Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. That said, it's still early in the season AND it's 38 degrees with a wind chill below freezing. Not optimal pitching conditions. Price last 2 batters into the 7th, giving up a 1-out double and getting yanked. 6.1 IP, 1 ER, 3 H, 12 K/0 BB, 1 HBP - the runner at second is his responsibility.
  2. Savery on the season: 10 IP, 3 GS, 1 ER, 6 H, 8 K/2 BB, 0.90 ERA, 0.80 WHIP, .188 BAA Brackman on the season: 10 IP, 2 GS, 1 ER, 6 H, 11 K/3 BB, 0.90 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, .171 BAA Wieters on the season: 6/25, .240/.355/.560/.915, 5 BB, 3 K, 2 HR, 2 2B ----------- Price up to 6 IP, 1 ER, 2 H, 12 K/0 BB, 1 HBP
  3. Not a day off, just no Cubs pics. Ozzie looks to be checking out some ass: http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070218/capt.azmg10302181934.white_sox_spring_baseball_azmg103.jpg The White Sox go to Arizona for spring training right? Or is it Florida? I can never remember. But either way, is the heavy jacket really necessary there Ozzie? Arizona, they're out in Tucson.
  4. Not a day off, just no Cubs pics. Ozzie looks to be checking out some ass: http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070218/capt.azmg10302181934.white_sox_spring_baseball_azmg103.jpg
  5. Yay, UCLA getting love as Kapono gets his trophy. :)
  6. Jason Kapono wins the three-point shooting contest. :D:D:D
  7. Yeah, I heard about that, but I don't know who did it. From what I can tell, it was a really bad situation. Some Vanderbilt student shoved Corey Brewer from behind. Good of Brewer to not retaliate. I didn't see the game so I don't know what happened. However, the local sports coverage had been talking about a lot of trash talking taking place between the two teams. In fact, the media seemed to be fueling it with a bunch of interviews with players on both teams talking trash. I believe Vandy is unbeaten in their building against #1 ranked teams. Joakim Noah and Vandy's coach were ready to throw down earlier - it was a very strange situation. Vandy is 6-6 against #1 all time. all i saw was the coach not giving him the ball. was there more to it than that? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks6LKwhkZNQ that noah guy seems like a real ass. Yeah, that's the one. And yeah, Joakim doesn't seem like the nicest guy around.
  8. Stanford up on Oregon 40-34 at the half in Northern California.
  9. By the way, did you all see Reggie Bush get hurt yesterday in a celebrity all-star game thingy? I bet the Saints are real pleased.
  10. 1 - I think they were mostly kidding around about that...although I wouldn't be too surprised to see him cut it anyway after hearing his own comments. 2 - I'm pretty sure that was from the first day of workouts. ;) Apparently he has already cut his hair.
  11. Yeah, I heard about that, but I don't know who did it. From what I can tell, it was a really bad situation. Some Vanderbilt student shoved Corey Brewer from behind. Good of Brewer to not retaliate. I didn't see the game so I don't know what happened. However, the local sports coverage had been talking about a lot of trash talking taking place between the two teams. In fact, the media seemed to be fueling it with a bunch of interviews with players on both teams talking trash. I believe Vandy is unbeaten in their building against #1 ranked teams. Joakim Noah and Vandy's coach were ready to throw down earlier - it was a very strange situation. Vandy is 6-6 against #1 all time.
  12. Not too shabby. Just wondering, is there any site in particular you use to see their statlines? I check out the cstv sites. Vanderbilt's doubleheader was rained out today, they'll try to play two tomorrow. Not sure if Price will start one of those.
  13. Jimbo and Kerry must have been on the same diet. (The Z celery and cottage cheese diet?)
  14. + Gooz Does Guzman really even have that potential anymore after all the injuries and whatnot? He did show some good stuff at times last year but overall I've kinda been considering him an afterthough in the Cubs rotational plans. Reports are that he got his command and his curveball back over the winter. Fleita likes what he's been seeing. And his change should have improved too, you could tell he was rusty and feeling his way back last season. That K/BB ratio in Venezuela was sexy.
  15. Yeah, I heard about that, but I don't know who did it. From what I can tell, it was a really bad situation. Some Vanderbilt student shoved Corey Brewer from behind. Good of Brewer to not retaliate.
  16. So he was only out two days? Impressive. I thought he had actually been out since the incident on Monday night, which would have made it 4-5 days. Meh, I was judging based on the day the thread was created.
  17. + Gooz
  18. By the way, I agree with Laura. The only similarities I see are that Slowey and Gallagher don't throw as hard as most prospects rated similarly and have above average control. Slowey's fastball is better (but Gallagher has the advantage in velocity) and Gallagher's offspeed pitches are way better. Gallagher has a wider aresnal of pitches. And I think Gallagher's control will rebound after he struggled with it at AA last season. I think Sean will be a better big leaguer.
  19. So he was only out two days? Impressive.
  20. Woot!
  21. best case scenario, briggs signs a huge deal with another team, we pick posluszny and get the picks. i love briggs and think he should be re-signed, but a chance to replace him with a talent like pos while getting a couple first rounders would be pretty sweet. I don't see any way a team would be willing to part with two first rounders for Briggs (I know the Bears could agree to receive less, but I don't see that happening either).
  22. And Washington loses another winnable game by 4 to Pitt. Looks like it's only going to be 6 teams from the Pac-10 unless U-Dub does something improbable (their schedule: at Oregon St, at Oregon, vs. USC, vs. UCLA, Pac-10 Tourney).
  23. =; Only Hester gets to be ridiculous. Washington is right there against #5 Pitt in Pittsburgh, c'mon Huskies!
  24. Dunno about a bunch, definitely one divisional rival we know of that was considering taking him much earlier than where the Cubs got him.
×
×
  • Create New...