Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Olt looks like he needs me to run to Duane Reade and pick up his eye drops.
  2. bad throw from catcher, clunky slide from Lake.
  3. Definitely, I thought he was going to consider eating it at first.
  4. He was safe live, and I believe even more safe in replay. Yankees announcers know he was safe.
  5. http://31.media.tumblr.com/b28555eb7d70ba45eac1c776ab8ada28/tumblr_mxmgofqCKd1sadq49o1_250.jpg
  6. Lots of ice here this morning, but the sun should have melted most. I guess the areas covered by shadow would be pretty nasty still though.
  7. i hope you're right bush league
  8. I am surprised that 2/5 is the among the worst for out of the zone contact.
  9. do I just pretend I have a long lunch tomorrow?
  10. That's funny! I will say this though, I have been to road games in both Nashville and Atlanta, and some Hawks fans decided to cheer. I along with most others did not out of respect for the home crowd as it was not the UC. Down south especially they feel its disrepectful They are more upset that they raise the wrong flag.
  11. Yeah the stout run defenders don't do much for me. That's because it's not 1998 anymore. "Hello - we all weigh over 300 lbs. " - Geno Atkins / Haloti Ngata / Vincent Wilfork / Jay Ratliff / Randy Starks / Linval Joseph / Michael Brockers / Kevin Williams / Marcel Dareus / Ndamukong Suh / Nick Fairley / Kyle Williams EDIT: My point is that if you are drafting a 1st or 2nd Rnd DT he should be able to stop and the run and collapse the pocket. Having smaller DT's that get pushed backwards were a big part of our problem last season. The problem with the DTs they had last year is they were 5th stringers and mostly garbage.
  12. It's the Yankees, and Jackie Robinson Day, so they will do whatever they can to get this game started at least. It's not raining here now. They can probably make a case that the heaviest rain will pass before it gets too late. I've been to 2 NYY games in the past couple years and both included extremely long rain delays. I'm guessing I will have to head out there and waste money on beer before leaving disappointed. But that would be the case regardless of the rain.
  13. Can't wait to sit in the rain to watch this tomorrow.
  14. Did all of the Braves want to fight Upton after he watched that HR? We know how much they hate that. He didn't seem to pause for long, and he sped up much quicker than most.
  15. Hendricks has 8 starts at Iowa. Giving him a full season to prove himself isn't going to hurt anything. Plus, if I'm understanding the contract situation correctly, the Cubs control Wada like a pre-arb player, so if he turns into something useful he'd be valuable as an end of rotation player himself, or as a trade commodity. Again. If the need arises mid-season and Hendricks (then with 20 starts) doesn't get the call, and Wada does, i'm gonna be pissed. We know what Wada is and that's a back-end guy. It's likely Hendricks is that too, but he should get the opportunity first. Just one man's opinion. Seems like something minor to be moderately annoyed with, not pissed. There's a lot more about this team worth being pissed at.
  16. You could be a good judge, but maybe not an aggressive spender, or you worked for an owner that would not allow aggressive spending.
×
×
  • Create New...