Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,648
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. Nice comeback by GMU. UConn really goes through spurts of not caring.
  2. Yay, Howland giving some love to Cedric Bozeman at the half. :)
  3. so if illinois had glen davis, you're telling me you would want bruce weber to tell davis to change his style of play? That would be ridiculous, but I wouldn't enjoy watching Illinois play nearly as much as I have. It's why I loathe the NBA. And comparing Glen Davis to Shaq is foolish. When you're 6'8 and fat in college you can get away with it cause college teams are undersized, when you're playing against elite big men who are 5 inches taller than you, you can neither push them around or shoot over them should you get positioning. Davis will be a huge bust. But Dee Brown will be rookie of the year, right? Cuz the NBA is a perfect setting for undersized, streaky shooting guards. What's wrong with what SSR said? This has nothing to do with the Illini. Glen Davis is listed at 6'9" (so he's probably closer to 6'8"). At his size, there's a good chance he'll struggle at the next level. He won't be the strongest guy around - like Shaq is - and he won't be taller than other centers. What SSR is talking about is exactly what happened to Robert Tractor Traylor. Sure, Davis is more athletic, but he's still at a major disadvantage when he goes to the NBA, and I don't want the Bulls to take that risk. I'd rather have Tyrus Thomas (did you know he has tremendous leaping ability?) or LaMarcus Aldridge (no matter how he played yesterday, he'd be a great compliment to Tyson down low).
  4. I wouldn't mind moving the 3-pt line back, though.
  5. I heard he was likely headed to Peoria, actually. Probably Peoria, that's who he was working out with. Was also working out with Peoria. I recall you mentioning that certain players were practicing with higher level guys during minor league ST than expected because of the lack of roster cutdowns due to the WBC. In other words, who they practiced with might not be totally indicative of where they start the season. :p True enough, but still something to note.
  6. The stadium isn't even DONE yet. Maybe the 15 National League pennants and 9 World Series banners will give it "character"? :wink: What would give it more "character"? A mound in center field? A train track above the outfield? Ivy on the wall? A roof? A roller coaster in the bleacher section? No thanks. It's a baseball stadium, in it's purest form........ and is expected to be as comfortable as any stadium in baseball. That's fine, by me. What will give it character is the bestest most knowledgable fans in sports. :pukel: Soon to be followed by gay comments, fat jokes, and trailer trash remarks....... So predictable....... At least this time you took out the "racist comments" part. So, once again, where are these gay comments??
  7. I heard he was likely headed to Peoria, actually. Probably Peoria, that's who he was working out with. Was also working out with Peoria.
  8. Wow, that was a bit of a surprise. I agree, I thought ASU was all but a done deal for him. Good to see Pitt can retain their coach for more than a couple of years this time, though. Hey now, the last one's dream job was to coach at UCLA.
  9. What about the leaping ability of Tyrus Thomas?
  10. i agree about that...the reffing was even more one sided in that game than it was in the UConn-Washington game. go George Mason. No, the Illinois game wasn't more one-sided than this one. haha, i love bitter fans Haha, no kidding. haha, i love bitter fans You wouldn't be bitter at having a game taken away from you? Oh yeah you root for one of the "1st tier" programs, you never have to worry about that. Oddly enough, U-Dub got screwed over by a first tier program.
  11. Man, my opinoin of Grace keeps sinking everytime he opens his trap.
  12. Ugh, what crap. :x I'm still livid!
  13. Quoted for truth. Just abysmal. The final stat sheet is incredible: Wash took 29 more FG's (made 33, UConn made 27) Conn had 4 OFF Reb Conn had 27 turnovers Wash had 18 steals If you saw those, how could anyone imagine it possible that UConn won the game 98-92 in OT ? If you gave someone those numbers, they'd be baffled and could only imagine that Wash got screwed by the officiating. But, with only 4 OFF Reb, can anyone say UConn was the aggressor ? Hell no. Not just screwed by the officiating, their whole starting lineup fouled out! EDIT: I see you already knew that.
  14. I called it that everyone on U-Dub would foul out.
  15. The refs effectively won this one for UConn.
  16. Holy crap. Everyone on U-Dub is going to foul out tonight.
  17. I'm hoping everyone of importance on both teams fouls out and this game comes down to the walk-ons.
  18. Yeah, Dixon is from LA and very close friends with Howland still. I'm glad - this makes the Pac-10 stronger.
×
×
  • Create New...