Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,651
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Now hold on a second, how does franchising him three times and Briggs not playing for us during this time help the Bears?
  2. Speaking of Mater Dei, I saw them a replay on TV of their D-II state title game against Archbishop Mitty and my god did they have some ridiculous height. I can't believe (after looking online) that Love had 36 points in that game. Love did it with a 102-degree fever. :) Mater Dei has the size (with the Wear twins), but they don't have much muscle up front.
  3. Not both, but definitely one. I'd rather have Landry than replace Briggs with Willis.
  4. I'd love to see Ronny starting over Cesar soon. I think Ronny will pleasantly surprise folks.
  5. He said he'd post when he got home.
  6. Dear Toupeeonfire; You may have noticed, but Stocksdale(sp?) is now with Baltimore, along with many ex-cub prospects) and Wilkens is now in charge of the draft. Signed Jim Stockstill.
  7. I saw some of those patented Kevin Love outlet passes when Lake Oswego played Santa Ana Mater Dei - my goodness, I can't wait to see him throwing those babies out to Collison, Shipp and Westbrook next season. Aldrich sounds very interesting.
  8. The McDonalds All-America game is tomorrow...one more chance to see Kevin Love before he hits campus in September. :)
  9. You might be confusing him with Andy Sisco (and JK Ryu!) from a few years ago.
  10. There won't be anymore DFEs because of the new uniform signing date.
  11. Nice, I should be done with work by then.
  12. Les was an NRI, he's no longer on the 40-man roster.
  13. Brad Hawpe owns Mark despite being 0 for 1 against him. :(
  14. Brownlie, Blasko, Hagerty and Clanton from the same first round, for that matter. :| I'd forgotten about Clanton. Nothing like having compensatory picks, then having them all get ruined by injuries. :( Justin Jones (round 2), Brian Dopirak (round 2) and Billy Petrick (round 3) also have had major injury problems. Thank goodness for Rich Hill (and I still have faith in Dope and especially Petrick).
  15. Yes, he's taken to the more patient approach that Lou and Perry are emphasizing.
  16. Hey, apparently the run-off is UNPRECEDENTED in this vote's 3-year history. Can we say unprecedented a few more times?
  17. desipio? but you wouldn't know anything about desipio, would you? Of course not.
  18. Actually, Lou is taking a nap with the sunglasses on.
  19. Congratulations, sir!
  20. Brownlie, Blasko, Hagerty and Clanton from the same first round, for that matter. :|
  21. Good to see Federico Baez get a quality inning in there. And Ronny's having a nice lil spring. By the way, to those who mentioned the Royals announcers were complaining about the Cubs' spending...why the heck aren't they complaining about their team dropping $55 million on Gil Freakin Meche?
  22. As Chocolate Milk said, something doesn't add up. And yes, I've been on the Landry bandwagon for a long time. On a completely different note, I wonder what it would take to get McIntosh in this trade too. The thought of Landry in our secondary makes my pants tight. I'm not afriad to say it. Note that Gaines Adams is also expected to be available there. But I still want: http://www.nationalchamps.net/2005/sub/pics/small/louisianastate_laron_landry_sm.jpg You want an XBOX360? Who wouldn't? If Angelo were smart, he'd ask for a Wii too just in case he prefers them.
  23. Hill: 4 IP, 3 ER, 6 H, 2 K, 0 BB, 1 HR. Three doubles and one HR...Rich must be hanging a few curves or not locating his FB in the zone too well.
×
×
  • Create New...