Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Yourself right they aren't the answer, but they're one hell of a lot better than Trubisky
  2. Negative total yards going into half. I'm not sure a Bear team has ever done that.
  3. 13 total yards with less than 5 to go in the half. What does this team have to do to get this QB benched and the coach fired?
  4. I’m not going to defend Mitch but you act like there’s hidden QB talent on the sidelines or something and you know darn well there isn’t. I'm willing to give anyone other than Trubisky a chance.
  5. Yup, good thing he wasn't benched.
  6. With Nagy’s play calling? How is a different QB going to help So because the playcalling is bad we should stick with the completely inept QB?
  7. There is just no way you can let Trubisky come out for the 2nd half. This game should be a blow out.
  8. Just for fun, what I'd like to see Theo do Release/Non-tender: Russell Descalso Almora Phelps Options: Pick up Graveman's option(+3M) FA: Jason Kipnis 1/5, he made a swing change back in mid June and after that point put up a .262/.325/.477 103wRC+ in 314PAs Gerrit Cole 7/230 Will Harris 1/6 Akiyama 3/21 Trades: Quintana to LAA for Brandon Marsh (-11.5M) Brandon Marsh+Alzolay+Underwood for Starling Marte(+11.5M and 12.5M option in 2021) C:Contreras 1B:Rizzo 2B:Kipnis SS:Baez 3B:Bryant LF:Schwarber CF:Marte RF:Heyward Bench: Bote,Happ,Hoerner,Caratini,Akiyama SP:Cole,Darvish,Hendricks,Lester,Graveman/Mills RP:Kimbrel,Ryan,Wieck,Wick,Chatwood,Harris,Hultzen I wanted Will Smith, but I don't think he goes somewhere he's not going to close.
  9. 1 year of Quintana isn't even coming close to bringing back a near MLB ready top 25 prospect, though I'd love for it to happen.
  10. I think you're going to be disappointed. Bryant is great but he's also going to make a lot of money and teams are more protective of their top prospects than ever before. I think we'd be lucky to get a guy like Fried as a headliner and maybe a package like Lucchesi+Urias+Cantillo as a return.
  11. It's an absolute joke MLB wont give these kids a livable wage.
  12. Javy Baez or we riot. Going to be hard to fill out the lineup card when you only know half the player's names.
  13. The Cubs are absolutely going to need guys like Nico who are super cheap to offset all the rising salaries. Unless he can land you a SP with some MLB success who is still inexpensive then i have no interest in moving him. You can't have guys at every position making millions and millions.
  14. Yup. Playing the entire 4th like you were running out the clock was a great plan.
  15. Getting too conservative too early.
  16. Not sure what the hell that was.
  17. I think one of Loretta/Ross are most likely, but Johnson/Beltran are my favorites.
  18. Way way too much. Machado got nowhere near that kind of package.
  19. Why would we trade 2 years of Bryant for one of Betts?
  20. Explain to me why we would move Schwarber. The guy puts up a .958 2nd half OPS with a 22.2K% on a .246 babip good for a 139wRC+. People are clamoring to throw 4 years and 60M at Castellanos, but want to move a cheaper Schwarber. I don't get it.
  21. Even if he somehow only gets a short sentence, I can't see MLB ever allowing him to step on the field again. Pretty huge blow to the Pirates.
×
×
  • Create New...