Jump to content
North Side Baseball

SeldomSeen

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    940
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by SeldomSeen

  1. I'm not all that excited about that UConn win, especially after the way they played at Louisville. To me, there is still a lot for this IU team to prove. Home wins are great, but to really be considered in that top group they've got to get some quality wins on the road. I'm not taking for granted the Illinois game at home, either. Time will tell, but at least we still care this late in the season.
  2. Huge game for the Hoosiers today. If they truly want to make it a "Big 3" in the conference, they have to pull out some road wins starting with Iowa.
  3. Love the win, hate storming the court. Ratliff is such an enigma. It's great to have so many different guys able to contribute, especially on an off night for Wilmont and Bassett, but Ratliff is just so hot and cold. He's a blast to watch when he's hot like tonight, but when he's bad, he's really bad. I hate to say it, but he reminds me a lot of Charlie Miller. Let's hope he develops more than ol' Charlie did.
  4. Are you trying to tell me Cliff Floyd can't hit a curve ball?
  5. No kidding. I really wasn't all that impressed by Illinois, but my lord they made us look awful. Well deserved win for them. As always, it's tough to win on the road in the Big 10.
  6. Brady is nothing without Vinatieri :wink:
  7. Or not. Damn, quit choking on it, Peyton! Like I said, where were the open receivers? QB's gotta have help, I don't care who you are. I agree, but I hated the play calling there.
  8. Or not. Damn, quit choking on it, Peyton!
  9. If there was ever an opportunity for Manning to have a signature game winning drive, this appears to be it.
  10. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say an average outfielder in his early 30s and a few not-so-great pitching prospects are not going to fetch a 25 year old guy who is at least a #2, and maybe a #1 if he puts it all together like he did in 2004. Oh, I doubt they take that deal, but it's a starting point. The bolded looked to be a large if, at times, last season. If he's rumored to be available- why not at least make the call?
  11. I'd really like them to go ahead and sign Lofton or trade for Church, then package Jacque + pitching and see if the Padres are interested (Peavy).
  12. You mean besides the fact that you don't play for the Cubs? So, jerseys are supposed to advertise fact? If that is the case, I guess I'm supposed to believe there are 14,000 Zambrano's walking around Wrigley when I go to a game? If someone chooses to put their own name on a jersey, I don't take offense that they never played for the team. I can make the mental adjustment that some guy named Finkleman in a Cub jersey two rows in front of me probably isn't avoiding his responsibilities in the dugout. This is my new favorite post ever.
  13. If we're thinking Pie for center this year, why not try and send Jacque home and ask SD about Peavy?
  14. Speaking of Hendry's man-love for Soriano, I wonder who might have dropped this little gem from Jerry Crasnick's latest: ITSJHWD?
  15. Hmm. Would he throw a hissy fit about playing CF like he did over playing LF? maybe we put him at second and still get drew for center? :D Or put Soriano in Center, Drew in Right, and Trade jacque! More realistically, perhaps- Soriano in CF, Murton in LF, trade Jacque for Giles in RF. That's the offensive off season I'd love to see with no Drew.
  16. Nobody ________ with DeJesus.
  17. So...uh, hot stove, anyone? Seriously, Preston Wilson just won a world series ring.
  18. I never understood the hurry to get Hendry's extension done. Why not wait until the end of the year with Baker? It's not like this year was ever full of promise or that last year's performance was worthy of an extension. Had they waited on Hendry, wholesale changes could've been made and this team might have something resembling a direction for next season.
  19. Why is it so difficult to disagree without ridicule? As entertaining and informative as this place can be, it has lately become just as intolerant and unfriendly. What's up with that? Sorry to pick on your post specifically, it's just something that I've noticed lately.
  20. It's been said, but I'd much rather overpay for a guy like Soriano than Neifi, Rusch, Pierre, Izturis... Besides, it's not like he's never slugged well before. This is is 4th season in the last 5 with 35+ HR and .500+ SLG. If he maintains even a modest amount of patience he's head and shoulders above any in-house solutions for 2B.
  21. I think they should trade him for Arod.
  22. I thought the same thing about Gary Matthews, Jr. :oops:
×
×
  • Create New...