Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Well on my way to putting Descalso in my Cub hate hall of fame joining Neifi,Theriot,Miles etc.
  2. Cubs have signed 6th round pick Hearns for 2nd round money.
  3. So I'm pretty shocked not a single HS player has been taken. I suppose the good news is that in another year or two we wont have to trade our prospects for relievers anymore.
  4. I'm not angry or anything, just underwhelmed. There were a handful of guys I would like to have had there.
  5. Pretty happy with that Card pick. I don't think that arm has much chance of holding up to a starter workload.
  6. Absolutely love Corbin Carroll. Dbacks got a steal.
  7. Sadly the Sox made the right decision and took Vaughn.
  8. I'd absolutely be thrilled if any of Priester,Hoese or Cavaco slipped to the Cubs
  9. Sure they will, but they'll leave them stranded.
  10. Why can't this team hit with runners on?
  11. I swear the ump is just guessing at this point. Zero consistency on any part of the plate. Also, Descalso is just so awful.
  12. To be fair to the Cubs, I wouldn't necessarily call this a "misdiagnosis" because hairline fractures can be very difficult to discover. Sometimes a person doesn't even realize they have one or had one -- they just endure the pain (which can vary from moderate to severe). Nico probably started swinging the bat in light workouts and started noticing the pain from swinging in his wrist, but otherwise felt fine. This news sucks, but he should be fully healthy in like a month. Plenty of time left in the season at AA and we were never planning on calling him up this year. I also seriously doubt we'll include him in any trade package. That's the silver lining for me. Highly doubt he gets dealt for bullpen help now. I don't think dealing him was ever a realistic option. With Bryant,Baez, Contreras,etc. getting more expensive, they're going to have to replace people like Zobrist with cheap talent.
  13. I'd be okay with this selection. The tools are all elite (except the hit tool obviously) and he has a chance to stick in CF. I'd hope the Cubs' coaches and instructors could help improve his swing and unlock his full potential. If he was hitting in conference play there is NO way we have a chance at him. I'm on the other end of the spectrum. For me hit tool is the single most important one and needed to play up the others. Unrelated, but damn Carter's stock is in free fall after going 8th last year.
  14. Just about 70 pitches through 3. I'm about ready to see what Clifton can do.
  15. First Darvish start I've watched and 1/3 of his pitches are nowhere near the zone. I didn't realize it was this bad.
  16. Wainwright getting a really generous strike zone.
  17. It's not even January and I'm about done with this 2019 season.
  18. Anibal Sanchez to the Nats on a 2/19. After looking like the career might be over, he turned in a super solid 2018 and should be another excellent piece in a dominant Washington staff .
  19. That's true, but hearing and seeing Bryce Harper and Eloy Jimenez all over the daily media would be frustrating, especially if the Cubs struggle. Agreed. The Sox farm system is loaded. If Eloy becomes the stud he's projected to become, it'll be painful. I doubt Bryce signs with them though - the league is littered with can't miss prospects. I'm not so sure it really is. Eloy is the only potential star in the mix. Kopech and Cease are both more likely to end up pen arms then starters. Moncada is putting up Russell numbers without the defense and position.
  20. I'm curious how it is a worse squad. The only person on offense who should decline based on age would be Zobrist. Rotation is nominally stronger with the addition of Hamels. I was thinking more along the lines of the pen being worse. Morrow is already injured and should Darvish not be ready for opening day then you lose Montgomery as well. The pen gets gross real fast.
  21. I'll side with Theo until proven wrong, but man it would look bad that with all this MLB talent hitting the back half of their team control and all these new revenue streams that the Cubs will be arguably sending a worse squad out opening day 2019 then they have the last 2 to 3 years.
  22. Too injury prone to lead a rotation.
×
×
  • Create New...