Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Hey, I have an idea. Give Pujols the Bonds treatment.
  2. Can you give more details on Mills? I know he used to be the Cubs advanced scout. I'm guessing he has similar opinions as Francona since they seem to go everywhere together.
  3. Supposedly he's had some good games on the road but had some stinkers at Busch. It's tough to pitch poorly at Petco, especially with the weather we're having. (Makes Pujols' HR in Game 1 more impressive.)
  4. There was some discussion about that in the game thread. I'd love it, keep struggling your way to the Cubs, Alex!
  5. Ok.....I wouldn't have a problem with him being the "hustle coach", but he really should not be instructing anyone on topics such as strike zone judgment/plate discipling, swinging a bat, fielding, or baserunning. Exactly. The only good thing is you say he's a hard worker and apparently most of the previous coaching staff wasn't. But he has to teach/work on the right things as a hard worker, and given what Shawon did during his playing days, I don't know if that's likely. (And Shawon was my favorite baseball player when I was about, say 8.)
  6. Yeah, if Girardi comes, Kranitz better come along. Have no problem with Orel as a pitching coach (but I don't want him to manage - I know UK likes him as a manager, I don't).
  7. Ron Jackson for hitting coach, he was let go by the Red Sox. That way, you can keep Von at the minor league levels, working with guys you might still be able to instill a new hitting approach with.
  8. and who his favorite poster is? I bet it's the poster "Bruce Miles."
  9. Yeah it was on right before I posted it. Can't remember which halfinning Ok, I went back and saw it. Meh. Great job on the run down, Padres.
  10. Aardsma also said he hoped Rothschild would come back.
  11. Dang, didn't see that one. Was it just a few minutes ago? I'll go rewind and watch it, then. I saw his for the Cleveland Indians, where the fans were hiding in the kitchen.
  12. Dodgers better win, I have tix to Game 4 and it better be needed.
  13. Apparently Radke's arm is dead or something, that's the way the ESPN announcers put it. Danny Haren's from the San Gabriel Valley - so I always pulled for him once he left the Cards. D'Angelo Jiminez in, Mark Ellis done for the playoffs.
  14. Jon Miller has been over-excitable during the parts of the game I listened to.
  15. We could get Vernon to set the lineup, apparently he understands the importance of OBP.
  16. KC linked to the Cub Reporter coverage of this. There's also a good discussion going on there on the Cubs prospects across the leagues. There is often a good discussion on prospects when Arizona Phil is there, always a good read.
  17. One thing's for sure: given his size, you can bet Brackman is the Cubs' first choice. I'd rather have Price though, if for no other reason that he's likely closer to the big leagues. I also prefer Price for his better control (though that goes somewhat hand-in-hand with being closer to the big leagues), his lefthandedness and the assumption that the Cubs might struggle more in developing a less advanced, very tall pitcher. But I think I've gone over to the Wieters or bust side.
  18. Nah, he's posting that because the last time a low pressure system swung by NorCal, I told him the resorts wouldn't get a thing. Sadly, it'll be too dry for us to get any moisture from this sucker. :(
  19. Tigers are pissed that they weren't told in time to stop Verlander from warming up, while Mussina never surfaced on the field.
×
×
  • Create New...