Jump to content
North Side Baseball

jersey cubs fan

Old-Timey Member
  • Posts

    68,103
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    64

 Content Type 

Profiles

Joomla Posts 1

Chicago Cubs Videos

Chicago Cubs Free Agent & Trade Rumors, Notes, & Tidbits

2026 Chicago Cubs Top Prospects Ranking

News

2023 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

Guides & Resources

2024 Chicago Cubs Draft Picks

The Chicago Cubs Players Project

2025 Chicago Cubs Draft Pick Tracker

2026 Chicago Cubs Draft Tracker: Picks & Bonuses

Blogs

Events

Forums

Store

Gallery

Everything posted by jersey cubs fan

  1. I kind of feel an elite running game puts the game away with a lead in the 4th quarter.
  2. I was already a non-believer because of the whole one year starter thing, but just from a distance it seems like he sucks. I hated the trade up. I've had doubts but this is wierd. He's been as good as we could hope with talent around him.
  3. Because he has to finish game. You think 5 people are batting in the 8th? Not the point. They either tie it and he goes as long as the game lasts, or they don't. They had to make that switch.
  4. Yep. Can’t hit too hard in football either or it’s “targeting” Oh stfu. Targeting is a legit problem, you can hit really hard without being a reckless [expletive].
  5. It was virtually impossible to walk guys with this zone, but he did, because he was done.
  6. Because he's done since he just pitched 2 days ago. 12 pitches. He warmed up and pitched playoff pitches 2 days ago. And he was gassed at 89 pitches today.
  7. Because he's done since he just pitched 2 days ago.
  8. https://twitter.com/_marcusd2_/status/919360437069762560
  9. https://m.imgur.com/1R3gDvp
  10. The nats were selling those and explicitly said you had to be "eligible" to sit there. Did the Cubs?
  11. I first came to NYC at age 18 and have been here for more than half my life. I cannot fathom the concept of becoming an actually passionate fan of a team as an adult. Root root root for the home team all you want, but to care? That's mental. There is probably quite a difference to how New York fans treated you as a Cubs fan and how Royals fans treated me as a Cubs fan. This is definitely apples to oranges here. Nope. I'm friends with a bunch of mets/yankees fans. I've been to non-Cubs games and ostensibly "cheered" for them and I've brought many to wrigley field where they rooted for the Cubs. Our circle of friends includes Pit, Bos, Phi, KC, Min and Bal fans. And we're all actually fans of the teams we liked as kids.
  12. I first came to NYC at age 18 and have been here for more than half my life. I cannot fathom the concept of becoming an actually passionate fan of a team as an adult. Root root root for the home team all you want, but to care? That's mental.
  13. Nah, any adult that actually cares about this team is weird as horsefeathers.
  14. The problem with using Lackey in game 2 is it either forces you to skip a starter or not use a starter until a game 5 that may not happen, or use Lackey in two games. wait, what? Use Lackey in 2 game? How?
  15. if my aunt cut off my uncle's balls she'd be in prison, or something like that
  16. If Schwarber did the same thing you would have butchered him.
  17. Wade shouldn't be available but everybody else should be fine with today's off day.
  18. Cardinal fans and White Sox fans are the exact same people, just born in different parts of the state. and then there's that whole Missouri thing obligatory
  19. There was an argument to be made not to even use Carl at all, but at least he had the quick hook.
  20. I'd rather Lester go over Hendricks, so you have a potential Q/Lester in 6 and 7.
  21. I think that is a mischaracterization of Lester's short rest outing. 55 pitches over parts of 4 innings in playoff atmosphere is not just an extended bullpen session. Short rest work is risky, back to back short rest outings is fraught with danger.
×
×
  • Create New...