Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Top 100 picks losing playing time in one of their 4 years on their rookie contracts to players who either aren't very good or aren't part of this team's future, when the team should be rebuilding on defense. I get what you are saying, I just don't get why it upsets you when a rookie "loses" playing time to a superior veteran. The better player generally sees the field more in football.
  2. freaking Hendry
  3. or basketball
  4. To me, he'd be the only S on the roster that would be a shoe-in starter. I think he'd be the SS, with Conte and Mindy competing for starting FS. I'd personally would rather have a draft pick used on a S rather than sign a 30 year old who is going to be gone after 1-2 years. So if Ihedigbo prevents drafting a young S then im against it. Though, I guess you could still draft a guy and cut all or most of Steltz, M.D. Jennings and the other scrubs they signed. On a related note, its nice to go into the draft without any glaring holes in the starting lineup, but at some point, you gotta throw some guys right in there. You can't keep losing a year of development for your young players. And im sure it didn't help Bostic playing all camp, then sitting for 5 weeks. As I see it, the Bears need to draft a S, CB, DT, DE and maybe a LB in this draft. But as it stands right now, none of those picks would start. Not horrible until you realize they wouldn't stay over guys like Tillman, Ratliff, Young, Williams and Ihedigbo (if signed).....all guys over 30 and on very short term contracts. I don't really understand your concern on this matter.
  5. His last two bastards are of drinking age
  6. Is there a typo there?
  7. There's got to be some kind of north/North the poster joke/pun that can be made there I tried and had nothing.
  8. Kyle is going to be so impressed when he doesn't go north.
  9. If the cubs actually managed to win 81 games and not roll over for their opponents it wouldn't be so easy for the rest of the central to win 90.
  10. Gretzky was never going to get you anything.
  11. It's not really hand wringing as much as just the guy I'm least comfortable with.
  12. Patrick Mannelly ‏@PatrickMannelly 37m I guess we are a football school now. #Duke
  13. I got hit in the helmet a couple times but never the face, although I saw more than one ugly situation. The worst was a runner/1B collision at first base that involved the runner's teeth and the 1B's head.
  14. higher than it should be but no way it's above 60%.
  15. We aren't talking about a black/white situation. It's marginal setbacks that can incrementally harm a player's ultimate productivity.
  16. Yeah I'm not sure what he's saying there. Is he saying that Bickell has a knee injury now? or he had one? Bickell had a knee injury earlier.
  17. Shouldn't be too hard. http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26672422
  18. Depressing about Soler. Would hate that we missed out on Cespedes and Puig and threw our eggs into Soler (and Conception) basket only for him to disappoint. I wouldn't worry about the Soler hand-wringing in a season he played baseball for the first time in two years. Didn't he play in 2012? My concern about Soler is largely about the fact that he is already 22 and has played less than a season's worth of professional baseball (over 2 years) and missed a bunch of time and already has "I can retire on this and never think about caring for my children or my children's children" money. When you consider the normal failure rate of prospects and then add in the setbacks along the way already for Soler, it's a big uphill battle.
  19. was just going to say that. although this just makes it even more awkward in my opinion, since you bring attention to the matter with a transaction involving well known names before a release.
  20. It's really not that complex and the context is very much understood. The Cubs knew they could get away with losing a lot for multiple years because of the inherited brand value established over the years and instead of trying to build up the farm system while trying to succeed at the major league level, they chose to focus their efforts entirely on the farm system. Some people think that was the only way to do it and are totally cool with it. Others don't think that.
×
×
  • Create New...