Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. I'm inclined to think two of Jae-Kuk Ryu, Carlos Marmol, Angel Guzman, Sean Marshall and Juan Mateo are going to be traded. One will make the Cubs rotation or pen. That leaves two in the Iowa rotation, along with Randy Wells, Chris Shaver (I think he gets the nod ahead of Mathes since he has better stuff) and Adam Harben. Will O'Malley be back at the start of the season? I'm assuming Walrond is gone. I guess that leaves Gallagher at AA (I'd like that). I think Holliman eventually finds himself in the pen, but not yet. If that's how it plays out, then I'd like to see Grant Johnson starting at Daytona. And we're both ignoring the inevitable injuries.
  2. Verlander was a top-5 first round pick, but they cleaned up his mechanics (he had problems with his follow-through). Bonderman was a first round pick of the A's who came over in the Jeff Weaver three-way trade. Anyone else sense the dislike of moneyball just oozing from Piniella's voice?
  3. The young guys do that a lot. I know a bunch of Dodgers share apartments over a bar in Old Town Pasadena. Awful AB after getting ahead 2-0 by Swisher. Three ugly swings.
  4. Nice swing by Payton. The A's better score 2 this inning.
  5. He is, but he'll be back next year. I'm guessing the Cubs used an AFL invite as incentive for him to re-sign (they did this with Brandon Sing last year).
  6. Well, Harben was scheduled to go when he was still a Twin and the Cubs couldn't send 8 players. The Cubs decided to send Harben to the AFL and send Grant Johnson to instructs instead (probably a better place for him).
  7. Ok, Mr. Obvious. :) Kotsay/Payton are right in the audio clip. Detroit has had a great approach at the plate.
  8. Milton Bradley felt bad that Mark Kotsay's attempt was unsuccessful, so he gave Carlos Guillen an easier chance.
  9. Phew, only down 2-0. That could have been much worse (and could have been much, much better).
  10. Zito can smell the money from his upcoming payday, so I think the Tigers won't be scoring. I'm sure he'd toss up a 0.00 ERA if all it took was putting his mind to it. No more of that crap, Barry.
  11. http://www.iamhawaii.com/ You can listen to Hawaiian Winter League games here (though you have to register). I'm pretty sure Scott Koerber will be pitching tonight. Of course, with the time difference, today's 7 pm game in Honolulu will be 12 am CT.
  12. XX! http://www.northsidebaseball.com/PremiumForum/images/smiles/eusa_whistle.gif I was reading a Padres forum and saw a post about Towers coming on right before he did and was able to google it. Ahh - (I guess the former) Mighty 1090. thanks. I recognized one of the radio guys (Bill Werndl - the guy with the annoying voice). He used to work on an LA/San Diego sports radio station a few years back.
  13. Thanks, Serena. What radio station is that?
  14. I'll take a stab at their starters: C Jake Fox/Chris Robinson 1B Brian Dopirak 2B Nate Spears SS Joe Simokaitis 3B Matt Craig/Jemel Spearman RF Ryan Harvey CF Sam Fuld LF Jeff Culpepper LHP Donnie Veal RHP Mark Holliman RHP Justin Berg RHP Grant Johnson ?? Relievers: LHP Ed Campusano RHP Michael Phelps
  15. C Jake Fox and Chris Robinson 1B Brian Dopirak RF Ryan Harvey CF Sam Fuld LHP Donnie Veal Maybe RHP Adam Harben or RHP Sean Gallagher, but I think those two will start the year with Iowa. Guys like Mitch Atkins and Billy Petrick might end up there later in the year from Daytona.
  16. Discussion on Bochy in Transactions. (Premium Link)
  17. Bruce, I've read your intereview at BCB in which you mentioned the Cubs were beginning to pay more attention to sabermetrics and couldn't ignore this year's horrendous stats (runs scored, OBP, SLG). You felt it would be a gradual process to blend the statistical side with the Cubs' scouting. Could you expand on that process and how you think the Cubs plan on becoming more sabermetrically-inclined?
  18. I just saw that. :shock: He was in the upper 80s earlier in the year, up to the low 90s and his curve is coming back. Interesting. I don't think much will come of it, but it looks like he finally got a clue.
  19. I don't think he'll get much time there with Chin Lung Hu, Matt Moses and Matt Tolbert already listed as SS on the roster. Mesa loses 3-0: box 2B E. Patterson 0/3, E (1, throw) DH S. Moore 0/4, K SP A. Harben 2 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 3 K/0 BB, HR, 2 GO-1 FO, 33 pitches (20 strikes) RP C. Pignatiello 1 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 K/1 BB, WP, 1 GO-1 FO, 18 pitches (9 strikes) That's Harben's first outing since being traded to the Cubs.
×
×
  • Create New...