Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Absolutely love that deal for KC and wish he was a Cub on the same deal.
  2. I'd take the gamble. In 2011 to 2013 he put up wOBAs of .395,.374 and .363 respectively only to bottom out at .269 last year. It seems weird that in his prime he'd just plummet off a cliff like that.
  3. I would be absolutely livid if we gave up Castro for one year of Greinke, who can opt out after this year.
  4. I don't know that he sucks persay, but it's just that he has no ceiling beyond what he is already. You can't realistically expect for more than a 2.0fWAR from the guy. He'd be a nice 4th Ofer and pinch runner, but he's not a guy I want to see getting 600PAs a year.
  5. I think I'm the only one who doesn't mind Rios on a 1/11 deal. He's only a year off a 3.1fWAR season and 2 years of a 4.2fWAR season. It's no worse than throwing 9M at Masterson/Anderson.
  6. Looks to me like the Nationals are the biggest winner in that trade. The padres get the best piece, but they sure are giving up a lot. TB gets couple solid prospects but it's a pretty marginal return with no marquee prospect.
  7. Couldn't 4.5M get us a noninjured very good set up righty? I mean this is almost taking on risk just to take on risk.
  8. So the Dodgers will have a rotation of Kershaw FIP:1.81 xFIP:2.08 Greinke FIP:2.97 xFIP:2.72 Ryu FIP:2.62 xFIP:3.03 McCarthy FIP:3.55 xFIP:2.87 Anderson FIP:2.99 xFIP:3.55 If by some miracle they all stay healthy, that's an absolutely ridiculous rotation.
  9. I'd rather just wait until 2016 and get David Price without giving up any prospects or taking any bad contracts/
  10. He really should be playing 1B for the Padres. Letting him roam the outfield at Petco might lead to the first -fWAR player with an 850+OPS.
  11. We already have Chris Coghlan and hopefully we're looking to get rid of him. he hits the ball very far and lots He had a -40.3UZR/150 in LF last year. That's worse than Any year in Adam Dunn's LF career.
  12. I wouldn't think the prospects from that deal would be all that significant. Boston didn't do something dumb like give up Devers or Margot just because they're a long way from the majors right?
  13. If Latos can be had for guys outside of the top 15 in our farm then Theo needs to make that deal.
  14. Apparently Detroit is about to trade prospects for a Reds' pitcher. How is that even possible? At this point Detroit's #1 prospect might not even be in the top 15 in our farm.
  15. And yet the Dodger fans are all kinds of pissed off right now. Watch them add Cole Hamels to that rotation. Kershaw/Hamels/Greinke/Ryu/McCarthy. Ridiculous.
  16. I wanted McCarthy pretty bad, but that he got four years surprises me. Never even really considered McCarthy getting a 4th year to be honest. So far the only deal I'm even a little jealous of is the Liriano 3/39 and even that isn't worth getting worked up over.
  17. The Padres make no sense to me. LAD fans are going to be crushed. For whatever reason they still believe Kemp is an MVP player who is worth multiple top prospects. Last I saw they were nearly unanimous in saying they wouldn't give him up for Lindor or Russell.
  18. I'd be willing to bet that Lester ages a lot better than Scherzer. Scherzer's repertoire strikes me as a guy who requires huge K rates and high velocity.
  19. While Maikel Franco is a really nice bat, I haven't the faintest idea where he would play. He's barely passable at 3B and I feel like we've got this 1B thing covered. I also have about zero interest in Ben Revere. The only way I'm interested in moving them to Philly is in a Hamels package.
  20. Being bad at offense in LF is something the Cubs have plenty of in-house options for already. He's a year off of a .779OPS,21SB,3.9fWAR season with tolerable defense in CF. Even a line like his 2012 season would be great.
  21. So, what does it take to acquire Coco Crisp? He was pretty bad in 2014, but given hsi contract he wouldn't cost much and he fills pretty much all needs.
  22. Hub said he sounded a little jealous of the attention they showed Lester. If he sees them throwing gobs of money at Lester, where they wouldn't extend him at what he deemed a fair price, then of course he's going to be bitter. At the time wasnt the rumored extension 5/75? For what he had done up to that point seemed petty fair. I thought they had offered all the way up to 5/95, but Shark wanted an extension that exceeded Homer Bailey's.
  23. Yeah he was a borderline top 15 guy for me. Only pitchers I had ahead of him were Edwards,Pierce,Tseng and Underwood. Sands was pretty close too.
×
×
  • Create New...