with Corey, and Cedeno would be redundant. Guzman, on the other hand could change the look of this deal if he figures out how to stay healthy. If not, he's no great loss, either.
  18. I think he slept with Ryno's wife.
  19. I think Hendry has made comments to the effect of trying to get a multi-year deal done next offseason. I'd think he would want to do it earlier, but perhaps he's waiting to judge Pie's progression this year.
  20. Green, please, and he can bring Vazquez with him.
×
×
  • Create New...