Jump to content
North Side Baseball

JudasIscariotTheBird

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    10,442
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by JudasIscariotTheBird

  1. Welp, the Cubs can't be much more overrated than after a game they just won, so I'll keep the overrated PTA vehicle going. I would like to announce that I have quit the Cubs. It is so freeing and refreshing to let go and not care. And that feeling will make watching this game more enjoyable. I suggest everyone try it. Remember how Bill Murray likes the Cubs? Man, I still really don't care. Maybe if they get on a 4 game winning streak or something I'll start doing actual good Anderson movies. ...did you know that he directed Fiona Apple's video to Paper Bag and Hot Knife? I knew that they used to date and stuff, but I didn't know that.
  2. Jeez. I'm going to have to find gifs of actors threatening to fart on people more often.
  3. Owners are making out like bandits after their disinterested off season. Gross.
  4. It is clear that the Cubs, and we its fans, do not deserve good things. And so, what horrifically overated movie could I use as a gif theme for this horrifically overrated baseball team? http://66.media.tumblr.com/1e07948d97e27626b4776af4747c1495/tumblr_mj0ucnZMPs1s15yvto1_500.gif Good point, PSH! Quintana is broken and he'll probably be a slightly-worse-than-league-average inning-eater for the rest of his Cubs career. I suppose that isn't too bad, except we cleared out the rest of our now-pathetic farm system to get him. Joaquin, if you got the chance to meet Q, what would you tell him? http://www.thejustinjohnsonshow.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/fartinyourface.jpg Better answer than I was expecting, crazy person. Gah, why am I even bothering to pretend to put effort into this? I'm going to bed. http://66.media.tumblr.com/6d6496bb8a30fbbd16c97dda185fb930/tumblr_mhmtjooG491qzi80do1_500.gif
  5. I see both sides on this one. Gays should know better...but are gays not allowed to be fratnoxious because they should know better? Its a conundrum.
  6. I've seen people pick up J Hey in fantasy leagues...and we are 2-22 or something at the moment. What the hell is going on?!
  7. I came to this thread fulling expecting a Jaws pun.
  8. Careful. Rooting too hard can give you a heart attackackackackack.
  9. I spent the last 10 minutes trying to make a Scenes From an Italian Restaurant reference with either Maddon choosing between a bottle or red or white, or Jake and LaStella on a big waterbed they had bought with the bread they had saved for a couple of years, but after the Mathis HR I decided to give up and just listen to Captain Jack.
  10. Sadly, the Cubs pitchers are also making every at bat feel like a grind. Yeah, my way too early takeaway from this team is that the offense looks capable of taking us to October by itself, but how in the world do you win a playoff series with Lester/Hendricks/who the hell knows as your playoff rotation?
  11. Yeah, kinda. The knock on him was always that he didn't pitch deep into games because of not pitching to contact. He kind of changed that later in his career before he got here, but coming to Chicago seems to make Chatwood's happen.
  12. Little known fact: Flea and Dave Navarro are playing on the album recording of that track.
  13. I did, but I was watching the game at my dad's place. I am the horsefeathering game thread GOD. BBT could only exist in a godless world.
  14. That's true, but I feel that Schwarber is a guy like Rizzo, where as Zagunis is not a guy like Rizzo. Schwarber is not a “guy” like Rizzo. Zagunis is not a lefty. Your words are broken. What I was trying to say is that Zagunis sucks and Schwarber is exactly the kind of player that can juice a dong against this lefty loser.
  15. What a second, isn't Joe into advanced metrics and what not? If so, why isn't Schwarber at DH? Because there's selection bias in those splits. He doesn't see very many left handed hitters, and the few that he does see are guys like Rizzo who are going to skew the stats. That's the idea, anyway. It's certainly possible he jut has reverse splits, but I'm way to lazy to do any real digging into this. That's true, but I feel that Schwarber is a guy like Rizzo, where as Zagunis is not a guy like Rizzo.
  16. To pour salt on the wound: https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.fcgi?id=minormi01&t=p&year=2018
×
×
  • Create New...