Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. For a healthy Wade Davis, sure. For a 50/50 shot at a healthy Davis, Ill pass.
  2. I feel like a Sale deal has to include Turner. Yeah I just read some blurb on twitter that says they can do it without him. Im not sure how that's possible. Giolito(4),Robles(13),Lopez(48),Fedde(61), international signing Juan Soto, AJ Cole. Last year's early round guys Carter Kieboom and Dane Dunning. Michael Taylor still has a little shine. They have lots of talent to move around.
  3. That is a hell of a lot for Herrera who you're only going to get 2 years of. If we're going closers let's go super young and lots of control. Joe Jimenez,Edwin Diaz,Barraclough,Raisel Iglesias,etc etc
  4. This is what I'm expecting and it's just a terrible waste of resources.
  5. 2M for a guy that has never really been anything other than bad. Call me less than optimistic on this one.
  6. Looks like the Braves gave up Luke Dykstra, John Gant and Chris Ellis. Gant is mildly intriguing.
  7. Ok, so the Braves literally have about 10SP candidates now. Someone has to be on the move. Edit: Make that 11SP candidates Teheran,Garcia,Dickey,Colon and Folty,Wisler,Blair,Gant,Perez,Jenkins,Collmenter all possibilities for the 5th spot
  8. It's absolutely amazing to me that after graduating Bryant,Russell,Baez,Contreras,Soler and Schwarber that without the Chapman trade the Cubs would still have the #1,#3 and #8 prospects in the AZL as well as possible top 100 guys in Cease,Clifton and Candelario
  9. Just sad this likely means the chances of signing Fowler are most likely gone.
  10. Based on how well Kang and Kim have translated to big league hitting I think this was a very worthwhile gamble.
  11. This was expected, it's what they do next that really determines how scary they can be. If they were some how able to swing Votto, I'd be concerned.
  12. They still remain high on Soler too. Soler+Candelario for Vizcaino+Soroka+Allard
  13. If I'm making a deal with Detroit Joe Jimenez must absolutely be part of any deal. There's your closer for the better part of the next decade.
  14. Apparently Buster Olney has heard that the White Sox will not be listening to any offers from the Cubs regarding Sale. I can't help but laugh because it's the most typical stereotypical thing a WSox fan would do only, but it's being done by their FO.
  15. The real question is whether Theo wants to push Javy plus the rest of our farm system. I think it's more likely he tries to trade Soler for a slightly better version of Montgomery. Agreed. I've been talking myself into a deal for someone like Odorizzi or Bauer if they can avoid touching anyone better than Soler from the MLB team(and Eloy from the farm). Although they might be more willing to gamble on health if they're only giving up a Soler caliber lead piece, at which point names like Smyly, Manaea, or someone from Arizona(Ray? Corbin?) come into play. Manaea and Smyly would have to come relatively cheap given their injury histories. I'd love to see if Joe Ross was available from the Nationals. The rotation is already filled with Scherzer,Strasburg,Roark and Gio, not to mention Giolito,Lopez,Fedde and Cole all pushing for a spot.
  16. Maybe I'm wrong, but I never got the impression the Cubs were all that interested in keeping Chapman long term.
  17. For me Schwarber is the difference between this offense simply being good and becoming something special. With the loss of Fowler looming I wouldn't be willing to take a huge offensive downgrade like that.
  18. From a hypothetical perspective ... I think they would hav eto think about the first, with Baez and Schwarber showing they can succeed at the big league level. I think they might lean no on the last two, feeling like they are taking on too much risk. That said, I don't think the Angels deal Trout. There's too few organizations that can give them the quality bundle needed one-to-one, leaving alone the tag of "dealing the best player in the game entering his prime years" that would be slapped on them (And by most accounts, Arte Moreno is wary of that). A waste of Trout's prime ... but I think that's the way it goes for now. Only slim chance I could perhaps see a deal coming together is if the Angels are able to spin a third team involved to really get a huge bundle. In short, I'm thinking that to get them to ponder it would take maybe 3 or 4 young MLB players, something few organizations will give up. Schwarber, Hendricks, Soler? The Cubs are already kind of in trouble looking forward to their 2018 rotation which is at the mom ent, Lester/Hendricks/Montgomery and who knows. You drop Hendricks from that line up and it has the potential to be a disaster.
  19. True. But I suspect he will go back to not being good, because that's how he has been most of his career. Actually Segura's almost 50/50 on very good and bad, most of the bad coming after his baby died. Don't forget that he was also hit in the face by Ryan Braun who was taking practice swings while still in the dugout.
  20. Yeah, the Dbacks have a ton of starters. At this point they almost have to shop one.
  21. I realize that this line of thinking is bordering on the cliche, but I love Bauer's stuff out of the pen if it turns out that he's not going to be as effective a starter as promised. With that said, I think he can be quite valuable in the rotation. Would be interested in seeing what it takes. Bauer does take like an hour to warm up and is pretty stubborn about his routine so there'd be added risk to him taking to relieving. To be a pitcher who lives up in the zone,like Bauer, you need precise command. He doesn't have it and when he doesn't have it he gives up rockets. He's just not worth the headache. Occasionally he'll look brilliant because his command will be there and he'll get swing and miss after swing and miss high at the top of the zone, but the majority of the time you're going to see walks and lasers.
  22. I wouldn't take him for free with his current contract. The Sox are going to have to eat some money if they want any kind of return.
  23. I'm kind of floored someone actually typed that out. That's pretty much what he did in '15 and '16 no? I just really don't want to get bent over again at the trade deadline when it's something that could have been addressed in the offseason.
  24. Just got done looking at the rule 5 guys available and there are some really nice prospects. The biggest stand out for me is Francisco Rios, but there's also guys like Angel Perdomo,Jordan Guerrero, Kevin Ziomek,Dylan Covey,Lewis Thorpe, etc http:// http://m.mlb.com/news/article/208914172/prospects-added-to-40-man-or-exposed-to-rule-5/
  25. I really wanted Cecil, but the 4/30+ is just too much to pony up. With that said, I'm terrified Theo is going to go the throw horsefeathers at a wall method in filling the bullpen holes which is completely unacceptable when you're not only a WS contender, but WS favorite.
×
×
  • Create New...