Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Color me very surprised. The farm could use a nice influx of talent. You're surprised they offered Fowler a QO? They did last year and then he was even better in 2016. I'm surprised because there were rumors that there was an under the table agreement not to give Dex a QO this time after it seemed to hurt him so much in 2015 FA. Based solely on his talent he's a no brainer to throw a QO at.
  2. Color me very surprised. The farm could use a nice influx of talent.
  3. I was going to throw together something just shits and giggles but damn even the top 10 is going to be hard to put together this year without really going over somethings. The only slot you can't argue is #1.
  4. I say making a move for another starter this offseason is a must simply because it's too hard to fill multiple holes in the rotation in one offseason. As of right now 2018 is looking like this rotation wise Lester,Hendricks,Montgomery. I'd like to add a starter via trade this off season, keep Montgomery in the pen and then in 2018 when Arrieta,Hammel and Lackey have all left, insert Montgomery into the rotation.
  5. 4/60 is about as high as I'd be willing to go, that 5th year would definitely be a deal breaker for me. With that said, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Dex lands in any of BAL,NYM or STL.
  6. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this and it should leave lots of money available for 2018 and 2019 FA or extending Bryant,Russell, etc. Gone: Fowler,Ross,Chapman,Wood,Cahill,Coghlan Trade Jorge Soler+Jeimer Candelario+Trevor Clifton for Jake Odorizzi(3Y) and Alex Colome(4Y) Sign Brett Cecil 3/12 Sign Carlos Gomez 2/24 (Gambling on that he's more the Gomez from TOR and MIL than he was in HOU) Trade Jason Hammel to Baltimore for Cody Sedlock(UofI kid with a good chance to be a middle of the rotation guy one day) C:Contreras 1B:Rizzo 2B:Zobrist 3B:Bryant SS:Russell RF:Heyward CF: C.Gomez LF:Schwarber Bench: Baez,Almora,Szczur,Lastella,Montero SP: Lester,Hendricks,Jake,Odorizzi,Lackey(Zastryzyny in AAA in case of short term injury) BP:Colome,Rondon,Strop,Montgomery,Edwards,Cecil,Grimm 2018SP: Lester,Hendricks,Odorizzi,Montgomery,(FA)
  7. As of right now I'm not sure you can trade Hammel simply based on rotation depth. Zastryzny was good in a small sample size but I don't want him pitching a full season if someone goes down long term.
  8. So they have until Monday to offer Fowler a QO. I'm not sure how the option stuff works with deadlines, but I imagine it's similar. Wasn't the rumor back when Dex signed that there was an under the table agreement that the Cubs wouldn't make him a QO in order to allow him to get a better contract? I know it breaks MLB rules, but there was more than one person who insinuated that was the case.
  9. Completely and totally emotionally spent. Shed some tears, shared some laughs, and even now less than 5 hours after the Cubs first WS victory in 108 years all I can think about is how much I'm looking forward to 2017. Thanks Cubs, it may have taken 10 years off my life, but it was a hell of a night to remember.
  10. Guy only threw 20 pitches and people act like he's now unavailable. I'd be surprised if he doesn't go 2 tomorrow should the Cubs have the league.
  11. Cubs, please open up a nice 3 run lead early. My body simply can't take 9 innings of a close ball game.
  12. I feel so much better about this series after last night. Winning out feels infinitely more achievable for whatever meatbally reason. With that said, it's a little sad that regardless of what happens there's at most 2 more baseball games this year. We're going to be stuck with the mediocre Bulls, tire fire Bears and Hawks for the next few months and the Bears race for #1 pick is probably the most interesting of the 3.
  13. Never would have expected that game 3 was lost because Heyward wasn't in RF. 3 different balls tonight Heyward would have gotten to that Soler wasn't able to.
  14. Decided against going to Wrigley this weekend. Between the insane cover charges at the bar, the police perimeter that's getting set up and having to show up 10 hours early to even get near Wrigleyville, I'd rather just hit a nice bar and get shitty there. For those who don't know, there is going to be a police perimeter that is basically going to stop allowing in and out foot traffic at a yet undesignated time around Wrigley. So if you're not there by then, good luck as you'll be watching and listening from 4 plus blocks away without a chance of getting closer. I hope I'm wrong but those of you showing up noon or after on either day are probably going to be severely disappointed with your options.
  15. David Wright, with his degenerative back, is going to finally be healthy, though. I can feel it. And also who needs hitting when all those pitchers are coming back and penciled in for 30+ starts. No worries in the world If you ask those guys over at Refugee they would destroyed the Cubs this year if not for health issues.
  16. There has been mutual interest between the two that makes it look likely. Also, if this year has taught us anything it's the absolute importance of having a closer that can dominate, especially in the playoffs. Going into next year and using Edwards/Strop/Rondon as our closer is just asking to give up another enormous package at the trade deadline in 2017.
  17. I would be very surprised if an International Draft applied to NPB players. The current bonus pools do not, and the reasoning(IFA's are not yet professionals, NPB players are) is the same if you go from pools to a draft for IFA's. The posting/FA system could change again, but that would almost certainly be independent of an IFA draft. The Koreans and the Cubans are in professional leagues, would they be exempt as well? It seems like a giant waste of time if the international draft isn't even going to cover all international players. I really wish they'd just leave it alone and let the players keep getting paid what they're worth.
  18. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't he pretty much have to come over after this season? If the CBA institutes an international draft in 2018 he stands to lose an enormous amount of money should he not make the move before then. I'm all for throwing Jake's money at Otani.
  19. A Colome and Odorizzi package is pretty much ideal for me. I just don't know if the Cubs have the chips to get it done only taking Soler off the ML roster and not including Eloy from the farm. Does Soler+Happ+Clifton even come close?
  20. Will definitely be down there Saturday, Friday I'm not as sure about but definitely a possibility.
  21. No reasoning behind it but I feel good about Saturday. I think the Cubs score just enough to get the job done and I do irreversible damage to my liver.
  22. The Dodgers almost have to throw Kershaw tomorrow. If the Cubs go out and mash Maeda like they did last time, the Dodgers would be forced to go back into Chicago to win 2 in a row. Even if it's Kershaw and Hill pitching, that's a pretty daunting task.
  23. If the Cubs can manage to walk away after tomorrow with a win I don't see how LAD can get back into the series on the backs of Hill,Urias and Maeda. Still amazing that the Cubs have won 4 out of 5 games against very good opponents with Russell and Rizzo being a combined 2 for 38. Everyone else seems to be rounding into form.
×
×
  • Create New...