Jump to content
North Side Baseball

CaliforniaRaisin

Community Moderator
  • Posts

    34,650
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by CaliforniaRaisin

  1. This is when I point out the Cubs should really look into a minor league team in California. The I-Cubs visiting the Central Valley once every 3 years is all I got. :(
  2. That's how I read it and I think it's absurd.
  3. It's based on how high the player was rated at the time of that draft.
  4. Will he be on the Hot List?
  5. Because he strikes out a lot and only hits meaningless HRs! Duh..
  6. I think the Cubs real problem as a lot of power but not a lot of OBP. They hit a lot of solo home runs and were very inconsistent. The Reds are a very good offensive ballclub, the Cubs were average. In the past, that was true. But this season, the Cubs lack power and OBP.
  7. I've been concerned with his relative lack of power in a hitter's league, moreso than his patience (which, of course, is a concern).
  8. Interesting note about the picks in this decade from Ask BA: Only 4 guys from this year's draft (including Hochevar)...definitely shows the weakness of this year's draft in comparison to other years (at least at the time of each draft).
  9. Can someone give those of us at work summaries, please? It'd be greatly appreciated.
  10. .261/.331/.420/.751, 60 SOs, 22 BBs, 12 doubles, 4 triples, 6 HRs, 4 SBs, 7 CSs. http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Felix%20Pie&pos=&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=429712
  11. Oof, that was close. Game ends in a scoreless tie.
  12. Their first album was in 1991! Is Sean really 31? ;) Thanks for the link, Serena. Interesting to read about the slider-curve situation.
  13. Looking back after the draft and a bit of this season has gone by, I wonder if the Cubs woul offer arbitration to any of these players. The only one I would is to Todd Walker, and Cubs management can't stand him and might not do it. It'd be great to see the Cubs get some extra picks in 2007 to make up the loss of 3 picks this year.
  14. He was promoted a few days back. Hopefully it is a permanent move, Iowa could use the bullpen help and Atlee has pitched well.
  15. Mark Prior's rehab goes to Metairie, Louisiana tonight. RHP Mark Prior (0-0) @ LHP Billy Traber (4-3, 4.50 ERA) You can listen to the game here. MiLB.com actually has Gameday for AAA games. Go here and click on the Gameday link for the second line score (which is the Iowa game).
  16. Probable Starters: Iowa: RHP Mark Prior (rehab) @ LHP Billy Traber (4-3, 4.50 ERA) - Game Thread (Premium) West Tenn: LHP JR Mathes (5-4, 3.75 ERA, 69.2 IP, 50/16, 1.28 WHIP) @ RHP Corey Thurman (2-5, 2.22 ERA) Daytona (game 1): RHP Mike Billek (0-1, 9.64 ERA, 4.2 IP, 2/2, 1.93 WHIP) Daytona (game 2): LHP Carlos Perez (0-3, 5.89 ERA, 36.2 IP, 24/27, 2.10 WHIP) Peoria: LHP Jesus Yepez (2-2, 3.29 ERA, 54.2 IP, 27/33, 1.48 WHIP) @ RHP Juan Jimenez (1-2, 3.73 ERA)
  17. His control has always been an issue. I wouldn't expect those problems to completely disappear after a double jump to the big leagues. all right...that's enough doom and gloom from you, mr. i've followed marmol's career for more than 10 innings. [-X Heh. :D
  18. His control has always been an issue. I wouldn't expect those problems to completely disappear after a double jump to the big leagues.
  19. I would rather start Guzman and give Zambrano an extra day off this time through the rotation. He has been heavily abused 4 of the past 4 starts. Agreed, the bullpen is rested and it would be nice to see Guzman get some good work in and give Z some much needed rest. Ditto. Frankly, I'd prefer Rusch starting and being awful (since he's more likely to start than Guzman) over Z going on his standard 4 days rest. Z should get an extra day off given the amount of work he's logged the past few starts.
  20. Your comfort level isn't important to the Cubs. Not to sound mean, but I don't think Hendry goes around claims that he needs MPrior--a Cubs fan on the MB---to be comfortable with the decision on KW. My guess is, if they are going to make the move, somehow your "comfort" level won't be a part of the decision. Your really could have saved this. It's pretty unnecessary. I don't think the Cubs are consulting you for your opinion on the matter, either, but that didn't stop you from expressing it, did it? Look, I apologize ahead of time when I said "not to sound mean". Look, I am naturally thick skin, and I apologize if there are some thin skin fans on the board. Call it insensitive, fine, but I won't change, I may ADAPT what I say, but I won't change. I will apologize that it came off as STRONG, and MEANSPIRITED, that wasn't my intent, and if you think it was....well that is your problem (not singling anybody out, specifically), not mine. I was trying to be sarcastic. Which apparently, NOBODY got. :shock: And I NEVER said they are considering "my opinions", so stop putting words in my mouth. I just said that I highly doubt (and I apologize for singling out a certain poster) the Cubs are going to consult Cubs fan on every move. Look, everybody has opinions, I respect that, contrary to popular belief....but let's have REALISTIC opinions, and not fear based opinions, shall we? (burp) How about that Marmol? Maybe, TC Hinrich was right....sometimes this board can be abit oversensitive. I like the board, but boy...thin-skin it is. Whatever you want to say about our thick skins, you were out of line in this case.
  21. It was the last sentence's philosophy that made Corey so bad with the Cubs. If he gets 9 hits in 12 attempts, why wouldn't he get at least 5 in another 12? Because teams would play him in more. And he would be giving up his power potential.
  22. Glad I didn't get to watch that traveshamockery of a game. How bad was Totti's re-injury?
  23. Walrond's ERA jumped from 2.19 all the way to 3.67. Ouch. I guess it's the curse of being picked ahead of Juan Pierre. I-Cubs are now down 15-5, Fontenot has gone deep also.
×
×
  • Create New...