Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I've definitely seen high praise for the guy by other writers within the past few months. They worship him like he was the Jeter of their industry.
  2. I always thought that girl was so sexy, even with her early 90's hairdo. Her smile in the scene where she makes the hockey goal is hot. and then she lost 30 pounds
  3. Reilly said without a hint of irony Why do writers think this guy is so good?
  4. Somewhere in the post-Super Bowl era the staple of the Bears offense on 3rd and longer than 5 was a handoff to Dennis Gentry for 4 yards.
  5. I think it was gil brandt that suggested it yesterday.
  6. I'd honestly rather never him involved with the team again than see a forced made up apology to appease the idiots. Anybody, whether it be Ricketts, Kenney, Theo, the media, any fan, who thinks Sammy owes them anything resembling an apology can eat a bag of schlongs.
  7. Oooooooo, I didn't hear about Sammy attacking an employee. When was this? Eh, I said "like". Just the "public apology for any previous transgressions, come back and be adored by fans" bit. F THE PUBLIC APOLOGY, it is an unnecessary made up requirement. Manny apologizing for assaulting an elderly man has nothing to do with Sammy.
  8. Oooooooo, I didn't hear about Sammy attacking an employee. When was this?
  9. And how much revenue could they possibly generate? Fans generally get excited about a kid the first week, but if the team is still out of contention then I don't think more than a tiny fraction of the fan base will actually watch/attend more games because these guys are around.
  10. #prayfortheo trending on twitter right now, good sign or bad?
  11. I don't see why it would be hard. They haven't cared about attendance in August and September for several years now, why would it make a difference this year?
  12. I was at a game for a corporate event, and it pretty much is a rooftop bar as is. There are about 35-40 seats/places to stand where you can actually see the game, and the rest of the crowd gets to watch on tv and listen to the crowd in the actual ballpark. I realize all the rooftops are not uniform in seats with views, but my experience is more bar than ball game. That was my experience when I went for a bachelor party, but it also snowed that day, so everyone was inside. With better weather the views were good at this one. If the team gets good, the rooftops want the lure of a some view to get fans outside the corp events and bachelor parties. If you knew going in there would be zero view, you'd be hesitant to book your event there, at least at the price you do now. Maybe you, specifically would. But I've been 2-3 times, all in good weather, and nobody paid a lick of attention to the game across the street. This would be even more true if it actually is a large group. And it is one of few options for a large group if that is the type of thing you want to do.
  13. Yes because boos at a pr event are meaningless. Pr only matters in very very very few instances. Not made up anniversary parties. People who prioritize PR image are generally the worst humans in the world. They don't matter.
  14. F turner and his bland college offense
  15. Q as harsh on versteeg as I've ever been
  16. Castro and Rizzo are fine. Sip the kool aid much? This team sucks, but what is wrong with those guys?
  17. Not when you realize he's striking out on purpose every once in a while just to keep pitchers thinking they can challenge him.
  18. That's a terrible comparison/analogy. It's sarcasm. Fear of boos is a stupid reason to do anything, and if that has anything to do with the Ricketts' reasoning, it's ridiculous. Not wanting boos at a PR event is ridiculous and stupid? Not really. If TT is right, it actually makes sense at least. A lot moreso than what we've been told. Uh, yeah it is ridiculous and stupid. That does not make any sense whatsoever, nor does it justify the stupid decision.
×
×
  • Create New...