Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales · 4m Hoyer - "we'll be active."
  2. There was a purge? site got hacked and basically everything like pre-2005 or so was lost, including tree's awesome nomar trade ms paint O yeah, I remember that. *sigh*BTW I thought these boards had also been around a lot longer than 2003. Seems lik much longer than that, I'm pretty sure there were conversations here durning 98 and even 93 ... Maybe I'm losing my mind, quite possible were you at espn, or cubs.com?
  3. There is not a single person laughing at the Dodgers in this thread. I mean, at least wait for something remotely resembling that sort of thing before going straight to this tired bit. I guess if you go so far as to separate the GM from the team, this could be true. One person made an off hand remark about Colletti overpaying before saying a 'low-A lottery ticket sounds about right' after the return(a PTBNL) came up. Another person made the factual statement that Colletti looks like Bernie from Weekend at Bernies. If that isn't saying "lol Dodgers, sure glad we aren't doing things like THEM!", then I don't know what is. So nothing remotely resembling that sort of thing, right? not for nothing but the original post also noted how there are several threads on this board where people have ridiculed the Dodgers for their stupidity while just winning and winning. But the important thing is making sure nobody criticizes the Cubs for losing all the time.
  4. I could see a misguided sycophant latching on to the notion that Almora was Theo/Jed/McCleod's first love and that Baez was a carry over and therefore not their guy. Add in all the character attributes accorded to each and it makes sense, for an idiot like Haugh.
  5. There is not a single person laughing at the Dodgers in this thread. I mean, at least wait for something remotely resembling that sort of thing before going straight to this tired bit. I guess if you go so far as to separate the GM from the team, this could be true.
  6. They may be winning, but they aren't doing it the right way.
  7. Admittedly, I haven't followed the Lions' offseason. Is there any particular reason why they wouldn't blow it again? It feels like people are continually picking them for better results than they actually deliver. I'd have to agree on their Packers prediction. I think the general narrative is that Schwartz didn't have control of his team and this led to the Lions collapsing the last 2 seasons. Jim Caldwell is supposedly a players coach who will keep them steady and let their talent shine. Or something like that. And they signed Golden Tate to take less pressure off of Megatron. Not saying I buy it necessarily, its just what I've seen out there. Is Jim Caldwell the stare into nothing guy who "led" the Colts?
  8. I'd rather keep them than trade them for the type of crap you get for a player like that. yep
  9. is that called duck no? I hope it is called duck no.
  10. http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-tom-ricketts-weighing-television-offers-20140728,0,4061687.story Ricketts weighing tv options, said to be leaning toward analog, doesn't see value in hd.
  11. Matt Bowan is a consistent tweeter
  12. Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 12s And there you have it... RT @ttwentyman: The Lions have tabled contract discussions with Ndamukong Suh until after the season.
  13. The series against the Orioles? They can celebrate the trade just as the team is approaching it's ~75th loss of the year.
  14. ranking the people who rank prospects? That's unpossible.
  15. I would not call this "covering it correctly". Not quite suggests it is almost a demotion.
  16. A viral infection that knocks you out for a week is probably going to have some carry over into the rest of camp. And as a raw 2nd year guy who already missed time prior to last season it can't be helpful to have him this banged up.
  17. So number 18 on a list of guys ranked in part by likelihood of being traded has a 500-1 chance of being traded?
  18. Almora was more well thought of on draft day. For example, Baseball America rated Almora the 7th best prospect in the draft and Russell 28th. Isn't ba notoriously bad at ranking prospects. At least worse than actual experts?
×
×
  • Create New...