Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,475
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. If you're pessimistic then nothing matters. Field's leg will spontaneously combust on the 50 yard line against the Packers and they'll blow a 30-3 lead in the 4th quarter. You forgot, “…led by backup and future HoF’er Jordan Love.” 8-)
  2. I was puzzled by this as well. It’s like they decided to play against the clock more so than against the Seminole offense….with more than a quarter left in the game. They started giving up chunk yards on the ground and never really adjusted. They also had 1st and 5 late in the 4th and went run, pass, pass. Big mistake. Pound the rock. I thought the “arm forward” no fumble call was wrong. Maybe by the “ letter of the law” in was accurate, but the QB is clearly starting to grab the ball with his left hand before he fumbles. At least ND escaped with the W.
  3. 5 in a row!! :flythew: :flythew: :flythew: :flythew: :flythew:
  4. So the Cubs have either scored 2 in the 9th to tie or They've scored 3 in the 9th for the win. Play under review!
  5. I wonder if he was made available at the deadline, and if so, were there any significant offers. Not that I'm advocating he being traded, more curious as I don't recall hearing any rumors.
  6. I don't know where to get a video clip, or if one even exists yet....but Eloy just made probably the absolute worst throw to home from short left field. It was atrocious, something you'd see in little league on Saturday mornings. I can't even describe it.
  7. Don't know that they sucked, but certainly underachieved BIG TIME after 2017.
  8. :flythew: :flythew: :flythew: :flythew: You can't stop them, you can only hope to contain them!
  9. Kudos to Ian Happ. The guy was abysmal during the first 4 months of this season, but he really seems to have turned the corner this past month. Bodes well for the future Cubs.
  10. Gotta believe Megill gives up at least one, right? Doesn't he always?
  11. A bit of an indictment of the core players earlier this season.
  12. LOL - Duffy gets the suicide bunt down, and it rolls about 5 feet in front of the plate. Hermosillo had no chance to score. Two out and no runs so far.
  13. First and third, nobody out, bottom of the first. Good start, we'll see where it goes.
  14. Caissie’s swing looks at first likes it’s gonna be long and loopy, and then….SNAP, he whips the barrel head through the hitting zone. He looks like he has really quick hands.
  15. The visiting teams' fans?
  16. :flythew: :flythew: :flythew: WOW!!
  17. Cole Tucker has had a pretty bad night so far.
  18. I know a lot of you don't really want to see the Cubs win games, as it only hurts their draft position. I get it. But I can't find myself rooting for them to lose. Keegan - not good Sampson, Effross and Morgan - very good Ortega and Happ - Fan-friggin'-tastic!!! (3-run and 2-run bombs in the 7th) Alcantara - Honorable mention with a 3/4 night and really good defense.
  19. I guess I'm a bit sensitive (and shouldn't be) but I moved back to Chicago in 2006 after being gone for 18 years and as a young man had to endure the "mighty Sox" talk, especially since I lived in the SW 'burbs. Driving to work and listening to Mike North or any other jacka$$ on the radio everyday (like Stone) torch the Cubs and praise the WS really got to me. I know, listening was my fault. But it got to me. So when I (mis)read your comment, I got a bit riled up. I shouldn't care, but as a lifelong Cubs fan, it bugged me that the whole "no World Series since 1908" always seemed to come up. And after 2005, ugh! So the whole World Series thing is dead and buried, and the Sox are atrocious. That is all.
  20. The Cubs "gave" the city to the White Sox (or the WS took it, whatever) back in 2005. And what did that sh!tty franchise do with their newfound glory? Absolutely nothing. Say what you want about Cubs ownership over the decades, but the WS ownership and franchise is a complete joke and ALWAYS has been. As JD mentioned during a game this past weekend, they've never even made the playoffs in consecutive years. Pathetic. And they're a big market team too. Boo Hoo! They don't generate the revenue the Cubs do. That's lame nowadays with internet, cable, social media, 24 hours broadcasting, etc. If they wanted, they could change the revenue streams over time and dominate the city. But the ownership chooses not to. The throw away their good fortunes within a few years, just like they have done in the past. F the Sox!
  21. This game had 3 stars: Frank with a 3 run bomb! Justin Steele (W) goes 5 innings, giving up only 1 hit and 3 Ks, but also 3 BBs and HBP. GO/AO was 7/3. Pitches/K was 86/48, not great. Adbert (S) goes 4 innings in relief and is spectacular. 5 Ks, zero BBs, and 1 hit allowed. GO/AO was 4/1 and pitches/Ks was 40/30. SWEEP!! (it's something, sort of)
×
×
  • Create New...