"Justin Fields is a rookie, not a magic wand — especially not in this offense. Only in Chicago could one magnificent preseason pass by a quarterback in an otherwise pedestrian performance be a revelation and a defining moment that should change Nagy’s mind and force his hand. Fields is ready for the NFL, but the Bears’ offense — as it currently stands — isn’t ready for him. Especially in the early going this season, Dalton is just as likely to win games that Fields wouldn’t as Fields is to win games that Dalton wouldn’t." Link to Sun-Times Article I thought this was a pretty good article. I get fans wanting to never see Dalton take a snap unless there's a couple seconds left in the 4th quarter. And I also get fans wanting to see Fields as soon as possible. From a fan perspective. But I really don't see the rush. As the article points out, he may be ready, but do you really know what you have as an offense/O-line? And how do fans even know how much of the offense and reading NFL defenses Josh even knows. I don't disagree with holding Fields out, at a minimum, for a few games, if not most of the season dpendent on what the coaches think of his development.