Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. women with bodies that aren't mirror images of Justin Bieber?
  2. If any of these prospects turn out good they also will be bound to be expensive.
  3. Well, I had "waiter" in the uniform category too. So, chef would be in that category. Honestly, didn't know we had any actual chefs on here. Cooks, i could see, but not trained chefs. Congrats. Pretty cool job, IMO, that I always wished I had the ability to do. There are perks, but you had better REALLY enjoy cooking or you will be miserable. It is a serious commitment while making [expletive] money for the first several years. I don't love cooking now. But I think it's because I'm not very good at it. I do love the grill, and I'm working on getting better at that. But I love the thought of being responsible for some amazing food at my own restaurant. Bobby Flay may be my hero. I've been cooking professionally for 20 years and in New Orleans for 15. My 2 heroes are Rick Bayless and a much lesser known guy in Bill Smith. OMC may have heard of him since he has MS roots. He brings rural Southern cooking to restaurants with fine dining skill. It's very approachable, unpretentious yet awesome food, done REALLY well. http://www.crookscorner.com/smith.htm Where are you chefing at these days?
  4. No Smoking hot as in she looks like somebody who was hot but smoked too much and ruined themselves.
  5. Do you think Rizzo has his phone on the field retweeting all these #voterizzo tweets?
  6. Rumor has it he's about to sign for more than $6.5M. Between that, Kolek's $6M bonus, and Aiken's whole situation I'm pretty happy with Schwarber (currently sporting a .432/.510/.864 line across two levels) for $3.125M. I'm more than pretty happy, I love it.
  7. Of course - other fan bases now feel they can get Castro for pennies on the dollar because he is "expendable". When in fact that couldnt be farther from the truth. Not pennies, they think it will cost Syndergaard +
  8. Mets fans on my softball team were very inquisitive about Castro last night. They are pretty convinced he will be traded.
  9. That is the best thing I've ever seen.
  10. It's not really a "ter" sound, probably more of a light "tuh" with the accent on the CON. Instead of al contra it's more like al CON tura
  11. I appreciate people not blocking ads, actually. No can do; those scripts gotta go. Aren't web ads just the equivalent of Nigerian Prince e-mail scams in that they're designed to prey on the elderly and troubled? Are you suggesting that only the elderly and troubled are interested in finding Asian wives?
  12. The Portland Winterhawks use the Blackhawks logo?
  13. ads don't bother me at all until they make noise.
  14. I have a hard time seeing a deal. I feel the opposite. I think the only reason a deal can't get done is because either the Cubs are content with what they have (which wouldn't upset me, I like what we got here) or the Marlins, for whatever reason, want to hold onto him until the trade deadline and pray they can work out an extension before moving him, but it's pretty obvious Stanton has no interest in staying in Miami, and I think he'll let that be known to the team this offseason and then he'll hit the market. And if/when that happens I think the Cubs go shopping. And if other teams do, they won't be able to match what the Cubs can offer. There are fans of at least 15 teams writing the same thing right now, I guarantee it. They can write it but it doesn't make it true.
  15. It's anticlimactic for some of us because we want to see these guys impacting the Cubs, either via trades or playing on the team, as quickly as possible. Knowing that the rest of this season and the first few weeks of next year are just playing the waiting game is frustrating. I'm not begrudging anyone for loving minor league ball and I'm not looking to clutter up the rest of the minor league forum, but stuff like "Core Fore" and "Future Five," just emphasizes, to me, how much waiting is still left and how it's been a pretty [expletive] run to get there. I can't wait to see some of these guys kick ass or be traded for players that kick ass, but wait we must. Obviously I concur with your general sentiment but I don't get the anticlimactic angle. I guess it will be anticlimactic when they finally do call people up, because even then it will just be more waiting for them to adjust and probably a couple seasons of falling short of contention. Is that what you mean?
  16. What? Once you sign a deal isn't your leverage for demanding a trade way down? I assumed they weren't talking this year necessarily Yeah that's kinda how I took it, I think once you sign it has to be a explicit S&T or straight up resign. Once you sign you can't be traded until some point during the next season (want to say sometime in November). But you can always get it if you want one?
  17. What? Once you sign a deal isn't your leverage for demanding a trade way down?
  18. wasn't he making the major league minimum as a member of the 40-man roster? well damn that ruins my possible fun anecdote that might not even be true, but he'd be making ~1/90th of the minimum for 2 days work, which would be ~$5,000, no? Add a few hundred for meals and I'm pretty sure he's not eclipsing his previous earnings for 2 days.
  19. wasn't he making the major league minimum as a member of the 40-man roster?
  20. http://crooksandliars.com/files/vfs/2011/11/NORTH-resized.jpg
×
×
  • Create New...