Jump to content
North Side Baseball

Brian707

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    7,583
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    4

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by Brian707

  1. Not to bring it up again but while watching game 7 at home, I almost puked up my Italian Beef and copious amounts of beer after the Raji Davis HR. I haven't been to too many memorable Cubs games, both playoff games I went to (Dodgers in 08, Dodgers in 16) were duds, I guess the Aramis HR vs the Phillies to complete the comeback in 2008. A bunch of random games from the early 80s to now. Other sports: Bears 2006 NFC Championship game and 2010 Championship game(sucked) Bulls 1998 ECF game 7 vs Indiana Blackhawks: 2010 SCF game 5, 2013 SCF game 5, 2010 1st round game 5 vs Nashville with Kane tying it with 9 seconds left short handed, and Hossa coming out of the box for the winner in OT
  2. I won the ticket lottery to buy tickets for the NLCS. I had to go with NLCS game 2 rather than 6 because of a stupid horsefeathering wedding
  3. A road Cubs game
  4. I thought he jumped the gun a bit bringing in Lester when he did - Hendricks was pitching fantastically and had by all rights struck out the batter that ultimately reached base and led to his removal. But Kipnis was up and the game was relatively close, so it's a more than excusable move. . He had Lester warming up earlier in the game and I'm guessing he had to bring him in when he did otherwise Lester wouldn't be able to come in later after warming up. I wonder how it would all have turned out if the batter was rightfully called out in the bottom of the fifth?
  5. Maddon over managed game 6 and game 7, they won both games. I will give him a pass obviously because they won the horsefeathering WS for the first time since the Teddy Roosevelt administration. I think this has been discussed enough by the media, and Joe handled it well at the time and I don't blame him for growing tired of the same questioning 4 months later.
  6. Another Hat Trick for Kane. Game last night was fantastic, would love to see these teams meet in June.
  7. I believe that happened last year with the Hawks and Blues
  8. This article LOL If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.
  9. Had 75 VWR windows open but did not get in until 10:05. Tried for opening day and the Ring Night. No luck
  10. Me too. I last bought the game in 2012 on PS3. Why did I buy an Xbox one?
  11. Reminds me of the NHL.
  12. [bbvideo=560,315]https://www.facebook.com/eric.cea/videos/10158176895990057/[/bbvideo]
  13. I think as a kid I only saw the Expos or Phillies, but in the 80's they came to Wrigley 9 games a year
  14. Is Trump running the Bears?
  15. This.. Sadly next year they will be congratulated by President Pence.
  16. So it's ok for him to be away from his mother-in-law to spend a couple days in Chicago for the Convention but not to visit the White House? Gordon Wittenmyer said he left the convention early, so I don't think Jake was full of horsefeathers for his reason not to go to the White House
  17. I don't do twitter. What are people saying?
  18. It will move over to CSN + at 530 due to the Hawks game. I went in 2004 and 2006 back when it was still at the Hilton. Good times, but a lot of old ladies from Iowa. I bet it will be a total shitshow this time.
  19. Never been to Vegas, but we went through Reno as a kid and stayed at Circus Circus, and I remember loving the arcade there. Thus ends my Circus Circus story. When we go to Vegas we always would stay at this awful hotel/casino called the riviera - long story, but basically they let us stay for free as long as we wanted. Anyway, Im watching the new Bourne movie and he crashes a car right into the horsefeathers casino there! I was like wtf. Then I googled it and it turns out they had to destroy the Riv so they let Bourne trash it for his movie. EDIT: I forgot the reason I told this story is because the Riv was right next to circus circus. First time I went to vegas, my friend (a portly dude) was like "we gotta go to circus circus once so you can eat the $1 footlong hot dogs!" he was so lit it was hilarious. We get there and they've replaced the hot dog stand with a subway. He was so mad I found him sitting down at a virtual dog-racing game yelling at the video game dogs. Oh yes I know and have had that Hot dog. It was from the Westward Ho, which is right next door to Circus Circus. It was nicknamed the "Ho" dog. It tasted like the 90 year old hot dog Kramer ate in Seinfeld at the old movie house. [bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwd6gztJTd8[/bbvideo]
  20. The Walking Dead I need to quit, but I just "hate" watch it. Is there a minimum run to qualify? I know there have been quite a few shows that I have watched that lasted a season or less and were canceled.
  21. Outside of Cook Co this is not really true. In my neighborhood just a guess but 90% of the people are right leaning. But half of them are disgusted by Trump(The educated ones)
  22. Well one canidate was like getting a paper cut, while the other was like getting kicked in the nuts 25 times in a row. In 4 years a lot of the Trumpsters will need to look in the mirror.
  23. LOL, was this the dinner? [bbvideo=560,315] [/bbvideo]
  24. Anyone know what casino they were married?
  25. On the 30th we will be just as far away from game 7 vs Cleveland (58 days) as we are from game 1 of spring training vs Cleveland.
×
×
  • Create New...