Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,121
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. I swear Seiya is 0-2 or 1-2 to start every at bat
  2. Mancini, all you had to do was not run directly into the 2B and there's no double play. Good god.
  3. Good move pending the prospects
  4. I'm 100% okay with light buying, it's actually my preferred method. I would not be ok with them going out and spending prospect currency on Hader/ERod, etc.
  5. I could be convinced to look at Burleson if it was for someone in the prospect 15 or below range. He has underperformed this year, but there's enough there to dream on.
  6. Let me have my illogical hate of the franchise that had a star that wanted to play for them and they all but said, "no thanks".
  7. They'll give him an offer, it will just be about 5 years shorter than the rest of the offers.
  8. This sounds very similar to 2017 and 2018 where they didn't want to go deep into luxury tax territory because they wanted to be able to make a big move later. Then Harper was available and they did a big nothing.
  9. Good get on both sides. Cleveland gets the bat it badly needs. TB gets a solid starter.
  10. Depending on the cost, I could have some interest in Ty France. He's having a down year, but posted a 126 and 130 wRC+ the last 2 years. He doesn't have the usual 1B pop, he's more in the 15-20 HR range, but strong bat to ball skills. He's not a FA until 2026. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/07/mariners-willing-to-listen-to-trade-offers-on-ty-france-teoscar-hernandez.html
  11. Sometime after tonight's game because, though I do not agree with it, I think it's still very much on the table for Hoyer to do some light selling if they lose.
  12. Yup, otherwise he'd be far too valuable to be a third piece. His stuff is fantastic in the time he's healthy.
  13. ah yes, "saving their powder" , I feel like I've heard this a few times.
  14. Kjerstad is a great second piece, Hall is a take it or leave it for me. Cade Povich or Seth Johnson would have more appeal.
  15. I think he provides better bang for your return as well. He's not quite as good as Bednar, though xFIP and xERA like him more, He only comes with one year of additional control so he's a FA in 2025, but the price is likely significantly less. Seattle wants bats so I wonder if you could get him for Caissie and another like Roederer.
  16. If I'm Seattle that has got to be one significant plus and maybe even two.
  17. He'd be a secondary piece. If I'm guessing, the Pirates are probably asking for something like Alcantara, Wicks and Ferris which isn't unreasonable, but I'd much rather use that elsewhere.
  18. I'm just dreading the absolute worst option, which is the do nothing option. If you think they have a shot at the playoffs then add a few pieces even if they're cheap pieces that aren't huge upgrades. If you think they're not a playoff team then sell, but do not do absolutely nothing.
  19. I'm pretty sure there's not a single prospect or player on the big league team that you like, because all you do is act like everyone of them is horsefeathers.
  20. Fangraphs prospect work has become absolutely terrible. This is the same publication that has James Triantos as the #2 prospect in the system.
  21. This ranks real high on the most unenjoyable nsbb threads
  22. I can't imagine being an Oriole fan right now. They're on the cusp and they just aren't doing anything despite having a historically loaded farm/ young mlb talent base.
  23. Anytime now Jed, there's like 36 hours left.
×
×
  • Create New...