Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. 3:05 pm CT RHP Angel Guzman (0-1, 5.91 ERA, 10.2 IP, 12/7, 1.78 WHIP, .308 BAA) @ RHP Woody Williams (2-1, 3.06 ERA, 32.1 IP, 21/11, 1.18 WHIP, .221 BAA) TV: CSN Chicago; San Diego: Channel 4 Radio: WGN 720; San Diego: Mighty 1090 AM At game time, it will be cloudy and 65°F with 9 mph winds blowing from LF to RF.
  2. He's not ready. I'd rather see him work on his plate discipline, power and baserunning at AAA than come up with holes in his game and struggle.
  3. Do you have numbers for that? BP did a study that showed pretty conclusively that the only good times to sac bunt when playing for one run are 1) when there are no outs and a runner on second and 2) when the pitcher (or someone who hits just as poorly as a pitcher - Neifi Perez for example) is batting. does the bp "study" conclude a that runner usually scores from 1st on a single? What are you talking about?
  4. Watch. The Cubs will be blown out or blow out the Padres tomorrow and Dempster will be used in a meaningless game.
  5. I haven't heard a lot about Cubs coaching affecting any player's hitting. Jon posted this in yesterday's game thread, though: Rothschild lives! The sad thing is JC and a few others had recognized this a while ago.
  6. Jones' striking out is about as predictable as Pierre grounding out.
  7. USC USC USC USC, actually I hate USC. that's ok, you can hate them both. Boo!
  8. USC USC USC USC, actually I hate USC. You're a good man.
  9. So Dempster warmed up 4 times yesterday and wasn't used? And he's already warmed up once and not been used.
  10. By the way, I love the UCLA sweatshirt in the background! Represent!!
  11. i'm still going to give it time before I say that, but as of right now, it certainly looks like a terrible trade for us. I thought it was a terrible trade at the time of the trade.
  12. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I want Mitre, Nolasco and Pinto back.
  13. If the padres win it's another reason for me to hate CA. Don't hate. 8)
  14. That certainly was stupid, Eyre. At least he didn't turn and throw to first and get our first baseman injured again.
  15. And so the streak ends! Hopefully Aramis has woken up!
  16. Right now, it'll be Hill and Guzman, probably in that order, unless things change in their future starts. Sounds correct.
  17. At least we're getting shutout by Jake Peavy. It was so much more embarassing when it was Chan Ho Park.
  18. I demand a refund. I want Mitre, Nolasco and Pinto back. :evil:
  19. That was a pretty curve to strike out Piazza. :) Anyone notice Rich Hill was talking to Greg Maddux?
  20. The Jaxx got one more in the bottom of the 6th to make it 5-4. That's where we stand as we go to the bottom of the 7th.
  21. What's marine layer? Cool, moist marine air that comes onshore in coastal California (mostly in the spring and fall). It normally brings with it low clouds and fog and sometimes even drizzle/light rain. The cool air helps keeps flyballs that might otherwise be HRs stay in the ballpark. Learn something every day. Thank you. No problemo. I'm finally of use after nearly 26k posts. 8)
×
×
  • Create New...