Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Guy who yelled at reporters when he got to NY vs. guy who tried to kill camera man?
  2. Should be posted on BA's site in a few hours. According to the Cub reporter, Sean Gallagher came in at #12 and Eric Patterson at #17.
  3. Bill Richardson, not Mark.
  4. Beware. People are going to argue that those inexperienced players flourished all by themselvles and the influence of Girardi had no effect whatsoever on fostering their development. Where did anyone say that? People did say that he didn't manage the team to a winning record and that, while the roster was full of young players worth $15 million, they were still very talented - much more so than most rebuilding teams. Some posters also feel that Girardi might be favored to other candidates because of his past ties to the Cubs.
  5. Haven't bullpen arms been "his guys"? Didn't he specifically target Remlinger, Hawkins, Eyre, and Howry and then get them? Eyre and Howry were the exceptions. I don't recall him wrapping up Remlinger or Hawkins that quickly, those happened a little later in the offseason. I'd like to see him just once target a big name FA, say "that's my guy," and go out and bowl him over. He's always lukewarm on his interest on anyone (other than Dusty 4 years ago), and tries wait for the bidding to develop as if he thinks he can get someone cheap when there's no interest from someone else (with the good players, that is, he has no problem bowling over the Glendon's and Neifi's of the world). Erye was on November 29th Howry was on December 2nd Hawkins was on December 3rd Remlinger was on December 4th Heck, Hendry didn't even wait for the arbitration deadline to pass to sign Hawkins.
  6. What an awful commercial. Brett Tomko is not good.
  7. Ok Thom, why are you questioning the Dodgers keeping Kuo in the game in the 5th inning?
  8. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=4122 Since I don't trust Treeman, I looked up Glavine's stats this year and in 1999 and I came to his ESPN page. Why doesn't ESPN have a pic for Glavine?
  9. Thom, learn how to spell your name and quit calling flyballs like Chip Carey.
  10. Dodgers seem to think they're facing 1999 Glavine. glavine had a lower era and a better k/bb this year than he did in 1999 im shocked too, i only looked it up because i wanted to see how good 1999 pedro/glavine/wagner would be Wow.
  11. Dodgers seem to think they're facing 1999 Glavine.
  12. Swinging on a 3-0 pitch with 2 on and 2 outs? Boo.
  13. Too many pitches by Kuo, but he's looked good. :)
  14. My feeling is that they're trying to talk themselves into Girardi because he seems to be the overwhelming "people's choice." They have concerns about what went on in Florida. At this point, I think they like Piniella best, can be talked into Girardi and would like Brenly if the other options failed. What I don't understand is why the Cubs have to take so long when they knew Baker wasn't coming back since September at the latest, I mean really, what the heck has Hendry been doing all this time? In fairness, they had to wait to see how the Girardi thing played out. It's one thing for the Marlins to seek permission to talk to a team's third base coach, quite another for the Cubs to ask to talk with another team's manager while that team was still playing. On top of that, they need to ask some questions on both sides on what exactly happened down there. The Giants will take their time hiring a manager, too. As long as you get it done by the organizational meetings in November and don't lose out on your man, there's no real reason to rush. If this is your last chance to get it right, you better well take your time and get it right. Is there any concerns about losing out on coaches (such as Kranitz staying with the Marlins)?
  15. Good interview. I agree with Serena, you have a good broadcasting voice.
  16. I've thought of the 2001 comparisons in that way too (Price = Prior, Wieters = Texiera). Never thought of Stock = Mauer, that's interesting (though I think in 2010, Stock will be a top-5 pick as a pitcher out of USC). That's awesome. :D
  17. I agree, I was just quoting your quote of him so I wouldn't have to go back a page. Gotcha. So we're on the same page. :D Boo.
  18. I'm guessing that means there are 3 unique streaks longer than theirs, not just 3 teams with longer streaks. Cause if it's the latter, well I just have no faith in statistics anymore. Why would that be? There are only 11 teams left that are undefeated this season. It is not unlikely that only 4 of them finished last season winning their last few games as well to have a longer current winning streak. I think the streak that TCU had broken last week was only 13 games or something, so I'd tend to think that could be right. Yeah, I remember after TCU lost I checked to see who had the longest and in calculating was surprised how many teams had streaks broken by bowl games. FTR, OSU is first with 12 in a row, then WVU with 11, and Florida with 7. Doesn't Texas have a longer winning streak than OSU? Texas lost to OSU on September 9th. So, doubtful. Wow, a complete brain fart.
  19. I'm guessing that means there are 3 unique streaks longer than theirs, not just 3 teams with longer streaks. Cause if it's the latter, well I just have no faith in statistics anymore. Why would that be? There are only 11 teams left that are undefeated this season. It is not unlikely that only 4 of them finished last season winning their last few games as well to have a longer current winning streak. I think the streak that TCU had broken last week was only 13 games or something, so I'd tend to think that could be right. Yeah, I remember after TCU lost I checked to see who had the longest and in calculating was surprised how many teams had streaks broken by bowl games. FTR, OSU is first with 12 in a row, then WVU with 11, and Florida with 7. Doesn't Texas have a longer winning streak than OSU?
  20. But wouldn't an overhaul of the minor leauge system lead to those young players that Minnesota has? And wouldn't a team with young studs cost a lot less than 100M worth of mediocrity? Wouldn't a team of young studs that were contenders draw in more money than 100M team that goes 66-96? And frankly, any decision to overhaul the minor league system should come from the GM or head of minor league development. And taking such a decision out of Hendry or Fleita's hands would be undermining them.
×
×
  • Create New...