Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Samardzija's myspace profile said otherwise when he was drafted. Amongst other things that tipped us off that he's a Sox fan.
  2. Veal: AA Tennessee Pawelek: A- Peoria Gallagher: AA Tennessee Samardzija: A+ Daytona Mateo: AAA Iowa
  3. Overall: 17.1 IP, 3 GS, 1 ER, 12 H, 18 K/4 BB, 0.52 ERA, 0.92 WHIP
  4. Billups took a shot and missed. Webber pushed PJ Brown away and put it back in (it should have been a foul, but PJ should consider boxing out at least when the game is on the line). Ben Gordon got a great look at the corner to win it and missed.
  5. Dammit, that was a good look too.
  6. Shoulda been a foul on Webber but PJ shouldn't have even be in that situation. Great defensive rebounding, guys. :roll:
  7. Thank goodness Duhon didn't get a touch on that possession.
  8. Ugh. They're getting like 2045043587 bajillion second chances.
  9. That certainly was the word on the street.
  10. Gooz Gooz Gooz!
  11. Guess Greg won't be around for the Bears.
  12. UCLA wins 75-61. Arron Afflalo with 20 pts and quite a few standing ovations and cheers asking for him to return for his senior year. UCLA clinches at least a tie for the Pac-10 regular season title. First undefeated record at home since 1974-75.
  13. Screw Stanford. Fouling with 3 minutes left? Geez.
  14. Gosh, that 4-point play by Arron was so beautiful. UCLA up 36-33 at the half on Stanford in probably Arron Afflalo's last game at Pauley.
  15. Corey: http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070224/capt.flrb20802241900.orioles_spring_baseball_flrb208.jpg
  16. More Sammy from today: http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070224/capt.azow10602241930.rangers_spring_baseball_azow106.jpg http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070224/capt.azow10502241930.rangers_spring_baseball_azow105.jpg Yesterday: http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070223/capt.azth11002232244.rangers_sosa_baseball_azth110.jpg http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070223/capt.azth10602232040.rangers_sosa_arrives_baseball_azth106.jpg Aww, Sammy and Kenny getting along http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070223/capt.azth10502232039.rangers_sosa_arrives_baseball_azth105.jpg http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070223/capt.azth10302232038.rangers_sosa_arrives_baseball_azth103.jpg http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070223/capt.azth10402232038.rangers_sosa_arrives_baseball_azth104.jpg With Rangers coach Don Wakamatsu
  17. Yeah, I agree. I especially like discussion on pitching mechanics since I know much less about them than hitting.
  18. Who cares about Simmons? Sports media sucks.
  19. When were you in high school? When I was in high school, bleacher tickets were $1.00 Don't ask !!! '[-X' The had high schools back then!?
  20. Damn, the Padres change from Mighty 1090 to 107.5 FM? I actually got 1090 up here in LA. :(
  21. Was he healthy all season last year? Yeah. He has progressed from 19 starts/111 innings to 24 starts/142 innings to 30 starts/169.1 innings in the three years in the organization. Last year he seemed to lose some velocity towards the end. I'm not sure how much can be attributed to fatigue and how much can be attributed to his increased use of a two-seam fastball. I think both, but fatigue had the largest part of it, especially considering his velocity and life during the Game 1 Series performance after having only pitched 4 innings in the previous 2 weeks. Well, that can only be good for you guys. Seems like the worst of it was when he was at USC.
  22. Heh, I have chicken legs too (cross country :oops:) but I loved high socks too much.
  23. Was he healthy all season last year?
  24. I do recall him wearing his socks up high. http://homepage.mac.com/djjord/iblog/C170816066/E20060316102617/Media/10131655.jpg That's how he rolls! And yes, kudos to Prior, Soriano and Dempster for doing it the right way. We don't need the Maddux stirrups...eww.
  25. It's nice to see Ben's fro back in full force. Those Wizard unis are hideous.
×
×
  • Create New...