Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Brian707

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    7,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Brian707

  1. wait what To be fair to the Diamonbacks they had to play the 90 win Rockies and 89 win Padres 19 times each. Meanwhile the Cubs played in the NL Central. I wouldnt say that the Cubs were "on paper" better than Arizona. It is debatable who was better on paper. The only team the Cubs were far and away better than "on paper" of the last 4 playoff losses was the 2008 Dodgers.
  2. Or the 2007 Diamondbacks
  3. Not sure if the 2003 Marlins were on paper worse than the Cubs.
  4. Registration for the NLDS has now ended, would have to imagine the drawing and sale should happen in the next few days.
  5. Both the Bears and Cubs should get wins today,
  6. How did Almora horsefeathers up? Game day just said La Stella singled but Almora was out at second?
  7. In order of preference for 1st round opponent, I would like it Cardinals, Giants, then Mets
  8. So the magic number to clinch HFA until the WS is 11 I think. Considering the Cubs own the tiebreaker on Washington
  9. I think he has one more left in him during the WS clinching game
  10. We're not worthy. Scott Darling's new mask http://1.cdn.nhle.com/blackhawks/images/upload/2016/09/darlingmaskinstagram.jpg
  11. I don't really do twitter but I hope he is getting roasted for that.
  12. Ha. Game 5 of the World Series is going for >$3400(SRO) http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-cubs-tickets-cubs-vs-tbd-10-30-2016/event/9657027/?sort=price+asc
  13. I might have to do that for WS game 5(the clincher). So if the game isn't played I would get my $150 back? If I am reading it correct You wouldn't. I see now, it's a gamble Id be willing to make.
  14. I might have to do that for WS game 5(the clincher). $150 but if the game isn't played you are out? horsefeathers
  15. Yeah but their records reflect all the powerhouses they play in the AL. If the White Sox played in the NL Central they would be a 90 win team
  16. Not sure if this is the right spot but for all of you fellow non season ticket holder peons, you can now register for the postseason ticket lottery at cubs.com
  17. http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/Cards/Baseball/298/298-23Fr.jpg
  18. So he was equally shitty for both teams. Edited I read that wrong
  19. So Tripp Gibson was the First Base ump in the 3-2 loss to the Diamonbacks earlier this year when Joe got tossed. I was at that game, Jake's first loss since last year. What a frustrating game that was. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-joe-maddon-ejected-cubs-bits-spt-0606-20160605-story.html
  20. Yes this! It took me way longer realize there wasn't at least a connection between the two than I'd like to admit. Yeah I thought in the offseason he worked behind the counter at the Howard Johnson by my house
  21. Jerome Walton too.
  22. cubs fans haven't been let down too many times. they have lacked opportunities to be let down Let down as in are rarely worth watching until recently. Decades-long fans have had the hope beat out of them I was let down in 1984 and again in 2003. But to get worried about those years or any other year is foolish. The past has nothing to do with what will happen this year. If they don't win it this year, it won't because of the past or black cats or Leon Durham or whatever other pixie dust people want to come up with. That's what I tell some Cub fans and Cub haters alike who keep bringing this sort of nonsense up. The reality is, they have just plain sucked for years upon years and haven't had too many opportunities to win it all, as others here have said
×
×
  • Create New...