Jump to content
North Side Baseball

SeldomSeen

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    940
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by SeldomSeen

  1. So, sleep or bloodletting? That is the question. I'm going to have to call it a night, I guess. It's really disappointing, too, because when have the Aussies ever let us down?
  2. Are you assuming that Zito is really a Cub? sarcasm is my guess.
  3. Maybe we should keep him, like a mascot, until Juan Pierre gets here and has time to grow out the 'stache. Then ban him.
  4. I thought I heard cake and bag of marbles, but the accent may have thrown me off.
  5. I think he was able to submit a list of 6 teams, with Philly being one of them.
  6. I though Philly was on his no trade list. Could be wrong.
  7. If Ronny comes near this line next year, the Cubs will be in great shape will him at either at 2B or SS. I'd honestly take the .357 as his OBP, it's a heckuva lot better than the Neifster.
  8. Is it wrong to wish injury on a guy? Why is it that our pitchers can't tie their shoes without a visit to the trainer, but stick-leg-Neifi is invincible?
  9. I also would not be shocked to see Javier Vasquez and an OF from AZ.
  10. Todd Walker: G AB Batting 1st 285 1169 .291 .349 .443 .792 Batting 2nd 229 944 .306 .356 .480 .836 Juan Pierre: G AB Batting 1st 740 3150 .304 .354 .375 .729 Batting 2nd 40 147 .293 .346 .340 .686 Pretty good argument for keeping Walker. He doesn't have the speed, though, to convince Hendry and Dusty to keep him there, it appears.
  11. Some form of Juan Pierre for Todd Walker.
  12. So do you think we're going to end up signing like 4 more pitchers? Maybe like 3 more catchers and Rubby Perez? The more Perez, the better, I say.
  13. If he comes to the Cubs 1. Will they make a hat small enough to fit his head? 2. Will they make him wear it on his head bill forward? Inquiring minds want to know! But does he want a hat that fits his head? I think the majority of his power is derived from the baby-esque features. Pitchers don't want to be mean to a child, so they don't throw at his face when he tries to bunt for hits? He really needs a mustache. I would probably be on the bandwagon for trading for him if he had a huge stache. I can relate to mustaches more than I can to being a baby. I haven't worn diapers in years, but I wear my mustache everyday. SABR that! MCBA will rule the next decade in baseball! (Mustache-Centric Baseball Analysis). All good points. The high socks, girlish stature, smallish head, hat asque. That has Little League World Series conotations. I wouldn't want to bean a baby either. At totteler though that is a horse of a different color. How sweet would it be if he had a Rolly Fingers handle bar Mustache? This seals it. I want Juan Pierre, if only because he's a good luck charm. Kind of like a troll doll.
  14. I'd rather win. Period. I don't care if (insert most hated person here) is coaching the team, I want to win. If you don't think that's possible with this management team (and I think that's what you're saying), that's one thing. But to wish for losing is something I just don't understand. They don't have to win my way, I just want wins. I think what he means is he doesn't want to see 85 wins out of team that has no chance to win the WS thereby saving Dusty's job. If the team wins the WS, I'm with you - but back to back winning seasons is not good enough. Of course, in that case I'm with you. 85 wins shouldn't be a goal, it's a disappointment. However, sometimes we'd rather be right than good, and I'm just trying to clarify. I admit that this team drives me nuts with its style of play, but if it was winning, I'd learn to love it.
  15. I'd rather win. Period. I don't care if (insert most hated person here) is coaching the team, I want to win. If you don't think that's possible with this management team (and I think that's what you're saying), that's one thing. But to wish for losing is something I just don't understand. They don't have to win my way, I just want wins.
  16. I don't buy any of the reports about Soriano. They were (both?) proffered up by sites that seem to get off on pulling random stuff out of nowhere. Almost all of the players that we've been linked to in rumors post somewhat strong OBPs (Bradley, Furcal, Wilkerson) and to go after Soriano seems to be a great departure from that. I seem to remember that Hendry has made somewhat tacit admissions that this team needs to get on base more. Trading (what would a large price at that) for Soriano just doesn't compute. But then again, neither does anything to do with Neifi. NEIFI RAGE HAS EATEN THE WINTER Oh, I'm not buying the Wood/Zito/Soriano rumor. It's just that Hendry has been said to be high on him in the past and it's no secret that he's available this winter.
  17. If this report is true, then I guess we should start getting used to the idea of Soriano and Pierre, huh?
  18. Et tu, Aramis Fan? Seriously, I hope this is true, just so we can move on. I don't think I can handle another Furcal thread.
  19. Word around here is that he will play, which I think is huge. As long as the IU big men can avoid foul trouble, I think they have a real chance here. Davis has always been a good defensive coach. With the way they are scoring, they can be a real good team. The only thing that worries me is them relying on hitting 50%+ from 3. Hopefully Killingsworth will be a man again tonight.
  20. That is a lot of looneys and twoneys the Jays are spending! IMO Toronto is one of the most beautiful cities in America. This is getting crazy. First they offer 5/55, then they move to America! Stop the insanity. :P
  21. Tiger Bait! Tiger Bait! GEAUX to Hell LSU Wow, so much for friendly rivalries. :wink:
×
×
  • Create New...