Jump to content
North Side Baseball

PackLandVA

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    4,477
  • Joined

  • Last visited

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by PackLandVA

  1. Haven't watched the game since the 5th. Any clear cut choice for MVP? I can't think who might get it based on the stats?
  2. Beltran hit a rocket right at Tejeda in the first for a DP.
  3. Sarting in 1959, the NL went 27 and 5 with one tie (in '61 at Fenway). Gosh, the AL must've hated playing each year!
  4. Back in the 60's, 70's and 80's, didn't the NL win like 25 of 30 ASGs? Or some ridiculous amount?
  5. At 7:06 PM, this sounded like a well-thought out statement! :roll:
  6. Is it that big a deal if he plays the whole game? It's not like it's football. The guy will still be off tomorrow. He'd be playing if there was no All_Star Break. If LaRussa pulled him after a couple of innings, people would be bitching that the best player in the NL only batted once!
  7. Good point, expect Macais to start at third on Thursday :lol:
  8. I think the NL starters are considerably better, especially before Pedro dropped out. Carp, Dontrelle, Clemens, Pedro.....not many baserunners in there, let alone runs!
  9. August 1st is the latest projection for Nomar's return.
  10. Prior is leading off the Thursday game according to Cubs.com. Prior will be followed by Wood on Friday, Maddux on Saturday and Zambrano on Sunday. I wonder why the extra day for Z. Must be to put a break in between the hard throwers.
  11. Rusch was necessary to spot start/start last season and early this year. Now, however, I feel comfortable with Mitre or Williams filling the spot starter role. If they can get something of value for GR, I'd be willing to part with him. Because like others have said, he's not as efficient as a reliever.
  12. We all knew that the schedule in June and then the first part of July were gonna be a killer. I agreed with many other posters saying that if the Cubs could stay near .500 at the All-Star Break AND stay healthy, they'd be in good shape. Well, they're a game of .500 at the Break. I think the schedule works out for them to start the 2nd half. The worst part of their schedule has passed. I expect their starting pitching to be better and more consistent. I think the past 3 games was a glimpse into what to expect. I think the lineup, offensively, will be better as long as 1-2 are getting on base. And I think with a good start to the 2nd half, Hendry will make some moves to strengthen the team. I don't know if they'll make the playoffs. But I'd at least like to see them compete, and play to their potential. Heck, there's always next year! :wink:
  13. PREDICTION - DLee makes 'em pay this time!!!
  14. Last night I went to the can in the second... Got out and it was already the 5th. Course my lunch selection probably had mor eto do with that! :oops:
  15. He had one right in his wheel house. It's good to take pitches, but it's not good to take strikes. Bull plop. When someone is as wild as Leiter, you take a strike. Agree 100%. He walked to batters in row, forcing in a run. then gives up a two run single. Make him work!!
  16. Pathetic attempt. He doesn't look comfy doing that.
  17. Hey, I just noticed on that last foul ball by JHJ that there's nobody in the stands down the left field line. Is that section closed? Construction? Painting?
  18. I agree And struck out to open the game, just like JHJ!
  19. Maddux 14 away from #3,000. Should happen in about 3 starts!!!
  20. I think the fair answer is that Burnitz has been an everday player his entire career so he's used to facing lefties. Also, I think the word coming from the GM is that Murton will get the bulk of the playing time (or at least a chance to prove himself or trade value) so, as Dusty said, if Holla didnt get a start today he may not get one for well over a week. Doesn't Burnie have pretty good numbers in his career against lefties, or at least recently against lefties?
  21. 6,000 showed up for the game? What promotion was going on - hat night, bobble head dolls? That seems awfully high for a Marlins home game.
  22. My, but we're impatient tonight. What happened to your hot date, anyway ?? :wink: When the wife found out, it all went to the crapper!
×
×
  • Create New...