Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. 26 year old I AAA in the LV launching pad. Not awful, but I would have preferred someone young even in A ball with upside.
  2. Definitely provides better depth than Holtz/Horsted if Graham or Kmet were to get hurt. Is cutting Graham an option to open up money for other positions? Not sure where his contract is at.
  3. I don't get how BA and the Athletic get by using pay walls in a market that seems to be shrinking.
  4. Hey Toyota, where was that semblance of social responsibility when it came to political donations?
  5. Imagine being a horrible enough person that you demand another 4 million dollars because the husband that you cheated on took a leave from work due to the stress that you created by cheating on them. That's a next tier trash move.
  6. Can we hurry up with the trade deadline so I can go back to ignoring this awful team?
  7. So it took 9th inning heroics yesterday not to lose a series to the dbacks. Is there anyone left who doesn't think selling is the way to go?
  8. Deleted. Care to share? Steven A. Smith stating it was bad for baseball that its best player needed an interpreter in interviews and other xenophobic nonsense.
  9. No bargain basement 10k senior signs yet, a bit surprising.
  10. I always love what the Blue Jays do in the draft.
  11. Now if the Yankees will just take Fabian off the board too.
  12. I don't think there is one even slightly realistic scenario that would make me excited about the up and coming season.
  13. I'm praying they don't give up any good prospects to try and fix this dumpster fire
  14. I'm ok with anything where I have one less reason to go downtown, even if traffic is going to be a nightmare.
  15. I'm more concerned with CB at the moment.
  16. Imagine a sport making their #2 player in the world have to choose to take an extended break from the sport rather than just give them a brief reprieve from doing interviews and letting them continue to play. Nicely done WTA. Even worse is the sports writers with a vested interest supporting the WTA's approach.
  17. Orioles have now lost 14 in a row, two thirds of the way to the MLB record of 26.
  18. The Orioles have managed to reach special levels of awful after a hot start. They've now lost 18 of their last 20 games.
  19. What does it take to Land Means from Baltimore? He has lots of years of control and the peripherals are good. Could it get done without Brennen Davis or Ed Howard?
  20. We can hope he continues his torrid pace, driving up value. I have no idea what a return would look like but with a hard 7/31 trade deadline (ie no more 8/31 non waiver), this could speed up the process as well as the return. If the Cubs keep him for the remainder of the season and lose him, not sure how valuable the comp pick is vs the return they get in a trade. Sadly I wouldn't expect much of a haul now that it's only going to be half a season. Maybe a Many Machado type return. A guy in the bottom third of the top 100, a lottery ticket, an upside guy with injury history and a relief prospect. I'd guess something like a Matt Allen led package if it was the Mets. Francisco Alvarez and Ronny Mauricio would definitely not be on the table.
  21. With the turnover on the OL, I'd want to see them prove that the QB wont get killed before I put the hope of my franchise out there. Especially since most write ups said Fields holds the ball for longer than most.
  22. It looks like the only realistic way they open up enough money to pick up a quality CB is if they extend Robinson. I'd think he'd be more open to that with the addition of Fields and a few young linemen. How different things would be if they had kept Fuller and not signed Dalton with that money.
  23. On the bright side, Bryant and Kimbrel are doing everything in their power to increase their trade values and speed up the inevitable rebuild.
  24. Amazing they get Jones without a trade.
×
×
  • Create New...