Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. UCLA wins 85-75 (it was a bigger lead until the walk-ons blew it against Cal's walk-ons). Mata went 8/9 in FTs :shock: (again, shooting 31% on the season). Shipp had a huge game again (22 points), it looks like he and Mbah a Moute are completely healthy at the right time. Up next, Stanford at Pauley (revenge!) and then the showdown against Wazzou in Pullman, Washington. ETA: Oregon beats WSU so UCLA now has a 2-game lead on WSU with 3 games left in the conference.
  2. Calvin and Hobbes? Yes. Awesome. Definitely is.
  3. Washington loses to Oregon Freaking State. Stick a fork in them. I know the guard play has been bad (especially Dentmon and Oliver), but this has been a dissapointing season for U-Dub.
  4. UCLA up 35-34 at the half against Cal. Lorenzo Mata (31% FT shooter) is 6 for his last 6! Amusing exchange between the announcers: Roberts: He's [some Cal player] not going to give you much on offense but he's a great guy to have on your team. MacLean: Is that like saying a girl has a great personality?
  5. DirecTV channel 609 Nice, I didn't know I got ESPNU. you must be paying for it because I don't get it Nah, we don't pay for it (huzzah for my mom for getting the sports and movie package for free thanks to her work). :D
  6. Depends on why he had the bad spring (injury, couldn't locate his offspeed because it's AZ or what). I think he deserves quite some leeway after his second half last season.
  7. Looks like he might play both SS and 3B at Salt Lake City this season. He's gonna end up at third base at the big leagues, imo.
  8. DirecTV channel 609 Nice, I didn't know I got ESPNU.
  9. Prior's gonna havta beat DLee for CPOY.
  10. Nice win, Ben Wallace had a huge game. Gotta agree with Mark_R. I really would like to see TT get some time in the game, I thought he had gotten into Skiles' good graces at the end of the first half but I guess not. Thabo at least got a few minutes, but come on. Flames, it looked like Hughes was trying to foul at the start of the possession itself. He needs to know that he needs to do more to commit it in that situation. That's Larry's fault.
  11. Yeah. Skiles' substitution patterns are awful. At least the Bulls are back ahead.
  12. Awful third quarter and some major foul problems going around right now.
  13. http://mvn.com/mlb-cubs/2007/02/22/no-this-is-heaven/ Nice! :) Also from AZ Phil:
  14. Basically you'd want any and every GM fired. ETA: And you apparently have already decided TT is a wasted pick. Tyrus Thomas is Stromile Smith part II. There are plenty who think the same. Why not let the kid prove whether he's a bust or not, rather than labeling him based on half a season with limited playing time and some scouting reports? I watched him plenty in the college as well, he can jump out of the gym, but what low post moves does he have? His offensive game is as raw as it comes. So even if he does become a decent player down the road, it was still a bad pick because this team is built to win now. I'm a UCLA alum, I saw the Final 4 game where UCLA completely locked down Tyrus and LSU (probably the worst he looked last season) - and I watched plenty of other LSU games. I saw a midrange jumper and a few offensive moves, not bad for someone as raw as TT. I also saw someone with an incredible ceiling at a position the Bulls were weak at. Yes, if he's a decent player, it's not a great pick. Of course, his ceiling is much higher and it's plenty possible he'll be more than a decent player. If
  15. For the lazy (from NCCF's link): http://farm1.static.flickr.com/141/398007200_1b8e341785.jpg http://farm1.static.flickr.com/157/398007186_0b139b8ba4.jpg http://farm1.static.flickr.com/166/398007192_92d3df64be.jpg http://farm1.static.flickr.com/137/398007193_57782b36f1.jpg http://farm1.static.flickr.com/153/397982171_fa7e3af0f2.jpg
  16. Basically you'd want any and every GM fired. ETA: And you apparently have already decided TT is a wasted pick. Tyrus Thomas is Stromile Smith part II. There are plenty who think the same. Why not let the kid prove whether he's a bust or not, rather than labeling him based on half a season with limited playing time and some scouting reports?
  17. Basically you'd want any and every GM fired. ETA: And you apparently have already decided TT is a wasted pick.
  18. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070222/capt.azer11302222202.giants_spring_baseball_azer113.jpg Tim Lincecum
  19. How do you figure that? If he isn't convinced a new guy could make them a contender, he's obviously not convinced they are currently a contender. But to acquire the new guy, he'd give up two parts of the current team. Paxson is saying Gasol minus two parts of the current team will not be anymore of a contender. I could easily see them getting to the NBA Finals, the East isn't all that great.
  20. Agreed on the Turner-Grossman part, but a new QB coach could really benefit Rex.
  21. Also, Wade Wilson played for and coached the Cowboys in the past.
  22. Gah. Haven't seen it anywhere, where did you hear/read it? Just heard it on the Score. No link that I know of. Ok, thanks. Thoughts on potential replacements? This is a big offseason for Rex and he obviously could use a good QB coach.
  23. Gah. Haven't seen the official word anywhere, where did you hear/read it? ETA: Sounds like Hardy Nickerson will be the new LB coach and Mississippi State's Brick Haley will be the new DL coach.
  24. You made the point that had immediatley popped into my head earlier in the thread. CERA's are only potentially interesting if the catchers are catching the same pitchers. I wholeheartedly agree.
  25. So you're saying the Bulls acquired Nomar?
×
×
  • Create New...