Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Haven't been able to see too many Bears games this season, so will Fuller shadow Adams? Or does he primarily play one side of the field?
  2. I was at that game too! SIU had a lead in the second quarter if I remember correctly. I think they were up 17-3. And then Howard took over
  3. I refuse to believe he couldn't get a cramp worked out on the bench. IF they had to take his pants off, put him in the tent. They have everything the sidelines except X-rays and toilets. Lamar had to horsefeathers. The internet has spoken! Oh, I definitely think he cramps - stomach cramps. And I believe he didn't go back to the locker room to take a sh!t. Judging from the way they showed him walking, I think he already took a sh!t. Like in his drawers. He [expletive] himself. And he had to go back to the locker room for a fresh pair of undies armor shorts and pants.
  4. I’d go with Rocks.
  5. http://www.speednik.com/files/2016/12/2016-12-27_00-27-11-640x353.png Newbomb, did you Cub?!?
  6. That's a pretty sure bet. Hope you're correct, regardless of Packer fan' post they've had horseshoes up their asses with Farve and Rodgers. I'm not saying Farve and Rodgers were shots in the dark but, as great as they turned out? No. Which is kinda what I said. They deliberately traded a #1 to get an unknown in Favre. And deliberately took a QB in the 1st round even though they had a HoFer currently on roster. Of course it worked out better than expected. But I'd hardly call it a horseshoe.
  7. Not certain what you mean with "pulling ...out of thin air". The Packers traded the 19th overall pick for a QB taken the year before in the second round. And that guy threw 4 passes, completing two of them to the other team (1 returned for a TD), so it's not like he "showed something" on his brief stint in ATL. GM Ron Wolf clearly thought highly enough of him to go after him with a 1st Rounder, thinking he might be the cornerstone QB for rookie HC Mike Holmgren. Regarding AR, there was back and forth for months leading up to the draft as to which QB would be taken first overall - Alex Smith or AR. Smith it was, and AR happened to fall all the way to GB. I give Ted Thompson a ton of credit for using a 1st Round pick on a QB when they still had an elite QB on the roster. He clearly felt AR was the BPA. Had the Niners taken AR and Smith fell, would TT taken Smith? We'll never know. But the AR pick was intentional. I don't think anyone would've wagered both would be first ballot HoFs, but I think both were expected to be highly successful QBs for the Packers. I say similar props to the Packers if Jordan Love turns out to be an elite QB. They traded up specifically to get him.
  8. Jugs machine is probably most accurate, no?
  9. So is he out for the season? That sounds serious enough not to mess around with by trying to soldier through until fully healed. They say only out minimum of 3 weeks. We’ll see.
  10. Incomplete pass stops clock. Injury can stop play clock without run off.
  11. Brad Hand on waivers too.
  12. Counterpoint: the Steelers are the best team in football. Not certain which of these quotes to agree or disagree with.
  13. Wilbur Marshall pummeled Joe Ferguson and did the same. I wanna say it was when he was with the Lions. Knocked him off his feet and unconscious.
  14. Lots of losses in Ricky's managerial career. But he's had to at least have fun watching the development of young players enter the league the past 7-8 years.
  15. I didn’t watch but why not go for the FG anyway at the end? At least then worst case scenario is you go to OT if Seattle gets a TD and the 2 point. That’s not to say they shouldn’t have gone for 2 earlier though. I get you want to kill the game if you have the chance but the ability to not just lose in regulation seems valuable. Agree with you 100%! My point about going for two was that it would’ve made the subsequent 4th down decision easier. He fucked up the two point conversion but was given a chance to redeem himself after the Vikings interception. And then instead of taking the FG to go up by a TD and 2pt conversion, he made another dumb decision y not taking the points. Minnesota should’ve won but deserved to lose.
  16. Zimmer is an idiot. Should've gone for two to put them up by 6. If he misses the 2-pt conversion, there's really no difference between being up by 4 or 5. A TD still beats you. And then it would've made the 4th down call easy -go for the FG and be up 7 or 9. But that jacka$s made the wrong decision twice and it cost his team the game.
  17. I believe this exact quote was stated by someone back in early August in another thread.
  18. Spend a bazillion dollars and sign the top 6-8 Free Agents.
  19. 2 straight walks and then an 0-2 count and you swing at a borderline strike / pitcher's pitch?
  20. For those not watching.....?
  21. I attribute my 0-2 record to nursing a bad shoulder this season. Or the Cubs being the the suckiest sucks that ever sucked. One or the other, I don’t know. Maybe both.
  22. I don’t mind if they lose because it’s never to soon to start getting my hopes up about next season.
×
×
  • Create New...