Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,109
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. But the company twitter is not making a prediction, random people on twitter are making the predictions. So, "twitter".
  2. I don't really understand this idea. OF is a 3 position area with 5 guys regularly on the roster. Positional need should not influence your picks.
  3. Will this be the year that Reynolds compares a player to a player that isn't the same race? Will there be a pick that he does not judge based entirely on what major leaguer is currently playing that position for the team?
  4. just visited the site for the first time and i believe you are probably correct It's just a sports version of The Chive so yeah, that says it all http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/cawalkerokay/parks-and-recreation-Jean-Ralphio-the-worst-worst-woooorst-1372637673p.gif first thought I had after seeing smokeshow of the day was The Chive
  5. just visited the site for the first time and i believe you are probably correct
  6. OMG, pursuing 23! He is chasing Ryne Sandberg and will soon catch him!
  7. So...a team that values hitting over pitching is going to trade one of the most productive bats in MLB, who is young and locked up in an excellent deal for a has-been negative WAR first baseman as a placeholder for a prospect who has never hit MLB pitching? you can't rule it out, but if you do I would argue that if you can't imagine such a thing, you should go through some sort of regression therapy and try to reëstablish contact with your youthful imagination. Because right now you're living a barren existence.
  8. can't be easy to get from Des Moines to Lehigh
  9. considering they have to trade Rizzo before calling up Schwarber maybe they are trading for Howard as a preemptive placeholder.
  10. Cole is 4 letters, 4 Washington Avenue, the next clue is at the White House!
  11. His initial deal was actually only a small one. He signed a second deal a year into his career that was the give up football and get a no trade deal. The Cubs did not pick up his options but obviously maintained control and got him back for cheaper his last two years, and I believe that also meant his no-trade clause was gone.
  12. I literally think about it every time I think about trading for Cole. Also, a 50-something douche in front of me on Saturday yelled, "hey Hammel, are you Cole's little brother? Your mom thinks he is better." I could only reply that there was no relation. He also said that maybe Kris Bryant could be half as good as Bryce when he grows up and that made me mad.
  13. you have to assume the Cubs are trading for a veteran with a NTC, and not trading away their own veterans that have one (Lester?) That's what I guessed, but I'm also not going to pretend like I have a clue who, if anyone, had a NTC on the Cubs. I was mainly thinking of how Shark had one (I think he did, right), so I didn't know if there was still someone like that lurking. Not Shark. Dempster. shark had one when he signed his "give up football contract"
  14. you have to assume the Cubs are trading for a veteran with a NTC, and not trading away their own veterans that have one (Lester?)
  15. He's saying we're a fun culture. Our "aces" in the hole here are Maddon & Johnson. If we want to spend the money, I think we've got a real chance to recruit Price. Man this is going to be embarrassing for me, but I can't think of who Johnson is? Cubs minor league pitching coordinator (Derek) is the former Vanderbilt coach and developed Price. Unless the thought is that he is in line to get the pitching coach job I do not think he can be all that helpful in recruiting a free agent.
  16. apparently Brandon Spikes one upped Lance Briggs and got released because of it. [tweet] [/tweet]
  17. maybe he was fastball only because the breaking stuff was hurting him
  18. right between three people? Triangulation, duh. just wasted 15 minutes trying to remember the movie quote with a woman just blurting out, "triangulation" right when they figured out there the guy was and I got nowhere.
  19. right between three people?
  20. Calling Schwarber up now also does not mean keeping him up forever. If they are serious about the catcher thing, he's going to need to go back down and keep working on it. Or, if the primary reason he is catching is because he wants to catch and more or less is refusing to switch to OF, then giving him a taste of the majors now could go a long way toward convincing him the switch is the way to go, without forcing the switch upon him.
  21. Wasted season? It sucks, but I wouldn't go that far if it's only a month. If you can't trade Baez in July it's a wasted season
  22. Why the [expletive] are you so negative? Every post is like a damn obituary. Enjoy the fact the Cubs have some talent and are winning half their games. Dammit. He's not negative, he's as positive as a Cardinals fan comes.
×
×
  • Create New...