Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Starting to look like Neither of Dansby or Tate will be there when the Cubs pick if things continue like this. That's unfortunate because I really don't want to end up with Bregman or Cameron.
  2. Reminds me of that homer Stanton hit to RF in Miami against Hammel last year. It felt like a double down the line off the bat and next thing you know it's clearing the RF wall at about 110MPH.
  3. He was on pace for a 3.5fWAR season last year before that fluke sliding incident. That would have made him the 6th most valuable SS who had at least 350PAs last year. This is during his age 24 season. Over the next 4 seasons Castro will make 32M or 8M/YR; during the same span Hamels will make 96M or 24M/YR. You could go out an add another major piece in FA to the tune of a 16M a year player to Castro and you'd just be reaching what it would cost you just to have Hamels. That's likely enough to land you Porcello in '16. Add about 4M to it and that's enough to land you whoever gets the bad end of the draw between Zimmerman/Samardzija.
  4. FFS I'm going to cry if my team loses Darvish and Cobb before opening day.
  5. Again, no way in hell. I'm not against trading Castro for the right return, but that's almost certainly not the right return. Way too much risk involved with a pitcher that age, who has reportedly dealt with arm trouble. It just gets even worse when you consider how amazing Castro's deal is. Dont know about arm trouble. I believe the arm trouble rumors were debunked or at least mostly debunked. Again, this guy is almost exactly the same caliber as Lester with a more team friendly deal that doesnt extend into his elderly years. Hamels missed the first month or so of last season with an arm issue that lingered over the 2013/2014 winter.
  6. So apparently Amaro is asking the Red Sox for Henry Owens and either of Betts/Swihart plus the Red Sox will take on the entirety of the contract. Who in the hell would give up a top 15 prospect and top 30 prospect all for the right of paying a pitcher what is basically his free market value(24M/Y)?
  7. So, lots of surplus value for very little surplus value and a hell of a lot more risk. Fantastic.
  8. Russell with a 2B and is now 1/1 with 2BB. I believe he's batting .500 on the spring now.
  9. I really don't think Russell is going to benefit by going to AAA, he's ready now.
  10. I had such high hopes.
  11. Bryant throwing error, Lake and Alcantara watch a ball land at their feet, this has been an extremely poorly played game defensively.
  12. A little early season Benny Hill action.
  13. Butler is gone 3 to 6 weeks. I don't know if I can bring myself to watch a game during that span. It's going to be some really really bad basketball.
  14. I went with Almora but it's probably draft bias. If Pierce and Underwood were prospects in other farms along with Almora, I would probably have them first.
  15. The absolute date is like 12 or 13 days into the season. But you usually give yourself another week to give plausible deniability, because holding him down purely for service-time reasons is against the rules and he can file a grievance to get the service time restored. This is exactly what I've read across several different sites. 13 days, but they'll keep him down for 3 weeks to avoid a grievance.
  16. That's just crazy late movement on a fastball.
  17. I went with McKinney. He walks, doesn't K a concerning amount and is extremely young for his league(Could be 20 in AA this year). He doesn't have a huge ceiling, but I could envision him as a 280/350/450 guy in the majors if everything went right. Next year I'll probably have Torres higher if he succeeds in full season ball, but for now I'll take McKinney's history.
  18. They should be over the limit, but unfortunately they are not because MLB likes to make rules as they go. My understanding was because they didn't retain the rights to Nix despite giving him the 1.5M that it did not count.
  19. I know it's not Derrick's fault, but I just can't wait until his contract is over. All of these wasted years and they never even really sniffed a Finals.
  20. Your anti Castillo boner is rather troubling. I'd wager at least half of your posts involve calling Castillo worthless in some form or another.
  21. Went with Edwards because the numbers are always strong. If he fails to log innings again this year then he will take a big tumble.
  22. That is absolutely awesome. Yadier Alvares is a must sign.
  23. Schwarber is one of maybe a handful of prospects around the league that I am absolutely sure will hit at the big league level, it's just a matter of where he's going to play defense at.
×
×
  • Create New...