Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Why do you bother, TT? *Not talking about your most recent post.
  2. Oh, that'd have been so sweet if TT could have finished the dunk.
  3. Sweetpeteman and the Redskins are on the board.
  4. What about those comments make him soft? Did you hear him accepting responsibliity and saying that he has more work to do to get where he needs to be? No, he was trying to make a veiled point with his repeated use of the word "employee". What has he shown you in the past almost half decade to make you think that he has an ounce of mental toughness? How about actually going back on the mound after getting a 100MPH screaming line drive STRAIGHT to his right elbow. Seriously some people go waaay overboard with this "prior mental toughness" stuff. . Or getting rocked on the basepath. Or pitching a huge amount his first full year. Nooooooooooo, "Prior's soft." And getting right back on the mound after that collision.
  5. Games: Tennessee beats Walter State 3-1: DH Jake Fox 2/4, 2B, 2 RBI Daytona ties Embry-Riddle 2-2: RF Chris Amador 2/3, R, 2B PH James Adduci 0/1, K 2B-DH Nate Spears 2/3, BB, SB CF Tyler Colvin 1/3, BB 1B Ryan Norwood 0/0, 2 BB 1B Alan Rick 0/1, K, IBB LF Jesus Valdez 0/2, K, RBI PH Alberto Garcia 0/1 3B Kyle Reynolds 0/3, K DH-2B Robinson Chirinos 0/2, BB C Mark Reed 1/1, R, 2B, BB C Jake Muyco 0/1 SS Matt Matulia 2/3, 2B, K, RBI SP Scott Taylor 2 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 K, 0 BB RP Todd Blackford 1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 K, 0 BB RP Billy Petrick 1 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 K, 0 BB RP Grant Johnson 1 IP, 2 ER, 3 H, 1 K, 0 BB RP Jerry Blevins: 1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 K, 0 BB RP Matt Avery 1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 K, 0 BB Errors: Robinson Chirinos (fielding), Jerry Blevins (throwing) GIDP: Nate Spears, Jesus Valdez, Jake Muyco
  6. Probable Starters: Iowa: LHP JR Mathes (West Tenn: 10-8, 3.27 ERA, 159.2 IP) @ RHP Fernando Nieve Tennessee: RHP Sean Gallagher (Daytona & West Tenn: 11-5, 2.51 ERA, 164.2 IP) Daytona: RHP Mitch Atkins (Peoria: 13-4, 2.41 ERA, 138.1 IP) Peoria: RHP Billy Muldowney (Boise: 1-3, 2.68 ERA, 43.2 IP) Mathes: 159.2 IP, 144 K/31 BB, 1.23 WHIP Gallagher: 164.2 IP, 171 K/76 BB, 1.37 WHIP, .249 BAA Atkins: 138.1 IP, 127 K/53 BB, .217 BAA Muldowney: 43.2 IP, 42 K/11 BB, 1.24 WHIP, .265 BAA All stats are from the 2006 season.
  7. I'm thinking your list might be more accurate, as the one Cubs.com provides doesn't include the years of 1946-51, which according to your source, are as follows, Catalina Island, CA-1951-1952(?) Los Angeles, CA-1948-1949 Catalina Island, CA-1946-1947 It seems that the Cubs moved from Catalina Island to Mesa sometime between 1951 and 1952, though your source isn't clear as to when this move took place. We should try to get to the bottom of this and then just edit the first post for a comprehensive NSBB list. I think you might have misread - 1951 was the last spring they were at Catalina and they moved to Mesa for the 1952 spring. That's what I gathered from that list. My list, broken down chronologically:
  8. I posted a very similar list in the game thread a few minutes ago (sans Selma, Alabama - that wasn't on my list and I didn't know about that). My list seems to disagree with you on a few, but I'd guess that the Cubs' own site would know what's up. I wish they'd come back to Pasadena...it'd be so awesome to have to only drive 5 minutes to go to spring training. Oh, and spring training in Champaign or in Indiana has to suck.
  9. Some where in FL I think Scottsdale Stadium. I thought it was on Catalina Island near San Diego, CA Mesa, AZ: 1979 - present Scottsdale, AZ: 1967-1978 Long Beach, CA: 1966 Mesa, AZ: 1952-1965 Avalon, CA (Catalina Island - in Los Angeles County, off the coast of Long Beach): 1950-1951 Los Angeles. CA: 1948-1949 Avalon, CA: 1946-1947 French Lick, IN: 1943-1945 Avalon, CA: 1922-1942 Pasadena, CA: 1917-1921 - wish they'd do that again, it'd take me 5 mins to go to spring training Tampa, FL: 1913-1916 New Orleans, LA: 1911-1912 Hot Springs, AK: 1909-1910 Vicksburg, MS: 1908 New Orleans, LA: 1907 Champaign, IL: 1906 Santa Monica, CA: 1905 Los Angeles, CA: 1903-1904 Champaign, IL: 1901-1902
  10. IMB! and the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock.
  11. Neither Koyie or Jake Fox are on the 40-man, while Geovany Soto is. If the Cubs are going to have a backup catcher called up, it will be Soto.
  12. Aww, good ol' Sullivan. Didn't look too pissed in the video they showed just now.
  13. After trading McGahee, a RB will be pretty high up there so Peterson if he falls or Lynch would be decent picks. They also lost Spikes and Fletcher at LB, so Willis makes sense as well. If they're all gone, they could use a CB to help fill Clements' spot or a WR to help out Lee Evans. right. I looked over about a dozen mock drafts online and have a better idea of what to do now is someone updating the first post with the current picks? I think that's what the (place holder) in the 2nd post is for....but Vance is too busy with the hometown baseball poll right now. There ya go.
  14. Good and I hope he stays pissed! It's been awhile since we saw a pissed off Prior. I don't see why a pissed Prior would pitch better. Nothing wrong a pissed off player that has something to prove... Except when it hurts his production. Okay? Okay. Tell me, when was the last time you saw Prior pissed? The only time I remember was after the Bartman incident during Game 6. Being pissed doesn't necessarily mean Mark will pitch better. Him wanting to get back to the bigs can't hurt him? Would you rather him not give a crap? It doesn't matter either way. You're saying he doesn't give a crap if he's struggling and being hit a lot. I disagree.
  15. Good and I hope he stays pissed! It's been awhile since we saw a pissed off Prior. I don't see why a pissed Prior would pitch better. Nothing wrong a pissed off player that has something to prove... Except when it hurts his production. Okay? Okay. Tell me, when was the last time you saw Prior pissed? The only time I remember was after the Bartman incident during Game 6. Being pissed doesn't necessarily mean Mark will pitch better.
  16. Good and I hope he stays pissed! It's been awhile since we saw a pissed off Prior. I don't see why a pissed Prior would pitch better. Nothing wrong a pissed off player that has something to prove... Except when it hurts his production.
  17. Good and I hope he stays pissed! It's been awhile since we saw a pissed off Prior. I don't see why a pissed Prior would pitch better.
  18. Possibly. The Cubs didn't call up Soto or Reyes during Barrett's 10-game suspension. And Fox isn't an option.
  19. Beasley looked good at the McDonalds game. I liked Singler too - wish we could have gotten him. Can't wait for Kevin Love next season. :D
  20. Yeah, what use is McIntosh now for the Redskins?
  21. Good, get a third rounder if the Bears have to give up their first rounder.
  22. What I got from AZ Phil was that Alfonso Soriano's defense in CF is going to make us miss Juan Pierre. Yeesh. And Cliff Floyd's probably should be DHing in the AL. I doubt very seriously that I'll be missing Pierre's noodle arm, regardless of how Soriano does. There's nothing worse than a CF that can barely reach the infield with his throws, IMO. Hopefully Soriano will improve. I just don't like Pierre, and never will. Hated that move from the beginning. I can't stand Pierre and think he took some awful routes to the ball, but he's a better defender than Soriano.
  23. It pisses me off that we have to play crappy, cheap shotting Latin American countries all the time because it doesn't help the progression of the US team all that much when the opponent plays that way. No doubt.
×
×
  • Create New...