Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Seriously, why don't people get this? It is not an accomplishment to build up the farm system when your only mandate is to build up the farm system. If all you do is lose, trim major league payroll and sell off veterans, it is inevitable that your farm system will go up. That isn't an accomplishment. An accomplishment is contending while at the same time maintaining a strong farm.
  2. They've been much worse for much longer than they were under previous ownership. Don't blame the tribune for Ricketts mess. They have owned the team outright for 4 full seasons now and nearly 5 total offseasons. This entire organization is a Ricketts organization, and the losses are on them. We're in a better place than what? Nobody asked him to flip a switch, but we are well past flip switching time. All this nonsense about how this team isn't a mess is a joke. The team is a mess. There is no argument to be made otherwise. They have won job, win major league baseball games, and they are terrible at that.
  3. I will probably have my daughter's wedding as a conflict by then anyway.
  4. I kind of have, but not as much as I thought. I think it helps that unlike last year's brief season, we've had several games against the other Original 6 teams. It is kind of weird that we are like the estranged Original 6 team stuck all the way out in the Western Conference. Rocky and McDonough pointed that out when it was announced and while I was hesitant to believe it would make up for it I think it clearly has. Plus, home and homes with all three NY area teams gives me an opportunity to attend more games.
  5. Poop I was this close to thinking this team would be worth following this year. Well, this is what happens when you put yourself in a 100 loss hole. It's tough to wipe the stink of that off the entire organization. People lose their jobs, guys want out and others don't want to come.
  6. Is it really politics though? I feel like too much gets thrown into politics. This is more of a mental health issue.
  7. The playoffs are over.
  8. Believe in the inconsistencies?
  9. Everybody knows that is for anti-semitism/racist/homophobic comments and/or genitalia pictures.
  10. So, if I'm understanding it correctly, basically the first Tweet was his friend attempting to [expletive] with people because he thinks the Tanaka stuff is crazy. Next couple are him explaining that his drunk buddy Tweeted that. Allegedly. So this is the whole "my friend took my phone and tweeted that as a joke" taken to the most boring extreme.
  11. And square it off at the top (well, rectangle it off).
  12. Man I feel like Jimmy G would be a great fit for Trestman's offense....accurate, strong arm but doesnt throw the deep ball real well. Whats the consensus on his draft stock...3rd/4th round but trending up? Yep, that's about his grade right now. Could see him going bottom of the 2nd, but I don't think he gets out of the 3rd after this week is over. He's the perfect Trestman QB. Very quick release. He reminds me a lot of McCown, but much younger and more talented. Not sure how a QB with a quick release reminds you a lot of McCown. He's got a pitchers windup back there.
  13. But you are talking about putting up the average Joes in typical bare bones condos, while Tanaka will probably be put into a unit that would rent for $25k/month or even much more. True. But so far as whatshisnames point was, it's not an unheard of arrangement, and MLS is a hard-capped league run by former NFL guys, so it must not be a big deal in terms of rules. The bottom line is the $1000/month apartment for Johnny Backup can be accounted for rather easily in a cap. Leasing a condo that would rent for $35k/month for only $1 probably needs to be treated as an additional $35k/month of payment. But with that you are talking about $420k over a year.
  14. But you are talking about putting up the average Joes in typical bare bones condos, while Tanaka will probably be put into a unit that would rent for $25k/month or even much more.
  15. With football and hockey, but with baseball, it's a lot harder to say. Seems like there's just overall a lot more rumor-mongering and "inside info" that turns out to be wrong. Buster Olney maybe? Just go ahead and follow a handful of Chicago area media types, who will pass along anything of value anyway. Then use it to follow whatever peaks your interest outside of sports.
  16. He's either deciding now or has decided The (-_-;) at the end means he's nervous/anxious We know that he hates money or loves it or doesn't care about money and hates butts or loves them.
  17. If weather was ever going to play a part I sure am glad that the east coast is dealing with this now.
  18. I do like the idea of PATs being made slightly more difficult. Put it on the 15 and snap from there. Does the two point still start from the 2 and a half? Can you fake it from the 15? Is that one or two? I think you need to put the 2 point try closer, whether it remains where it is currently or not can be up for debate. A fake from the 15 would have to be a 2.
  19. Wait I can't do that all the time? ct, bringing the takes:
  20. I do like the idea of PATs being made slightly more difficult. Put it on the 15 and snap from there.
  21. I agree, I think it's ridiculous. I wonder if it is somehow motivated by a desire to reduce the money paid to kickers and long snappers. This year it appears the typical team attempted 41 or 42 XP and 30 or 31 FG. Obviously the emphasis is on the FG when it comes to hiring those guys, but if you have 40 less long snaps every year, and 40 less kicks, are teams going to emphasize their special teams specialists a little less?
×
×
  • Create New...