Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Brian707

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    7,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Brian707

  1. Buy it yourself, save the receipt, in July return the birthday gift unopened for store credit.
  2. I have the 8 Disc Blu Ray, and I have watched the 5 victories from start to finish with Pat and Ron( Haven't watched the 3 losses) There are a few spots where you don't get sound right away or after a new inning begins you get Pat in mid sentence but the game action is synced really well. You also have to remember Fox or FS1 often times came back after commercial right as the first pitch began thanks to them squeezing in as much advertising as possible. It is really worth the money $50 on Amazon right now. I paid $79 I think from Fanatics. As for the two disc set, I have it but have not watched it, I do believe the 2nd disc is a digital copy.
  3. Cubs WS Champions license plate holder Fly the W book Picture of the final out framed. WS trophy ornament
  4. I thought the last show was January 5th?
  5. This will be great! Does Matusz get a WS ring?
  6. Yeah when I started watching the Bears in the mid 80's the Bears I think lost maybe 2 times to the Packers until like 1991, the series lead was probably 30 games. So in the ensuing 50 games the Bears have to be like 10-40 since.
  7. I believe this will be the 2nd coldest game in Soldier Field history.
  8. Scott Darling's Winter Classic vs St Louis goalie mask
  9. 39,640 for me Was it just updated? I could have sworn I was around 43000 last summer
  10. I wish the Blackhawks did this. I have been on their waiting list for 7 years and they have a 99.6% renewal rate. In my section I have partial season tickets, scalpers bought up rows of tickets just before the 2009 winter classic, none of those people ever set foot in the United Center.
  11. Could it be that tickets were sold twice for some games? Like you sold the Electronic copies on Stubhub and the paper tickets someone else tried to use? The Bears booted my friend for this, it wasn't even his fault(although he was stupid) He sold tickets via Ebay and sent the electronic copy to the buyer, the buyer came back and said please also mail me the hard copy for a souvenir, the guy sold both copies.
  12. Mine shipped Saturday from Fanatics and is due to be delivered Wednesday. It's sitting in Wheeling, Illinois since last night. Someone over at Reddit already go theirs and said you can watch each game with the Pat and Ron radio feed
  13. That was pretty good, and Costas only spoke at the very beginning for a few seconds.
  14. Why wouldn't it be home game one? And, yeah, I imagine they'll be insanely gaudy. I thought I read someone post on this board that the rings aren't being handed out until game 2?
  15. I think ring night is home game 2.
  16. Amazon has the digital for $20
  17. No, but I don't think there are any other good options. Someone should make one. P.S. I'm debating looking into making an online marketplace that puts sth in direct contact with buyers, not unlike something similar to Let go, but not app based, skipping the middle man. Lots of logistics, but it could be worth exploring. Could you create a email group here? I would love to join as a buyer. No fees for either party If you get a group of say 20 people for example and the Reds are in town you could say I have 4 tickets in Sec XXX row XX $100 each Selling either 2 or 4 tickets
  18. I would think they can next year, even with the 20% increase. The Hawks tickets kept increasing since 2010 around 20%, to the point where profits by STH's now in 2016 barely make a profit. In 2010 upper level $300s were $12 and could be sold for $75 a ticket on average. Now those tickets are $65 and resale is still around $75. Not much profit to be made. I see the same thing happening to the Cubs as they continue to win the World Series eventually if tickets continue to go up 20% the profit margin will dry up. The real money to be made by Cubs STH will be the playoffs down the road
  19. I ordered the same for my son and it was delivered Monday before Thanksgiving, and a second one I did not order arrived the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. The 2nd one had my address on the label but the packing slip had someone who lived outside of Green Bay. I emailed them saying I wanted to return it, but they said they would charge the guy from Green Bay a return fee so I just kept it. They seem to be all screwed up with orders.
  20. I have watched this 3 times this weekend. Really liked it and the hour documentary afterward. Well done. Now I just have to wait for the 8 Disc WS full game + NLCS game 6 to arrive. I only wish they got rid of the losing WS games, and added NLDS game 4, and maybe NLCS game 1.
  21. I've watched the final out on my DVR every night before I go to bed since it happened.
  22. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/11/29/boers-its-time-to-say-goodbye/ Here is his retirement article. Listening to his speech yesterday sure makes it sound like he is dying and really hopes he can even make it to January 5th.
×
×
  • Create New...