Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. damn, Greinke's due 4/102 right now and he's just a few months older than Lester would definitely have preferred that Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Greinke have an opt out contract following 2015? He's a great option for 2016.
  2. Adam Eaton, Jose Quintana, Carlos Rodon Rodon cannot be traded and Quintana is better than Samardzija and under control for longer. I think Beane is trying to re-stock his farm system. Maybe Tim Anderson and some other pieces? I'd have to get at least 2 of Anderson/Montas/Danish and another intriguing young wild card like Hawkins.
  3. How in the hell do you not get any of Stroman,Sanchez,Pompey or Norris back in that deal?
  4. So Rose refutes that he had issues with his hamstring, instead he says he was fatigued. He played 10 minutes of basketball and he was fatigued.
  5. Bulls were focusing on Carmelo and didn't have the cap to sign Afflalo and still make Carmelo a real offer. It was unfortunate Afflalo signed pretty quickly in FA. He was traded Yeah my mistake. I had completely forgotten how underwhelming the package Orlando got for him was. He was had for the equivalent of Tony Snell and Cameron Bairstow.
  6. That's the kind of logic that led to letting go of Ramirez because adding 4 guys' WAR together could replace him. But with a five-man rotation, I think I'd rather have Arrieta, Liriano, McCarthy, Hendricks and No. 5 spot then Lester, Arrieta, Hendricks, Turner and Straily or other No. 5 spot. (Yes, I realize we should be able to get Lester AND one of them, but still). That, and I'm just not interested in giving a non-Clayton Kershaw $25 million per for that many years. If there is a great offensive option at that price, sure, but I'd rather have two quality pitchers than one really good one for that cost and the years. So you're not interested in ever signing a TOR pitcher. Fair enough I guess. Even Samardzija types are going to be getting that kind of money.
  7. Bulls were focusing on Carmelo and didn't have the cap to sign Afflalo and still make Carmelo a real offer. It was unfortunate Afflalo signed pretty quickly in FA.
  8. And he's done for the night because his thigh got tight. I don't even want him on the court anymore, he's nothing but a distraction.
  9. Is there any team in the league who would even touch Rose's contract? Just give him away for expiring contracts.
  10. I just wonder if it could get done straight up. If so, then I prefer Grandal to Susac. Wouldn't you rather have the years of control on Susac? I feel like Grandal has quite a bit more offensive upside, but then again his spike in K rate and decline in his defense is cause for worry.
  11. I just wonder if it could get done straight up. If so, then I prefer Grandal to Susac.
  12. What about a Susac for Valbuena deal? I can't really find anything on Susac's framing ability in numbers but I know everyone he's ever worked with has raved about him. I'd be all for this deal.
  13. There were some Cespedes to Seattle for Iwakuma rumors a week or so ago, but nothing all that solid.
  14. You're further along than me...even in resignation I'm hoping for Shields + McCarthy/Liriano I don't even really want Shields that bad. He's so very, very old. I just want the FO to show that they care even the slightest bit about winning at the major league level. Thus far they have not done that.
  15. Is that what our payroll would be if all we signed is 1-2 middle tier arms like Masterson and maybe a backup catcher? Right now we can put together a 25 man roster with about 66 million. Make it closer to 60 if you decide to non-tender Wood. So that's your baseline to add any spending to. Excellent, that means we can sign about 15M in players and still be competing with TB,FLA and PITT for the second lowest payroll in baseball. Fantastic.
  16. You'd have to think one of Betts or Bogaerts is on their way to Philly if this Sandoval move is legit right?
  17. I don't understand why they would sign both unless they're giving up on Xander Bogaerts. Even if Hanley went to the OF it doesn't make sense as they already have a huge traffic jam in Rusney Castillo, Betts,Victorino,Cespedes, etc.
  18. What i wouldn't give for a coach who wants to step on the other team's throat rather than try and eek by every week. There is no way in hell you see the Patriot's or Denver running out the clock up 11 with 10 minutes to go in the game
  19. Back to the stupid conservative offense.
  20. Throw the ball down the field you [expletive] morons.
  21. TB is allowing 27.9 points per game and we're going to struggle to put up 10 today aren't we?
  22. There we go, the crippling penalty that ruins this drive.
  23. Trying to force the issue deep isn't the way to attack this defense It seems to work for every other team when they play Tampa seeing as they have the 4th worst pass defense in football and 5th highest pass yards per attempt. Regardless, it's not just this week, it's a season long refusal to properly utilize the weapons.
  24. Has any coach ever been more afraid to use his offensive weapons? Absolutely ridiculous to have all this talent and live on passes <10 yards.
×
×
  • Create New...