Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,112
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I think I asked about this earlier this summer and somebody responded with a breakdown of a slightly different distribution of afc/nfc games. http://awfulannouncing.com/2013/get-ready-for-more-nfl-flexing-in-2014.html
  2. Chris Kuc ‏@ChrisKuc · 5m Per @BovadaLV, #Blackhawks favorites to win 2015 Stanley Cup at 13/2 odds. Kings at 9/1 and Bruins at 10/1.
  3. And Trestman ok'd it. It's so weird. It's not something that's going to decide our season or anything, but...I'm not a fan. It's a non-story. Practice is every day, opening a restaurant happens once. It's not like he skipped practice to go eat at a restaurant. Practice is part of the job that is even allowing him to open said restaurant. Any on field responsibility with the Bears should always come first. He shouldn't have timed it to where it could even possibly overlap with the regular season. He should have had sex with the chef 11 months ago!!!!!
  4. This is a thing that should not bother you.
  5. And Trestman ok'd it. It's so weird. It's not something that's going to decide our season or anything, but...I'm not a fan. It's a non-story. Practice is every day, opening a restaurant happens once. It's not like he skipped practice to go eat at a restaurant. I think it's a bit more than nothing. Your comparison to how often practice occurs and opening restaurants is pointless, it's not a child being born.
  6. Valbuena is the type of player the Cubs would go after, because his actual value is probably higher than his perceived value as a non-everyday guy. He still holds value to the Cubs who should want to be good in 2015 but may not have all their kids performing quite yet. I really question the type of trade that would make sense for the Cubs to give him up.
  7. https://www.google.com/search?q=veggie+sausage&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XeIFVJvyH4fJggSKxYDABw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1431&bih=918 I was going to point out that they make veggie sausages and I regularly grill those up when my friend's wife is hanging out, but then I realized treymon specified delicious sausages.
  8. http://foodriotcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/seinfeld-gifs-sausage.gif
  9. Castro is not a first name guy. Neither is russell.
  10. *shrug* I didn't shrug off the inability you have of moving on in the face of hundreds of future dongs. I'm not interested in future dongs, I need them right in front of my face to know they are there before I will do any shrugging. It's a comfort thing.
  11. I can appreciate a nice dong as much as anybody else.
  12. If there's one thing I've never been able to enjoy, it's a Cubs victory.
  13. Good teams don't stupidly pencil in prospects for the middle of their order for years to come.
  14. There is not a team in baseball who would have any one of Rizzo, Soler, Bryant, Baez, Russell, or Schwarber right now and not project them as one of their future middle of the order guys. I admitted that Castro and Alcantara aren't those types of bats but are still productive everyday players given some combination of positional value and stuff like defense and baserunning. How can you possibly dispute this? Have you seen what offenses look like now? Yes, some aren't going to be all that good. Some are going to be OK. Some will probably reach every bit of their ceilings. That's why we have a lot of them and we have them at every position (yes, debatable when it comes to Schwarber). Would they have them in their system? Sure. Of [expletive] course. What kind of statement is that? It's meaningless.
  15. seriously THINK ABOUT THIS [expletive] AND DAYDREAM ON IT like, that's not even homeristic hyperbole... any organization would be looking at any of russell, bryant, soler, rizzo, baez, and schwarber as future lynchpins of their lineup. any one. and castro and alcantara are pretty good hitters too. lets stop arguing about this [expletive] and enjoy the fact that this team is starting to be exciting again Yes, that is hyperbolic. 8 dudes everybody else would be excited about as middle of the order hitters? No. I'd rather day watch winning baseball than daydream about prospects who will not come close to living up to some of the absurd expectations people have for them.
  16. This seems irrationally optimistic. If not for injuries you're EXPECTING us to go to the playoffs 9 out of 10 seasons? It's either that or admit that being terrible for three years sucks and isn't awesome. 50 years from now...... Here lies Kyle, who's long life was still cut 5 years short because the Chicago Cubs only averaged 63 wins between 2012-2014 and not 73. In order to average 73 during those years they would need 92 wins this year, that would have been awesome.
  17. College football has an even short seasons and a very short list of predetermined champions. The bowl system changes the stakes a bit to make it a more difficult one to one comparison, and we're crossing streams a bit sport-wise, but college football is way less pretermined than the NBA. Not only are there so many more teams that even a similar percentage of powerhouses leaves more in doubt as to who wins the title, but the shorter season adds to the stakes because those powerhouses have far less room for error than their NBA counterparts. There's barely a competitive reason to watch an NBA regular season game, while a single loss from an Alabama or an Ohio State could ruin their season. Just one person's opinion, if you love watching the NFL's parity or the athleticism of the NBA, go nuts I say. well I wasn't talking about the nba. Liking college football but not liking NFL does not make sense to me.
  18. THIS IS MIND NUMBINGLY WRONG.
  19. College football has an even short seasons and a very short list of predetermined champions.
  20. He wants them to spend $100M on 3-4 starting pitchers only half kidding I want them to spend something on something this offseason I don't look at this offseason as a specific set of dates on the calendar. I prefer a more flexible method of marking the passage of time where every date is some arbitrary point in the future.
  21. is it baker or is it arrieta? looks to me like very slow release from baker
  22. They won't be big spenders, as in they won't be spending $150-$190m on payroll for a while. But with so little committed toward the current roster, that pretty much means they have to be big spenders on 1 or 2 players just to get to the point of being even "medium spenders" for next year's roster.
  23. strong buzzword usage. protect the shield is no different than how any college program or conference treats itself and their TV partners.
×
×
  • Create New...