Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,120
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. Bednar comes through this time or not and espn lied to me
  2. The fact that Seiya is up to an .807 OPS, 118 wRC+ and 2.5 fWAR is just crazy. Since his return to an everyday player on August 11th we're looking at 99 PAs of .344/.394/.678, 8.1 BB%, 14.1 K% and a 184 wRC+.
  3. Morel, Amaya, Wisdom are all hard struggling, this might be a low offensive output day. Hopefully Bellinger and Seiya can keep carrying.
  4. He's mashing no doubt, but if he wants a long MLB career he's going to need to take some walks. Between A+ and AA, he's just over 4% which is pretty awful. Comparatively, even Nico has a 6.7 BB%
  5. I do like this move a lot, but man the Cubs are going to have a lot of walk machines in Cuas, Palencia and Little.
  6. Already got a series win, but a sweep would have me feeling OK even if they split the Arizona series.
  7. I know it shouldn't matter that much, but man would I feel so much better about things if they had closed out the 2nd game and taken 3 of 4 from Cincy.
  8. This umpire has decided that anything within 2 inches of any part of the plate is a strike
  9. Seiya is just a completely different hitter
  10. B is definitely San Diego, A is probably one of Detroit/Washington/Pirates and I'm not sure on C so I'll guess the Mets based on run differential, but I don't remember them being that far under .500 so I'm probably wrong.
  11. Stay healthy, start 2024 in AAA with a shot at moving into the rotation 2 or so months into the season.
  12. The 8th and 9th innings were the most nervous a Cub game has had me in probably 5 years.
  13. From what I saw, everyone but Teven Jenkins is ready to go for week 1.
  14. For a team that almost certainly has to get 2 starters next year, even if they picked up Kyle's option, losing Steele for anything more than a couple weeks would be really bad.
  15. A chance to bury Cincy and Arizona coming up too
  16. About the ugliest way you can take 2 of 3 from a division leader, but I'll take it every time. Now just don't give it back in Cincinnati.
  17. I can't wait to hear the justification for taking Merryweather out at 14 pitches when you've already let him start a 2nd inning and he's cruising.
  18. Smyly and Taillon will still be on the cubs, sigh
  19. I don't get why Dominique Robinson is still on the squad. He has shown basically no improvement so far.
  20. Please win this game and then go to Cincy and bury their wildcard hopes. I hadn't realized the Cubs have a chance to really put big distance between themselves and most of the other WC contenders in the next couple weeks. 4 against the Reds, 3 against the Giants and 4 against the DBacks. 7-4 please and thanks.
  21. If the Cubs realistically want a shot at the division, this is pretty close to a must win. They can't be 5 games back with 31 games to go and expect to make up that much ground unless something very unexpected happens. With that said, for general playoff purposes, there is far less pressure on this game now that the Cubs are a game and a half clear of Arizona and 2.5 clear of the Reds.
×
×
  • Create New...