Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. I don't know that I agree with that. Say you trade away 3 top 100 prospects for a guy like Travis Wood. It's still a horrible trade even if none of those 3 guys becomes anything because you didn't cash in their full value at the time you made the trade. With those 3 top 100 guys you probably could have landed a much better pitcher.
  2. Agreed. Betts has special player written all over him. I also would really like a package from the Orioles that would be a Bundy/Gausman+Harvey+competitive balance pick.
  3. At this point, I think Gordon might be the single most disappointing pick that is realistic. You don't get a premium talent, you don't save any money, you just get a guy who likely would have been in the 10-15 range in last year's class.
  4. Finally he's flipping the rooftop owners the bird. It's half a year late, but at least it got done eventually.
  5. At this point I'm pretty much game for whatever. The only guy I particularly like in this draft is Aiken and he's the least likely to slip. As long as we don't end up with Beede,Turner or Nola I can pretty much tolerate it.
  6. Why not walk him and put the force out at every base?
  7. I wouldn't be at all surprised if after today Samardzija wouldn't stay here even if Theo offered up 20M a year. He has got to want out of this train wreck so badly.
  8. Nice patience Castillo, you didn't want any of that fastball right down the middle.
  9. Pretty much told me the same thing when I met him at the Blackhawk's game. Though we were pretty much in agreement that the rooftop owners could go screw themselves.
  10. Need a strike out and Ichiro is the guy is up at the plate. Good luck.
  11. It would have been nice if Aramis got even half the ovation that Jeter got. The same could be said for Soriano who returned to Chicago for the very first time since getting dealt in this series. Sadly no, they're going to cheer for Jeter who has never had anything to do with this team.
  12. Tanaka is getting a lot of calls on these edges.
  13. In his mock last week, Keith Law suggested the Cubs were considering underslotting Max Pentecost at 1.4. So we're underslotting and taking a catcher, but we're taking a college position player. I don't know how I'd feel. If it landed someone like Fedde in the 2nd, I'd be pretty damn happy. They would for sure have to land a real big hard sign for me not to be pissed off though.
  14. Between getting beer spilled on you, listening to some random frat guy talk about how great Ryan Theriot was and having to go to the bathroom in turn so you don't lose your seat, I'll pass on the bleachers. I'm much happier casually sipping beer and watching the game from the shade.
  15. It seems like they want Price though. Samardzija+18-20M a year for Pederson+Lee or Price+25-27M a year for Pederson+Urias+Seager Is Price really worth another 7M or so annually plus a significantly larger prospect package when you're already packing two legitimate aces? Seems like a poor use of resources.
  16. So much love for Castro right now. He is squaring up absolutely everything and to all fields.
  17. Some more info: http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=23587 Anybody here going? I was thinking about it, though I can't imagine there's going to be a whole lot that isn't already covered here.
  18. Despite all the lamenting about Edwin's contract he's now sporting a sub 4.00ERA.
  19. Aaaaaaand Andrew Cashner is back on the DL with elbow soreness. This is pretty much who we knew Cashner was. He's Josh Johnson. Incredibly effective when he's healthy, but if you use him as a starter you're going to get 1/2 to 2/3 of a year out of him. You switch him to bullpen you probably get to keep him all year, but his value takes a huge hit. Zero regrets on that Rizzo deal.
  20. I wouldn't even necessarily mind Gordon over Kolek if they were only one tier away from each other because of the risk, but Kolek's upside seems to be so much more significant that anything Gordon could ever become that I just can't see any justification for it. You take Kolek and go in knowing he's going to need TJS at some point, You accept it and move on.
×
×
  • Create New...