Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. For everyone that realizes that Vogelbach is a fat DH who has only shown power once he got to the Pacific Coast League, a big, youngish lefty arm that was once one of the top pitching prospects in baseball, that can flip back and forth from the pen and start maybe, with tons of years of control left... it's a nice return. I would gamble there is a very significant chance he's tried out as a starter to start 2017.
  2. It doesn't have the flash of Miler, but it certainly didn't have the price tag either. I like it.
  3. God it really would have been nice to pull that game out last night.
  4. Taking 2 out of 3 against Tex and NYM to start the 2nd half would be a fantastic start.
  5. Probably not the best idea to say you think a guy could hit 50HR and then offer a reliever in return for him.
  6. Cameron is underestimating the potential of the situation. This is essentially one corporation look at the trade secrets of the other. That kind of information is potentially business crippling. If Pepsi finds out Coke is rolling out new drink in January and they beat them to market with their own version in December, that could cost Coke hundreds of millions of dollars.
  7. Sure would have been nice if this would have happened before they just had a really good draft class. Anyways, take their 2017 draft and INTL period away and I'm happy. Should be at least that much, based on how hard Boston got hit.
  8. I am just completely unable to tell how far a ball is going off Heyward's bat.
  9. 3-1 count and a pop out to 3B is the result, bleh.
  10. I haven't looked it up or anything, but it feels like double plays have been pretty rare over the last few weeks. I know there's been a number of attempts, but not a lot of successful ones.
  11. So apparently he's going to implode every other inning.
  12. Following tonight's obliteration of the White Sox with a line of 9IP 6H 0ER 0BB 13K, I'd like to once again vote for seeing what it costs to pick up Matt Shoemaker. His contact levels are down across the board, 1st strike is up and swings are up across the board as well.
  13. Whether or not they're fixed, I feel one hell of a lot better now than I did last week.
  14. Too soon, wait for the conclusion for me to answer that.
  15. Yeah, Kela is very very good. I'd be surprised if he wasn't their eventual closer for a long time.
  16. I really hate watching Warren pitch. Watching people with good stuff be afraid to throw a strike so they do nothing but nibble is a terrible waste of talent.
  17. After last year I have this irrational fear that this trade deadline is going to consist of Abad and that's about it. If the Cubs go out and basically do nothing, will you be upset?
  18. Astros pay 50M to completely block Alex Bregman.
  19. Cease and is several tiers below Espinoza. Of course no one would care about losing Cease for good pitcher. Okay, make it literally Espinoza then. Espinoza is getting licked by the Sally league, outside of HR prevention there's nothing he's doing overly well unless you extremely discount his performance for age. He's throwing less than 4.5 innings per start so if he's tiring out it's the 2nd time through the order. He's also not improving mid-year, since June he has an ERA of about 6 and hitters have an .850 OPS on him in the last month. He already has people making Carl Edwards comments about his potential durability and future as a starter. He is so far from being a valuable MLB starter right now that considering him far above the value of an actual above average major league SP is venturing into the absurd. I'm not against trading him entirely, I'm against trading him for a guy who is just now breaking out and has never thrown a full season. Is Pomeranz even going to last until the playoffs?
  20. I will trade ace upside pitchers struggling to get hitters out in Low A for good but less than ace upside major league pitchers 10 days a week. If Cease weren't hurt and pitching even better than he is now, I would trade him in a millisecond for Pomeranz or Teheran and laugh my way to victory. Cease and is several tiers below Espinoza. Of course no one would care about losing Cease for good pitcher.
×
×
  • Create New...