Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. I would take him off now or you will lose him. Ok, done. I can't believe how fast Lester is back to pitching.
  2. I didn't even bother posting it. I saw old guy bunting in a Cards uni and had to post it.
  3. this picture is such an accurate metaphor for the usefulness of small-ball since the end of the dead-ball era. The Cardinals fan husband tells me that this is George Kissel, who a quick search reveals is 96 years old and has been with the Cards as a minor league coach and hitting instructor for 66 years. Evidently Branch Rickey brought him on board and he's been around ever since. Kind of like the coaching version of Yosh. :) The caption reads:
  4. And the young guys who were at Mesa and the Dominican last year (hey, I'm optimistic).
  5. I put Jon Lester on the IR for now, but it's beginning to sound like he's doing real well and will start in the minors. I guess I'll have to take him off real soon. :?
  6. They're going to post it on their website sometime this coming week. In Ask BA last week, Jim Callis noted that Tyler Colvin and Sean Gallagher were close to making the list. Obviously Felix Pie and Donnie Veal made the list, Jeff Samardzija probably made it too.
  7. 98navigator, I don't know when you started posting but you're pretty active and I haven't noticed you before the past week or so. Just wanted to say welcome to the board and thanks for the links. I tend to be lazy looking for them.
  8. Maybe KU can slip into a 1 seed. Wiscy has lost twice this week. UNC loses again... As long as we're in Sacramento/San Jose, I don't care what the other 1-seeds are. :) I gotta agree, Texas A&M has to be ahead of KU right now. I really like them, they remind me of a Howland-coached UCLA team.
  9. IIRC, isn't that the stance they pretty much took all of last year? Yes.
  10. Yeah, I would have been interested in trading for Conor too.
  11. Rice Owls IP H R ER BB SO AB BF ----------------------------------------------- Joe Savery.......... 5.0 5 1 1 2 4 18 22 On the season: 15 IP, 4 GS, 2 ER, 11 H, 12 K/4 BB, 1.20 ERA, 1.00 WHIP
  12. Wow, UNC lost to Maryland.
  13. wow I'm sorry but you can't say "so and so is going to be healthy" one week and then say "we're going to hold so and so out of his regular starts" another week, and not expect to be questioned about it. I want to know why if so and so was healthy last week they need to miss starts this week. If it's precautionary, what are they worried about the guy reinjuring. If he is in danger of reinjury, why is he not rehabbing still and why aren't we being told that instead of "he'll be ready". The way this organization handles these things is a pet peeve of mine. They either don't know what they're talking about when they make these announcements, they're not listening to their coaches as they should be, they're deliberately misleading the fans to boost ticket sales, or some combination of the above. My guess is that they say things like "Prior is ahead of schedule" when a reporter asks so they don't have to tell the truth, which is "we have no earthly idea when, if ever, Prior is going to pitch in another ballgame." They wouldn't be so optimistic early on ("ahead of schedule") if they didn't know what was up after they had been burned in previous years. Last year they were way more cautious about the optimistic news on Prior and Wood.
  14. Jason Hill is a great WR. Had a down year but he's a good talent and that 40 time really helps.
  15. Good, he needed to bulk up. He was so thin last season.
  16. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070225/capt.fljf11402252227.cardinals_spring_baseball_fljf114.jpg Umm
  17. yeah, how dare Skiles allow them to score 12 unanswered! He should have told his team to, um, not do that! HUH? He should have, you know, not played Adrian Griffin in a key situation.
  18. i agree. he need a full year starting in iowa imo. he has never had a full season pitching in the minors so it is not reasonable to think he could make 30+ starts in the ML. Why does he need more minor league time when he's major league ready and better than a few of the potential starters already? Not the best of news on Gallagher. Not too surprising since it's his first major league invite. because last year was the 1st time he broke 100 ip and even then he only had around 120. to expect 200 quality ip after being injured his whole career is not reasonable. having better stuff doesnt mean he's a better pitcher btw. maybe he should get his 1st ML win before he is compared to pitchers who have actually had success in the majors. Come again? Angel had 156 IP in 2002 and 131.2 IP last season. I don't expect 200 quality IP, if he's one of the five best starters amongst the big leaguers (and I think he is), he should be starting with the big league team. They'll be real careful with him if he's at Des Moines or Wrigley, if he's good enough to pitch in the bigs, I don't see why he shouldn't pitch there. It's not like they won't be monitoring Angel carefully if he's in the big leagues. I know not having better stuff doesn't make a better pitcher. But his plus command returned in Venezuela - which was severely lacking last season - to go with his stuff. Your last comment about major league wins is baffling - I take it a rookie should never make a team's starting rotation because players have had more success in the past (even if the veteran player isn't as good these days)?
  19. How's he going to perfect it otherwise?
  20. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070225/capt.azmg20502252030.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg205.jpg http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070225/capt.azmg20702252030.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg207.jpg Lou and Alan Trammell http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070225/capt.azmg20802252032.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg208.jpg Derrek Lee
  21. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070225/capt.azmg20102252018.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg201.jpg Soto, Ward, Pie http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070225/capt.azmg20402252022.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg204.jpg Jacque and Hank White http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070225/capt.azmg20302252023.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg203.jpg Soriano http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070225/capt.azmg20202252024.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg202.jpg Soriano http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070225/capt.azmg20602252027.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg206.jpg Ronny and DeRosa
  22. http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070225/capt.azmg21002252036.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg210.jpg Aramis http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070225/capt.azmg20902252036.cubs_spring_baseball_azmg209.jpg L to R: Soriano, Pie, coach Mike Quade, Jacque Jones, Murton
  23. Or Lou and Larry have a Bill Parcells-TO relationship. :P
  24. i agree. he need a full year starting in iowa imo. he has never had a full season pitching in the minors so it is not reasonable to think he could make 30+ starts in the ML. Why does he need more minor league time when he's major league ready and better than a few of the potential starters already? Not the best of news on Gallagher. Not too surprising since it's his first major league invite.
  25. Man, what a freak.
×
×
  • Create New...