Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Are you talking about the graphics that start the broadcast? I mean...my 7yo notices that stuff, but I could care less about it. I remember the mid 80's openings too, but that's because I was 7yo at the time. You were 7 throughout the mid-80's? Crazy.
  2. There's no way they asked the opposing manager to wear the home uni for the first pitch. The strategy of grooming a new generation of fans with free superstation access with very limited competition from other entertainment sources is no longer a viable business strategy and is pointless and silly.
  3. The Cubs don't want to pay him what he thinks he is worth and playing on a team that loses the majority of the time they play is depressing as hell.
  4. I love an onion on a burger, but a burger can absolutely stand on its own without an onion.
  5. What doesn't make sense? The Bears resigned Garza when they didn't know who would be available and what they could afford. Obviously the league doesn't view this guy as a starter otherwise he'd have a bigger contract. So the Bears lay low and get him late and cheap and he is a great backup. So now he's available in case Garza doesn't make it to game 1, or if he doesn't last the season. How does this not make sense? I'm guessing DLP wanted a long term deal and centers are undervalued right now. He's a starter. Well, he may have the ability to start, but the league valued him as a backup, considering the contract he signed.
  6. What doesn't make sense? The Bears resigned Garza when they didn't know who would be available and what they could afford. Obviously the league doesn't view this guy as a starter otherwise he'd have a bigger contract. So the Bears lay low and get him late and cheap and he is a great backup. So now he's available in case Garza doesn't make it to game 1, or if he doesn't last the season. How does this not make sense?
  7. The guy in the suit is a much MUCH bigger piece of [expletive] and fully deserves to be [expletive] with Ok sociopath.
  8. An athlete using humbled in a way that makes sense? Impressive
  9. Way to ruin the fun of a game with a boring fight. I guess stl wins that by default.
  10. Taillon getting tjs
  11. I know I can't expect contention yet, but can't I expect them to be better than the Phillies?
  12. well, that was a wacky bounce, but still not played well
  13. WGN TV? Because there is horrible crackling audio on mine. yeah, WGN. I don't have it up loud but can hear the voices fine, and when I did turn it up there was nothing weird.
  14. you have to assume anybody on the list at this point is done in terms of their chances to be a major league contributor.
  15. Well yeah, it won't be exactly the % of the valuation.
  16. While that's true for right now, the articles have mentioned the Ricketts wanting to make sure they maintain control into at least the "next generation". I'm not sure how it works anyways since it's owned by the trust, but my assumption is at the end of the day each Rickett right now has a ~23.75% stake and depending on how many kids they all have next in line, they want to be sure a couple family numbers couldn't jump ship so to speak and easily sell the club because ownership is so diluted. So maybe we'd only see up to about 20% or so depending on how they figure the numbers out or how the subsequent ownership is outlined in the trust docs. Well I was being a little facetious with the 49% comment, I doubt they actually do it that way. Right now they could theoretically sell a couple $60m chunks of 5% stakes in the company. There should not be much difficulty in maintaining control via the trust no matter how diluted the trust itself gets with offspring.
  17. If they are holding him out for shoulder/weather reasons that would not do any better.
  18. It's pretty standard stuff for opening day/home openers.
  19. Gotta be nice to have a reasonably priced flight over there. Every time I'm in Maui it's amazingly obvious who all the people from California are. humblebrag
  20. I really don't think selling a minority stake in the team is meaningful in any way. It's just smart business. They bought the thing for ~$800m and some value it at ~$1.2B, why not take a little off the top while maintaining complete control? If they are smart they will keep selling off up to 49% of the company as the price rises.
×
×
  • Create New...