Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,119
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. It would honestly be about as bad a decision as possible for baseball.
  2. I love that people at the winter meetings basically have no idea what's going on with Ohtani, but a popular answer for where he's going recently has been back with the Angels.
  3. Seeing that 3B is almost completely lacking in interesting options, I wonder what kind of package it would take to get TB to give up Glasnow+Paredes. If you use the trade calculator Paredes takes a massive haul to land, but I wonder if that's reality since he only has 1 really good year. If it's something like Alcantara+Wicks+Triantos I'd pull the trigger, but the trade calculator is thinking they'd have to add Shaw+Caissie too which seems crazy.
  4. Yes he can make good money staying in school, but he's also adding tremendous risk of injury/underperformance that could cost him 10s of millions in next year's draft.
  5. A QB I've never heard of just put up 354 Passing yards on 32-37. My inner Bear fan is weeping.
  6. I'd almost be surprised if Glasnow isn't a Cub at this point.
  7. Well this is incredibly ominous. Let's make up for missing on an elite player by throwing lots of money at much worse ones.
  8. This was the rumored ask from the Yankees and did not include 2 other unnamed prospects
  9. Zero interest in Soto based on the current asking price. They'd have to cut it in like half.
  10. Watch, after all this, we're going to find out 2 months from now that the Cubs's interest was nothing more than an inquiry phone call and they never even made an offer.
  11. Yeah, this almost definitely puts an end to that speculation
  12. Well this is a new one
  13. I didn't think it was possible to have a team I wanted Ohtani to go to less than the Dodgers.
  14. Drove me crazy to listen to Colinsworth act like Love made that 4th down throw on purpose. The guy threw up a prayer because an INT was as good as a punt and got crazy lucky.
  15. Caleb Williams isn't playing in USC's bowl game either.
  16. That Miley deal was a steal. 7M in 2023 with a mutual option in 2024 for 12M and a 1.5M buyout. He does have some escalators built into the contract based on IP and if he's traded.
  17. Wade Miley back to the Brewers on a 1 year deal and they also signed Joe Ross to a major league deal.
  18. Can you imagine the disaster scenario if MHJ and Williams stayed in school? At that point, Maye is pretty much a lock to go #1 and someone is going to have to take a swing at Nix in the top 5.
  19. Yeah, I'd guess under 20 total points scored in that game. It's going to be a disaster.
  20. They basically have to either draft a WR with their 2nd round pick or go out and get one in free agency. Drafting a QB #1 overall and giving him the corpse of Adam Thielen as a #1 WR is just stupidity.
  21. Kyle McCord has entered the transfer portal and wont be playing in Ohio State's bowl game.
  22. Going to the Braves would be equivalent to when the Miami Heat added Wade,Bosh and Lebron for me. It more or less killed my interest in the sport going forward.
  23. I have severe doubts he's willing to go through a long rebuild process. I'd bet he's retiring after this year
  24. It's because I said I don't know that I'd feel comfortable signing him for 2 years at 20 a year let alone the 5/100+ he's projected to get. It seems insane to me to give that type of a commitment to a guy who absolutely sucked the vast majority of 2023.
×
×
  • Create New...