Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Honestly watching match play is the only thing that I really get excited for anymore, so as long as everyone can participate in the majors(looking doubtful) I don't think much is lost.
  2. Just checking, but people are only mad because of who owns the LIV right? If it wasn't owned by people with horrendous human rights records, no one would have an issue right?
  3. Completely realistic for a 46 year to be shredded like that with zero chemical assistance.
  4. Ten games into the season when the Cubs were 6-4, I almost started thinking that maybe they weren't terrible and could fluke their way into 80 wins. After going 17-35 over the next 52, I can assuredly say they have a top 4 pick coming. I'm not confident this team wins 60 games, especially after they lose Contreras and more.
  5. When does DJ Herz get a bump up to AA? We're at 56 innings, between 2021/22, where he given up 28 hits, 14 ER, while striking out 86. I think it's time.
  6. Don't worry, the Cubs are going to be big spenders next year. That's the new mantra every year. They'll come up with some excuse about not acquiring any of Devers, Correa or Turner then either overpay for Dansby Swanson and try and say he's just as good at a fraction of the price or they'll say Nico is our guy and there's no need to get another SS.
  7. Prior, Strasburg and Price were the three pitching debuts that I really recall as being must see events.
  8. I don't see that kind of trade happening and I'm pretty sure Contreras gets moved before Robertson. Jed will probably wait till closer to the trade deadline to maximize the return on Robertson. We've seen teams give up some really good prospects for relief help, and Robertson might be the best available reliever this year (on a very affordable contract). I could see a potential match between the Mets and Cubs in a trade for Contreras. I don't think we have much interest in Dom Smith. We did have interest in Mark Vientos last year in a larger deal for KB and some additional pieces, but the Mets weren't interested in doing that. I'm not sure if Vientos is capable of playing 3B well, and if he isn't capable of playing 3B then that probably means LF. I don't think the bat is good enough for LF and he is a power-over-hit type prospect. I would rather target another team in a potential trade with a deep farm system like Cleveland/Tampa Bay. That Nelson Cruz trade is looking great for Minnesota and Joe Ryan looks like a steal. Tampa Bay has such a loaded farm system/40-man crunch that they need to address and this creates a good opportunity for the Cubs. They've also shown interest in Contreras in the past. I wonder if Seth Johnson and Wilcox is at all doable with some adjustments. Wilcox is coming off TJS so his value should be suppressed and Johnson has been a guy whose stuff has outpaced his production so far, but there's considerable upside.
  9. Baty and Alvarez just aren't realistic and I'm not sure that Mauricio is entirely realistic either. Personally I am not that high on Vientos. The power is there, but swing and miss is still a tremendous issue and as someone who values hit tool above all other tools, he's not my cup of tea. If I'm forced to make a deal with the Mets, which is less than ideal, then Alex Ramirez and Joel Diaz pretty much are a must for me and I'd probably ask for Allen too, but that's a crazy risky package given the injury to Allen and the age of the other two.
  10. So the White Sox are now 23 and 24 with a -46 run differential which is the 7th worst in baseball. The only thing saving them is that the 2nd and 5th worst run differentials also reside in the AL Central.
  11. Dooooo it dooooo it I'm all for being aggressive, but I'm not even slightly considering PCA who hasn't even touched A+ yet.
  12. If by some miracle Pete Nance chooses Illinois, they're solidly a top 15 squad if not top 10.
  13. This team is laughably terrible. 3 blown saves in 3 straight innings.
  14. Well at least I wont have to wonder how the Cubs have the 8th worst record in baseball with a positive run differential anymore.
  15. I'm well beyond the point of caring about wins, where I've actively started hoping the pieces the of the future do well, while they hard tank for a draft lottery spot that ultimately crushes my spirit.
  16. The rare occasion in which I get to say that Cub ownership isn't 100% complete and utter horsefeathers.
  17. While .451 is obviously not sustainable, we have to remember that he basically has all the attributes that result in higher than normal babip being sustainable over time. He's in the minors where the defense is not great, he's very fast, he's left handed and he has a very high LD%. .451 isn't going to happen, but I think .360 to .370 and even a bit more is completely realistic while in the minors.
  18. Only 3 games out from worst record in league, currently sitting in 4th.
  19. So he's going to make more in 10 years as a broadcaster than he will playing in the NFL for 23 (so far) years. Not to mention that he’s an insanely boring person with zero broadcast experience Can't be any worse than Chris Collinsworth. He just adds nothing of value to a broadcast. It's like if you put hundreds of sports clichés into a database, gave that database human form and had it set to spout a new cliché every 30 seconds.
  20. This is the one chance we have for Ricketts to fix things. Baseball isn't in a place where the Cubs are going to put 30K fans in the seats day after day with a miserable product on the field. He's going to have to be forced to realize that he has to invest money or interest in the team is going to keep dwindling and profit is going to keep declining.
  21. I didn't think competing was realistic this year, but I did think it was realistic next year. At this point I'd be surprised if they were competitive in 2024.
  22. I'd celebrate the high draft pick that's coming, but with the lottery even that is questionable.
  23. The Reds are on pace to go 20-142 with a -553 run differential.
  24. I am unimpressed
  25. yeah they see a violent straight white sex pest and immediately personalize his actions. but then 15 seconds later will be like "its not safe to be a white male!" Well no horsefeathers buddy! Imagine reading a news story about a murderer and then thinking, "cripes, it's like a guy can't even be a murderer these days!!!" Extreme example, but like you said, who the horsefeathers reads about what Bauer was accused of and what he admitted to and then worries that they might be next? Apparently waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more horsefeathering people than I want to even think about. What lies behind the persona people show out of their home is really really scary. The only difference is that now, due to a certain orange former president, people have stopped putting on their public persona and instead celebrate being the horsefeathers human being they really are while saying it's their right to do so without any societal repercussions.
×
×
  • Create New...