Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Tryptamine

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    16,118
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Tryptamine

  1. PCA 0-2 again 6 pitches seen, 2 strikeouts
  2. Last five Cub games 12K, 14K, 8K, 13K, 11K and 6K through 3 IP tonight.
  3. I know he just got to AAA, but given the Cubs dire need for offense, if he continues this I wonder if we seem him by the end of July.
  4. I swear to god the entire umpire's union hates Seiya.
  5. Yeah, a 12 fWAR career player is like Howard's 99th percentile outcome at this point. Even reaching a Miles Mastrobuoni career is unlikely for him.
  6. So, are we expecting the Bulls to sit on their hands during the draft and just hope someone falls to them at 11?
  7. I think Jed's fault, with the offense anyway, was he didn't realistically evaluate the chances of a repeat performance. Bellinger was playing at an MVP pace out of nowhere, Seiya was a top 5 bat in all of baseball after returning from his benching, 35 year old Gomes had a big surge in 2023 coming off a 73 wRC+, etc. The reality is, in order to reach that level of offense in 2023, they had a lot of likely unsustainable performances. They were always an average to slightly below average offense and now this year paired with some bad luck, they're really bad.
  8. The guy is coming off a 4.2 and 4.5 fWAR season and while he's not been as good this year, I still think he'd net a significant haul given they'd get him for 2.5 years at a very team friendly contract. I'm certainly not saying yes straight up.
  9. The truth of the matter is that this team desperately needs to hit on Shaw/Caissie/Ballesteros. If they whiff, this is going to be a very mediocre team for a very long time.
  10. Usually yes, but how is Baltimore going to put all of Holliday/Basallo/Mayo on the field? Westburg is manning 3B and on pace to put up a 4.5fwar season. Henderson has SS and is one of the game's elite young talents. I mean sure Holliday could go to 2B, but what about Basallo/Mayo/Kjerstad/Norby? They have Rutschman at C, Mountcastle is putting up a 125 wRC+, Santander is putting up a 127 wRC+, O'hearn is putting up a 128 wRC+ too. They're just so ridiculously loaded with bats that they almost have to move a few prospects to get value or you end up burying them as bench players.
  11. The inability of the pen to throw strikes is just a complete failure as an organization. What's more is we've actively seen some of the relievers who were clearly scared to throw strikes. Last week it was Wesneski, a day or two after it was Neris and last night it was Smyly. Their 4.47 BB/9 is the 3rd worst in the majors and if we look at it since the start of June it's 5.43 which is dead last by a mile. The 2nd worst is 4.65.
  12. It all depends on the return for me. If it's overwhelming near MLB talent then I take the chance because this team needs bats in the worst way. Like if Baltimore comes at me and says something crazy like here's Holliday and Basallo/Mayo. I'm taking that.
  13. I know it's not rational, but if I'm Counsell I'm telling Smyly right now that he will never throw another pitch as long as I'm the manager.
  14. I actively hope Smyly blows this for that walk.
  15. Tie game because of the walk. Nice job you horsefeathers idiot.
  16. Walks the man into a sac fly tying the game.
  17. Meanwhile Jed is clamoring about answers coming from inside the organization, while Bigge sits in AAA.
  18. I'm having a hard time placing a value on Bellinger. I think it's probably 50/50 at this point if he opts out. If he doesn't opt out, I'm not sure he has positive value at all. If he does opt out he has decent value. Maybe a 45 guy. Depending on how much the Cubs eat, it make bring a good secondary piece too.
  19. Yeah if Tibbs and Moore are gone, I'd be fairly disappointed. I'd still have no issues with Cam Smith or Yesavage, but I prefer the other two. By the way, I'll be kind of shocked if Honeycutt lasts until #22.
  20. This '24 class is loaded. Illinois already had #24 Morez Johnson coming, they recently added 1st round draft talent Kasparas Jakucionis and now they're adding Riley who was the #11 in the '25 class but is reclassifying to '24. I can't recall the last time Illinois added this much premier talent. They've also already got a '25 commitment from #33 Jeremiah Fears.
  21. I just read he left his 2nd start in a row early with undisclosed arm discomfort. Also, Kikuchi is the perfect pitcher to pick up if you're chasing Soto. He'd be on a short term deal and the upside is there, but there's enough uncertainty where you could probably get him on a 3/45 or 2/36 deal.
×
×
  • Create New...