Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. The Dempster and Garza trades were fine, but aren't really the foundation for the "great farm system" reputation. (I like Hendricks and think he could be effective; Ramirez has been surprisingly good; and I'm still hopeful that Edwards will be pretty good in whatever role, although I no longer think it will be as a good rotation starter. Olt, Villanueva, Grimm, busts or insignificant.) I don't think McKinney is either, and conceptually I see him primarily as the "other" pitcher, Russell as the Samardz value. So I kinda see Russell as really being the only big-time core guy that came via trade of inherited pitchers. Bryant, Baez, Soler, Alcantara, non-trade guys. Arrieta was a pitcher trade, non-inherited. And Rizzo.
  2. AHHHHHH JONATHAN QUINN IS ON CNBC'S AMERICAN GREED SHOW RIGHT NOW!!!
  3. callup coming. they just wanted him to enjoy the futures game Means Alcantara is sticking in the OF..Hopefully this also means Barney is on his way out or some type of trade is coming so they then can easily promote Baez to play 2B alongside Castro. I don't think it really means much of anything.
  4. you want your jackson earlier? i mean the sooner you get it out of the way the better unless he's starting 2 days later.
  5. Which would seem to me to indicate there is plenty of time before we can expect him to be in the majors. That's all I'm trying to say. I think he's going to take a little more time at this level than Baez. How old was Castro when he started in AA? Castro was 19 in AA.
  6. Which would seem to me to indicate there is plenty of time before we can expect him to be in the majors.
  7. I thought $250k was the highest they could go with any one player.
  8. No idea, but Mike Borzello is the major league catching coach. Is he actually allowed to be in the dugout, and if not, is he able to also spend time with minor leaguers? http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/team/coach_staff_bio.jsp?c_id=chc&coachorstaffid=459635 http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/team/coaches.jsp?c_id=chc Tim Cossins was previously described as the Minor League field and catching coordinator and he is still listed officially as field coordinator. new edit no idea why this is from Angels website. http://losangeles.angels.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20131218&content_id=66057372&vkey=pr_chc&c_id=chc
  9. Pedroia is 30 and signed through 2021.
  10. I don't really understand how Russell's ETA is 2015. He will only be 21 all next year, and given the likelihood of them calling up more than 1 of the older batch, and starting their clocks in 2015, I would think they might want to spread that out and wait until 2016 after he gives them no choice but to call him up. This will also give them a chance to figure out what they want to do with Castro longterm. It's just the way he's regarded. Law and Parks practically think he's ready now. Yeah, not sure why I didn't think of it that way. He'd theoretically be more advanced than Castro was when he was called up, or at least older. So he could also theoretically handle it.
  11. I don't really understand how Russell's ETA is 2015. He will only be 21 all next year, and given the likelihood of them calling up more than 1 of the older batch, and starting their clocks in 2015, I would think they might want to spread that out and wait until 2016 after he gives them no choice but to call him up. This will also give them a chance to figure out what they want to do with Castro longterm. That's exactly what I expect. But if he turns it on the rest of this year and starts to dominate AAA next year, it's going to be tough to keep him down there. Not for this front office.
  12. Not in the "promoting virginity" and slicing up wieners on a mission style of freak though.
  13. I don't really understand how Russell's ETA is 2015. He will only be 21 all next year, and given the likelihood of them calling up more than 1 of the older batch, and starting their clocks in 2015, I would think they might want to spread that out and wait until 2016 after he gives them no choice but to call him up. This will also give them a chance to figure out what they want to do with Castro longterm.
  14. I said it wasn't rational. I also hated Theriot even when he was actually good in 2008. Other than the "stupid fan love" angle there is really no comparison between Orton and Theriot. Boring player who I hated in 2008 despite being productive for my favorite teams. That's a pretty weak attempt to compare them. Theriot was a huge douchebag who was completely replaceable as a mediocre second baseman who was a fixture for four straight years in the everyday lineup. Orton basically played 2 years as a Bear because he had to step in for somebody else and then was part of the trade for Cutler, the greatest transaction in Chicago sports over the past 20 years. He was just a goofy schlub who filled his role and was gone. The fan/media obsession is a similar thing.
  15. I defended him longer than I should have. By contrast, I was irrationally hating him before it really made sense to; it had more to do with his stupid munchkin Vulcan face and a weird hunch he was some kind of super hardcore Christian, like a Tebow before Tebow, than any viable criticisms. You thought the Sex Cannon was a Tebowite?
  16. I said it wasn't rational. I also hated Theriot even when he was actually good in 2008. Other than the "stupid fan love" angle there is really no comparison between Orton and Theriot.
  17. I don't get the "projectible" stuff. Orton was okay but never going to even threaten to get over the hump.
  18. http://deadspin.com/fifas-first-post-world-cup-rankings-are-out-1606519027 http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--eJw2EKhz--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/kizzcxu34etoilxq630x.png
  19. Screw that. Orton sucks. My least favorite Bears player in the last 20 years (non Olin Kreutz division). Disliking Orton is kind of odd. But I've always geared my anger more towards our array of inept coaches (Shoop, Shea, etc.) rather than individual players. I don't get the Orton hate either. He was a pretty decent 4th round pick who did his job. There was some stupid fan/media love of the guy, but he was fine and helped facilitate the Cutler trade.
  20. This is news to me; he's been pretty damn good for a month now. Vogelbach has a sub 600 OPS in July.
  21. They said he'd get a few games at catcher here and there during the year, but he'd play mostly OF in 2014. Then they'll bring him to fall instructs and work with him. I have a hard time imagining how delaying his catching instruction will be all that helpful to teaching him how to be a catcher.
  22. Of course, we likely would've drafted both of them if they were available... Aiken, for sure. Not convinced about Appel. But drafting Aiken isn't how Houston is screwing up, it's by dicking him around. Why are you so obsessed with making sure the front office gets credit?
×
×
  • Create New...