Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,109
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. YES. Old timey stuff is great. Chris Rock would not approve.
  2. doing a little video montage where you hear and see classic calls of plays is entirely normal and acceptable. having a dead drunk guy lead the morons in the 7th inning stretch is morbid and sad.
  3. Probably? I'm fine with Bryant in CF, but was kind of surprised at the lack of response to pulling one of our best hitters so Travis Wood can pinch run, and only then when it became a 3-2 count. That was the weirdest part for me. Was Bryant more likely to hit a double in a 3-2 count or something? Was he thinking the slight delay would work in their favor and against the pitcher? What the hell happened there?
  4. mostly 'cause he's dead the idea of these brain dead morons needing their patron saint to lead them through the stretch cause he somehow truly encapsulated what it was to be a cub fan and experience wrigley is just disgusting. Cause he's dead it's ghoulish? Is it ghoulish to play We Will Rock You at a sporting event cuz Freddy Mercury is dead? Are they blowing Freddy up to 100 times his size on the jumbotron and genuflecting toward him?
  5. Fowler acted like his groin was no big deal, so I seriously doubt this is long term. I don't think he means next month, or duration of Fowler's contract, when he says long-term.
  6. I did too, but I loved a lot of stuff I don't need to see anymore.
  7. The majority of scouts seem to have had him MLB ready last year or early this year at the latest. A year ago he was getting summer 2014 ETAs by some of the prospect guys. Are you basing this off of two games? I'm concerned about his readiness from a plate discipline perspective. His walk rate has plummeted at AA and then AAA (SSS, of course). Yeah, I think he's technically good enough to have been called up, but could have benefited from more real development.
  8. I have a bigger problem with people that worship Harry than Harry himself.
  9. mostly 'cause he's dead the idea of these brain dead morons needing their patron saint to lead them through the stretch cause he somehow truly encapsulated what it was to be a cub fan and experience wrigley is just disgusting.
  10. I mean seriously, the idea of Harry on there is so so terrible, and gruesome, and just awful. Who in their right mind would prefer that morbid nonsense?
  11. I think it is a terrible idea and the Cubs have already denied it. Like a lot of silly things like this the guest conductor, I am not a fan, but I am also not sure why it riles some people up as much as it does.
  12. They are both bad. If you need Ross's leadership that badly you constructed the rest of your roster poorly, and nobody needs a schlitter for anything. Also, to the guy making clique accusations, this here dude posts the most and somehow knows nothing about any poster and most of the organization. His presence proves the inclusiveness/exclusiveness is equally distributed.
  13. my null hypothesis is that he won't be very good we should avoid this altogether
  14. I don't buy the ignored complaint. I know I pay very little, if any, attention to who makes a post. I don't choose to click on something based on who wrote it. I don't choose to respond or not based on who wrote it. I barely notice who said what unless I am specifically in a conversation with the person. What are you saying that you think is being ignored?
  15. one time mlpeel sent me a very angry pm because a mod said he was moving a thread to rants and i said "i'll move you to rants" Can I bump the "What's wrong with this board" thread? Not that anyone here gives a [expletive] what I think but maybe that mentality is part of the problem. Now more than ever, let everyone be included here. which mentality? C'mon. You do have to see that this board HS like clickish. It's not just my posts. A lot of guys here get the cold shoulder. It's fine, I come here for the good info I don't get elsewhere but this place is one big nerd slapfight sonetimes. I was asking because based on treymon's post I was not sure what mentality you were referring to; peel's harsh treatment of smartassery or trey's smartassery.
  16. one time mlpeel sent me a very angry pm because a mod said he was moving a thread to rants and i said "i'll move you to rants" Can I bump the "What's wrong with this board" thread? Not that anyone here gives a [expletive] what I think but maybe that mentality is part of the problem. Now more than ever, let everyone be included here. which mentality?
  17. it was the photo you guys aren't thinking about
  18. Giants take Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA
  19. derwood has displayed his skinnyness on this very site, plus I've seen him in person and the computer might add a couple pounds.
  20. he's only 26 and goalies routinely come out of nowhere to look for for both short and long durations of time
  21. Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26s26 seconds ago NFL suspends Cowboys DE Greg Hardy without pay for 10 games.
  22. make your pick you lousy bears fans
×
×
  • Create New...